Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Guides In Learning Web Development - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guides In Learning Web Development (704 Views)

After Learning Web Designing, What Should Be My Next Stepp / Problem Learning Web Design/development / 5 Best Youtube Channels To Start Learning Web Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guides In Learning Web Development by Gbengard(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
If you have plenty of free time, I would suggest to give at least 1 hour on Learning things theoretically and at least 3 hours practicing what you learnt.

"Practice is the key" here!

More time you spend practicing, better you will get at web development.

By practicing, I mean writing "real" HTML pages.

Assuming you are absolute beginner (you have no idea how to write HTML/CSS), I would suggest you to first learn HTML from www.w3Schools.com, codeavengers.com, codecademy.com and then start with the examples given there along with each chapter.

Then, maybe create a web version of your resume using tables.

Next step is to learn CSS and use what you have learned to convert your resume into div based HTML. Get rid of all the tables and use HTML's and tags to achieve the exact same look. Add some spice to your resume by adding colors, backgrounds etc. Show some creativity and do some experiments.

Then, learn JavaScript and make sections in your resume collapsible. Add a contact form to your page and add JavaScript validations.

Then learn PHP and add some logic to your resume, like your age should be auto calculated, so should your experience. Add some more spice. Think of what more "calculations" you can do. What "copy-paste" of HTML you can avoid by using arrays and loops. Mail yourself the submissions of your contact form.

Just go innovative!

Then learn SQL or MySQL and record all the submissions of your contact us form into Database. Make an admin panel that allows you to Read, Edit, Delete and Search the submissions of your contact form.

Now finally it's time to convert all your code in OOPS using classes whereever you can. Also, convert all your MySQL queries to PDO.

Now convert all your JavaScript logic using jQuery!

If you feel like doing more, make your resume dynamic. Everything in your resume should come from database. Nothing should be hard-coded in the HTML.

Need more? Add pages to your admin panel which will allow you to add, edit and remove sections of your resume.

There will always be validations written in JavaScript as well as PHP (both) whenever there a form.

PS: Googling, reading tutorials, asking others etc is all part of learning.

If you do this seriously and dedicatedly enough, you have achieved the following in just 3-6 months:
Learnt HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, SQL or MySQL pretty well. Rest will come with practice, experience and time!
Created an awesome resume for yourself to showcase in interviews.
Created a mini CMS that would give your resume a big boost.
Developed the sense of solving problems when it comes to coding.
Learnt where and more importantly HOW to look for solutions when you are struck.
Developed confidence in your coding skills and yourself.
PS: You will get struck multiple times for hours, maybe days on how to do this particular task. Don't get disheartened. It's perfectly normal and a sign that your learning is paying off! Don't hesitate to ask silly questions. Believe me, no question is really silly, if look at it from the correct angle.

All the best and happy learning!
Re: Guides In Learning Web Development by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
Really nice Post

I Rate it 9/10

Weldone
Re: Guides In Learning Web Development by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
Really nice Post

I Rate it 9/10

Weldone
Re: Guides In Learning Web Development by Gbengard(m): 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
Khaynet:
Really nice Post

I Rate it 9/10

Weldone

Thank you Sir!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Nigerian Verified Adsense Account Urgently - Anyone Up For Sale? / Just For You These October Dont Miss It / What Are The Features Of Bulk Sms Software!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.