Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Should Teachers Be Considered A Higher Degree Field, Such As Being A Doctor? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should Teachers Be Considered A Higher Degree Field, Such As Being A Doctor? (503 Views)

"Lost My Father In 2007, Lost My Mother In 2014, Now A Doctor In 2017". Photos / Things You Must Do As A Freshman In A Higher Institution / When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Teachers Be Considered A Higher Degree Field, Such As Being A Doctor? by OmniPotens(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
It surprises me and hurts me that Teachers are not seen as being as important as Doctors. I mean that a Doctor is only a Doctor because someone TAUGHT him how to be one. Teachers are the people that educate people and help them get somewhere in life.

I know that some Teachers are worse than others and yeah, everyone has heard about teachers that just assign homeworks and did not do much of anything else in the way of helping their students to learn. But generally teachers have a very important job, and like many know, they can change the life of their student by influencing him or her by introducing new subjects or helping that student find their passion in life.

A teacher changes whether a student drops out of school or grows to love the subject. All too often, students cite certain teachers as the reason an interest turned into a passion. In some countries, teachers are too often seen simply as jobs that have no real impact. Yet, we fail to see that like a Doctor who saves a life, or a Lawyer who avenges a life, a Teacher changes a life. More accurately, the rarely found good teacher changes lives; the average teacher who doesn't have the right skills to teach simply acts as an intermediary between the student and the textbook.

Teachers are greatly underrated and underpaid and I think things really need to change.

Having read a little about our views on this, what are your opinions with regards if "Teachers Should Be Considered A Higher Degree Field, Such As Being A Doctor or Lawyer"?

Culled from ePortalNG: https://eportal.ng/post/should-teachers-be-considered-a-higher-degree-field-such-as-being-a-doctor-or-lawyer/

(1) (Reply)

Futo, Uniport, Imsu, Alvan, Nekede And Admission news updates / First-time Adoption Of IFRS (IFRS 1) / Amazing Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.