Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija (6078 Views)

Compressors, Generators, Sand Blasting Pots, Crane available For Hire / Bole-hole Contract And Drilling Rigs, Compressors / Where To Buy Wholesale Cosmetic Products In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by promise72(m): 7:11am On Mar 16, 2009
Dear NL'ers,

I, with 2 other friends of mine are planning to start a business of renting compressors and borehole rigs in Ogun and Oyo States. I am seeking advice and information from people who are familiar with most common make/models that are common and easily repaired in Nigeria.

Other information like rental rates and other relevant information will definitely be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by paronic: 11:29am On Mar 18, 2009
Why will you want to rent rigs. The industry cannot meet the demand for good borehole drilling. Looking at it from a business concept, you are better off using your rigs yourself. It is a very technical industry, i cannot imagine what an unskilled driller will do to your rig.
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by promise72(m): 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2009
paronic:

Why will you want to rent rigs. The industry cannot meet the demand for good borehole drilling. Looking at it from a business concept, you are better off using your rigs yourself. It is a very technical industry, i cannot imagine what an unskilled driller will do to your rig.

When i say renting, i am not just talking of giving my rig to some "Joe Blow" while i sit at home. What i mean is that, i will provide the expertise/operator to operate the rig. My point of view is that, there will be a lot of contractors/drillers out there without their own rig or can use one more rig to execute an additional contract rather than turn it down.

That is where i want to come in. Sort of the "sub-contracting" the job to me without me actually going out there actively begging for the contract.

They call me, i show up, drill, get paid. im gone. How they get the contract or when they get their money from the government, i dont wanna know.

Still looking for pointers on rigs that i can easily find operators and repair when it break down.

Thanks
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by paronic: 3:34pm On Mar 18, 2009
Good. If thats your idea, welcome to the club. It is an interesting business and i know some people that are already involved in that. Atlas Copco is a common rig and compresssor in Nigeria. Nevertheless, i dont know any one that repairs them. I know a company that assembles rigs in Nigeia and they will fix the rig when ever it has a fault.
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by promise72(m): 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for that. Atlas Copco is almost same as Ingersoll Rand- Especially the Rig. They look quite similar.
I have heard a lot of people that have to wait on contractors to get to them for borehole cos the rig is busy. I know theres a lot of people there but anyone can still make his/her penny especially if you have a good rig.

I wouldnt mind to get the contact of those company that repairs the rig if you dont mind. I am pretty sure they can repair compressors too.

So what are you into? If you dont mind me asking
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by paronic: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2009
The company that assembles rigs is Deepwells Hydraulic LTD. The MD's number is 08033360007. He is a good resource for more info about the drilling industry in Nigeria. Yes, to get a rig to drill your borehole takes a long time because they are always busy and it is a very profitable business. In Nigeria, we do not have enough rigs, so there are alot of opportunities for a starter.
I am into the hospitality business, i am building a center that contains a hotel and other entertainment facilities. This is located in Anambra state.
I have been doing alot of research on the borehole drilling industry and i am about to invest in the business, this is why i have these information i am providing. I have met alot of people in the industry, rig owners, rig managers and skilled drillers. I am looking at buying a Nigerian assembled rig (mounted on a truck) and a compressor, so that i can minimize my learning curve expenses.
You said you have some friends you are venturing into the busines with. It is a very profitable busines and has a high cost of entry. As it is right now, i am still in the process or entry; raising capital, completing my financial/operations calculations and more knowledge about Nigeria (drilling in Nigeria). I am open to ideas and collaboration. Let me know if you need more info or if we can do anything together.
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by promise72(m): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2009
Sent u email already
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by mikemic: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2011
Am interested and will really like to knw more pls
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by dantapa: 3:12pm On May 04, 2011
@promise72 and All, please am intrested in this business, i am an importer of trucks and equipments to Nigeria, just let me know the details of the equipments needed i can get it in Europe because i live in Europe. I will appreciate any info from you about this business i don't mind partnership.
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by lehinme: 11:11am On May 06, 2011
i happen to own 3 rigs and operate in lagos.My advice to all those who are planning to invest in he business to is think about it very carefully.It is profitable but very risky business as no two boreholes are the same.You can successsfully drill a borehole in a particular location and drill a second one barely 100 metres away and encounter very different formation. Another major problem with the industry is the shortage of skilled drillers.The bulk of drillers ou in the market are only half baked. Another problem is the lack of adequate spares particularly for hydraulic top-head rigs.You are better off with mechanical or table drive rigs as they are not only cheaper to maintain but you would find more mechanics who understand them. My final piece of advice is for you guys planning to invest to raise more capital and import your rigs. Buying locally assembled rigs is not adviceable as you would spend more time fixing the rig than drilling

1 Like

Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by jmasoje: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
I am interested and I want to know the cost of a drilling rig and compressor and the type to buy, urgent please
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by Schwarzenegger: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
If you need a borehole driller contact me on 08029491056
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by StarrMatthieu: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
BUMPS
Re: Borehole Rigs And Compressors : Which Is The Most Popular In Naija by soloesco: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
lehinme, please, do forward me your full name and contact phone number
secondly, sir are you the same person as Bimbo Ademale? soloesco@yahoo.com
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A JAMB/UTME Tutorial/prep Classes Center In Nigeria / Work And Earn At Your Convenience While You Retain Your 8 - 5 Job. / Nairabet: Fund Withdrawal Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.