Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates (3876 Views)

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by jendordino(m): 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2009
"i think govt shd let pple study courses dat relate 2 agriculture and entreprenueship free of charge in our universities ( even without going thru jamb)"
i agree with you
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by Fdeveloper(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2009
The fact of the matter is that possession of a university degree does not in tself guarantee employment and this applies all over the world.  In the majority of cases, we in Nigeria tend to feel that having a university degree earns you the right to have a job however all it does is to give you is a competitive edge over those who don't have a degree. You should also remember that generally, the prospective employer will also consider other attributes such as being a team player, interpersonal skills, self motivation etc. before selecting the right candidate.

I don't agree therefore with the notion that the government should refund any fees paid to obtain a degree in the event of unemployment particularly since neither the government nor the academic institution entered into a contractual agreement with the student that employment would be guaranteed on successful completion of the course.
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2009
If you have been unemployed 10 years after your graduation, then the issue is you and not the government, check yourself out, check your association, drop the title, and get your hands dirty. This is one thing if nothing at all that going to a foreign country has thought most Nigerians. It is not your degree, but your determination.
GAMECHANGE, with u all the way
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by tkb417(m): 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2009
why not propose also that all secondary school students who can't proceed to higher institutions should be given their fees back. Stupid!

Why should you go to school and wanna depend on another person for your living. we are no more in the iindustrialisedage where you get work even before finishing, you are in a global world where information rules.Your skills,experience and informations is your strenght.

you sure wont make sense if ur life is tied to it. The poster is even better than you
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by royalicon(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2009
If the project is actually accepted, I forsee;
some working class people;
the retired old cargo;
people on self employment;
on queue to collect such money.
There is to real fact or database that can prove the real unemployment rate in Naija.
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by slimfine(f): 5:51am On Mar 20, 2009
Ultimately, It is the job of the Government to care for its citizens. So I really do not see the absurdity of this idea. Maybe the repayment of tuition sounds a bit bogus however, If the government compensate unemployed graduates; that would be ideal.
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by AjanleKoko: 7:52am On Mar 20, 2009
I read somewhere that the youth unemployment stands at a mind-boggling 72%.
If that's the case, government need to do something.
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2009
The Govt did not force you to go to school so why should they pay up. Going to college is not by force.
There are people who go through college in Nigeria and can't solve basic algebra questions. Some can't even write/speak proper english enough for them to pass an interview or create a good resume.
80% of the people who claim they graduated and remained unemployed for 10yrs probably shouldn't have gone to the university in the first place.
Most of them go to school and study ridiculous majors and expect to get employment in a Nigerian economy that is not diverse.
Some choose to do nothing until they get a job at the "oil companiess"
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by slyk2(m): 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2009
our schools are not 21st century compliant!

if you keep waiting for govt and job givers you are a big time loser.

lets get it clear, the advanced societies have series of entreprising people that boosts their economy.
they even give much to the recieve.

GRADUATES must go and find jobs themselves, after all no one begged them to go to school.
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by slyk2(m): 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2009
lets tell ouselves the truth, what is the cost of education?

is there any alternative?

what do we stand to achieve in life?
anyone who can answer these questions will not be much bugged in life where ever you are!

we have to look elsewhere for solutions against just getting employed.
the so called illitrates will be taking advantage of any unemployed graduate.

look for what to do and grow there in.
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by oge4real(f): 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2009
I can't believe an adult actually posted this. embarassed
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by Skywalker5(m): 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2009
Na govt send them go school grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by asweetcake: 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2009
haha!! wishful thinking!! The only thing government should do is create the environment that will increase employment rates
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by idupaul: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2009
refund ur school fees ke, did they tell u to go to school
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by alimat2(f): 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2009
I have to resign now, so that i can get frm that refund. grin grin grin
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 26, 2009
The amount of money these our socalled poli-thivies have stolen
is the major cause of unemployment in naija
they should refund our school fees
they get luck say i don get job,if not i for
go meet the man representing my constutuency
and raise the motion if possible
demand the money i spent in school
for five years
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by Tylenol: 10:18am On Mar 27, 2009
What happens after you've been reimbursed and you get a job? Do you 'reimburse' government?

What happens if you become unemployed again through no fault of yours? Another reimbursement?

While it must be frustrating being unemployed, (not only for graduates, afterall having a university degree doesn't necessarily mean you should take precedence over those that do not), the best government can do is create a conducive atmosphere for investments so that jobs enough jobs are created. We know that's not totally feasible, but hey, we are talking about the ideal situation right?
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by AjanleKoko: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2009
On a lighter note?
What of those of us who went to school when fees were just about 180 naira?
It means someone like me is entitled to a reimbursement of N900.
Hardly recompense for unemployment, I would say.
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by Emad(f): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2009
@ topic , what a stupid Question
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by ehixking(m): 8:47am On Sep 15, 2013
ekoboy: Moderator!
Please move to joke section.
Maybe government would also take all the knowledge that was impacted on the graduates.

No government would rather pay for wasting his time(5year no be joke)
In economics there is something the call the time value of money
That money if invested would have even yielded profits
Re: Government Should Refund The School Fees Of Unemployed Graduates by oladayo042: 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
I don't why I am thinking in the opposite direction. Every graduate that cannot do something worthwhile for himself 10 years after graduation should be made to pay the government for wasting its tution-free education.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Law Firm Entrance Test / Institute Of Chartered Accountant Of Nigeria Has Releases Result / 10 Things Every Accounting Student Should Know About Accounting Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.