Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,945 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Are You The Exception? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You The Exception? (411 Views)

Being A Man Is Never An Exception To Advices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You The Exception? by MrAnonTAC: 7:10am On Jul 28, 2015
Not everyone can be an Aliko Dangote who started with little to become a multi-billionaire! Or a Bill Gates who dropped out of school to become the richest man in the world.

Not everyone can be a Don Jazzy, or a Genevieve Nnaji (although my Ex wants to be Nnaji in her next life. That I think means I will come back as Dbanj).

I have heard people say “Not everyone can be like Mr X or Miss Y because…”. I totally agree!

There is no doubt that some people are exceptional. However, exceptions are not born instead, they are created. Everyone on earth is a future astonishing and amusing anecdote right now.

Here are some of the questions I ask myself everyday which should ask yourself also:

Is it better for me to do a small thing a day to improve my health or be sick in bed?
I would rather sleep than be out but I always try to play Tennis with my sister even though she is very bad at it. She’s the worst!

Is it Better to be around people who will Inspire and support me or people who will laugh at me and try to put me down?
Recently I showed my sisters and a friend a design of an idea I was thinking of working on. They were kind to me and told me it was a great idea and made some suggestions although they made me promise them a share of the business if it works out.

Is it better to be creative or just copy an existing idea?
This is a tough question to answer. If something is working for others, it might just work for you. ( Linda Ikeji is a good example ).
But then, it is always fun to be creative everyday if possible. Pretend to be ‘Pinky and the Brian’, you might just end up taking over the world like Mark Zuckerberg.

Is it Better To be Thankful today or to complain?
Its easy to find something to be pissed about. Its only human to be upset about people or things but then you can turn it into what I call ‘Problem Pacifier’. When a problem arises, I try to find something around the problem to be grateful for. When I lost a major contract back then, I just assumed that was God keeping me alive as my partner could have tried taking my life if it went through… I became thankful. It was better than dwelling and getting depressed.

I know answering all these questions will not only make me better but also people around me. How? If I can clear out the clouds and get to the moon, others can follow me there.

I really don’t worry myself about destiny or exceptions.

Ask yourself these questions each day and celebrate those small successes and then you can start becoming the exception instead of the rule…

Actually, There are no rules!

About The Author: Ife John is an Economist, Seasoned Business Analyst , Motivational Speaker and a lover of God. His Inspiration comes from personal life experiences and passion to help others. He is the creator of True Anonymous Confession Blog.
Re: Are You The Exception? by OkoyeA1(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Are You The Exception? by Feranchek(m): 7:22am On Jul 28, 2015
This guy up ehn....

(1) (Reply)

Bed Bugs Eradication Services / Happy Birthday To Me / #fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.