Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? (3156 Views)

Am I Not Justified? / Guy Announced His Grandfather's Death By Selfie Taking In Hospital - Photo / Dabbing Madness Taking Over Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 28, 2015
Last night, I had a discussion with a male friend who justifies this. His arguments, ".....Babe I don't want my wife to cheat, so we must have either a blood covenant or ma gun(thunderbolt). ." shocked shocked He went on to state how many times his previous relationships" hit the rocks" because of infidelity.In a society where infidelity is prevalent, is it justified? I listened and watched him for hours as he argued with so much emotions. He says he will never cheat on his wife, and it will only be fair if he put "things" in place to prevent the wife from cheating as well.

I am still in shock! I dont think I will see that nigger again. angry
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by corisande: 9:00am On Jul 28, 2015
lipsrsealed Hian! This one don pass me
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Cutehector(m): 9:02am On Jul 28, 2015
What justifies him he won't cheat on his wife....

Btw, dr is power in d tongue so oath takin is real and it comes to pass

1 Like

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by missbehave247(m): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2015
Modified*
EggovinMma:
Last night, I had a discussion with my bf who justifies this. His arguments, ".....Babe we must have either a blood covenant or ma gun(thunderbolt). ." shocked shocked He went on to state how many times his previous relationships" hit the rocks" because of infidelity.In a society where infidelity is prevalent, is it justified? I listened and watched him for hours as he argued with so much emotions. He says he will never cheat on me, and it will only be fair if he put "things" in place to prevent me from cheating as well.
I am still in shock! I dont think I will date that nigger again. angry
Run for your life, if you can't cope with his demands.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by MizMyColi(f): 9:15am On Jul 28, 2015
People who we claim to love should be free to make their choices.

Doing anything that shows we do not trust our partners, or that we do not trust them enough never bodes well.

That said, I chose my partner based on the belief that he is trust worthy, if he betrays that trust.....
Well, I laugh in swahiligrin

Setting rules and boundaries have a way of piquing curiosity thereby availing room for temptations.
Ask Adam and Eve of the garden of Eden.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by busky101(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2015
No blame the guy jare, he is talking from experience. ..
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2015
EggovinMma:
Last night, I had a discussion with a male friend who justifies this. His arguments, ".....Babe I don't want my wife to cheat, so we must have either a blood covenant or ma gun(thunderbolt). ." shocked shocked He went on to state how many times his previous relationships" hit the rocks" because of infidelity.In a society where infidelity is prevalent, is it justified? I listened and watched him for hours as he argued with so much emotions. He says he will never cheat on his wife, and it will only be fair if he put "things" in place to prevent the wife from cheating as well.

I am still in shock! I dont think I will see that nigger again. angry
I don't know how this magun works?
What if the husband happened to cheat?
please I need an explanation.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2015
Thunderbolt isn't a good preventative method but works well as a punitive measure for a whoreish wife, especially those that have been caught and warned to desist but still keep her sinful ways.

Such women deserve to be bolted. cheesy

An old man once told me a story of how one woman kept embarrassing her husband by openly sleeping with his friend and neighbor who despite several warnings still kept sleeping with her until thunderbolt struck.

His family desperately sought an antidote while the certain people prevented the herbalists from providing it.

The man eventually died a horrible death after suffering several days in horrible pain.

#LessonLearnt.

Don't fvck another man's wife no matter how bad she wants it.

2 Likes

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
softysparky:

I think it goes both ways.
This is the second time I am hearing this from a guy, and both are very educated.
Cheating is bad in marriage no doubt but wishing horrible death to a cheating partner is worst.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
EggovinMma:

This is the second time I am hearing this from a guy, and both are very educated.
Cheating is bad in marriage no doubt but wishing horrible death to a cheating partner is worst.
Not wishing but traditional/systematic assassination.

Nothing happens to the woman, only the man who cheats with her dies. So she's still safe. Kinda..

Are you scared?
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
EggovinMma:

I don't have a problem as long as it goes both ways.

2 Likes

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=Brandnew2 post=36356417]
Not wishing but traditional/systematic assassination.

Nothing happens to the woman, only the man who cheats with her dies. So she's still safe. Kinda..

Are you scared? [/quo

Yea, but I have seen cases where both died.
The woman may just be parading herself as 'single', hence putting an innocent man on the deadly line.

At the bolded, I am not scared.Been experience long enough to be unconditionally faithful to a very special person. I just find him irrational and that's a huge turn off.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
Personally, I wouldn't do such. It's much easier getting a divorce or dump her if not yet married.
Cheating is worth anyone's life.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
softysparky:

cheesy grin grin You dey fear?
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by cococandy(f): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Will he take the oath too?
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by SAMBARRY: 7:30am On Jul 29, 2015
Illiteracy and belief in superstition/jazz

what a twisted mind

2 Likes

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2015
Eyop:

cheesy grin grin You dey fear?
Why shall I feargrin
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 8:39am On Jul 29, 2015
softysparky:

Why shall I feargrin

Well, there are some areas that have this stuff. If the woman should cheat,she will die except she confesses. Another is if she cheats and the husband knows about this and continues to eat her food/sleep with her,the husband will also die.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by calculusx(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2015
Eyop:

Well, there are some areas that have this stuff. If the woman should cheat,she will die except she confesses. Another is if she cheats and the husband knows about this and continues to eat her food/sleep with her,the husband will also die.

Yes you are right. It's practise in Kogi State till date and it happened to a family I know. They didn't go back to village ontime to appease to their GODs. Unfortunately both the husband and wife died on their way to village.
There are exceptions though,especially when no dowry was paid on the bride. I couldn't believe such still happens sha
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2015
calculusx:

Yes you are right. It's practise in Kogi State till date and it happened to a family I know. They didn't go back to village ontime to appease to their GODs. Unfortunately both the husband and wife died on their way to village.
There are exceptions though,especially when no dowry was paid on the bride. I couldn't believe such still happens sha

It is even practiced in some areas of my state,some part of south east and I believe many other states in Nigeria. Any wayward lady won't be comfortable marrying from those region because they are not sure of themselves. It's their tradition and if they aren't comfortable with it,they shouldn't go in. It's more dangerous than magun because from the 1st day of marrying into that family,this tradition is activated.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 29, 2015
Eyop:

Eyop:

It is even practiced in some areas of my state,some part of south east and I believe many other states in Nigeria. Any wayward lady won't be comfortable marrying from those region because they are not sure of themselves. It's their tradition and if they aren't comfortable with it,they shouldn't go in. It's more dangerous than magun because from the 1st day of marrying into that family,this tradition is activated.
Eyop:

Honestly to me I don't see it as a big deal as long as it's not selective and affects directly the person that cheated. I think we need stuffs like this to cage our wandering prick married men, they are too much these days.

1 Like

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2015
softysparky:

Honestly to me I don't see it as a big deal as long as it's not selective and affects directly the person that cheated. I think we need stuffs like this to cage our wandering prick married men, they are too much these days.

well like i said, if the man should cheat,it DOES NOT affect him but if it's the wife and the husband is aware & continues to eat her food/sleep with her,that's how it affects the husband. The problem here is the woman and not the man ooh smiley
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2015
Eyop:

well like i said, if the man should cheat,it DOES NOT affect him but if it's the wife and the husband is aware & continues to eat her food/sleep with her,that's how it affects the husband. The problem here is the woman and not the man ooh smiley
That's wickedness man!

1 Like

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 29, 2015
softysparky:

Honestly to me I don't see it as a big deal as long as it's not selective and affects directly the person that cheated. I[b] think we need stuffs like this to cage our wandering prick married men, they are too much these days[/b].

Babe if you try this one, we no go get husband/brothers/nephew again ooooo
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2015
softysparky:

That's wickedness man!

I understand sha but that's the tradition and there's nothing anyone can do to change that. Me i won't cheat when married and if the woman in question does not cheat,then we won't have a problem. So many men have died like chickens because of this because the painful part is in the case of the man knowing and she continues to eat her food,he will be the one to die and the woman might escape it.

Some even affect the children too i.e they will start falling sick until the issue is resolved traditionally.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 29, 2015
softysparky:

You don't see a big deal in killing someone just because they cheated undecided

How about divorce?
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 29, 2015
Glock8:

You don't see a big deal in killing someone just because they cheated undecided
How about divorce?
We started this convo from somewhere, I think you are getting it all wrong.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2015
EggovinMma:

Babe if you try this one, we no go get husband/brothers/nephew again ooooo
Imagine "cheat and die"grin

1 Like

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by calculusx(m): 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
Eyop:

What baffles me in such traditional practise is,husbands are free to cheat while wives are not allowed to. I think the equation should be balanced, nobody should cheat, who ever cheats should face the consequence alone.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
calculusx:

What baffles me in such traditional practise is,husbands are free to cheat while wives are not allowed tko. I think the equation should be balanced, nobody should cheat, who ever cheats should face the consequence alone.

Yes sir. I asked a lot of Elders about this and their excuse is that men are polygamous in nature and it shouldn't affect them. I have never heard it anywhere that if the men should cheat on their wives,that this traditional repercussion would come into play but it has always been the women but will only affect the man if he knows about this but still continue to live with her like husband and wife. It's only God that can deal with a cheating husband naturally but not through this medium.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
CC

Lalasticlala
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by calculusx(m): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
Eyop:

Yes sir. I asked a lot of Elders about this and their excuse is that men are polygamous in nature and it shouldn't affect them. I have never heard it anywhere that if the men should cheat on their wives,that this traditional repercussion would come into play but it has always been the women but will only affect the man if he knows about this but still continue to live with her like husband and wife. It's only God that can deal with a cheating husband naturally but not through this medium.

Odikwa serious grin grin. But, looking as far back as those days, how did all these practices come into play, how was it started, who pronounced such on generations upon generations? Just wondering. Did you know wherever the couple might be on the face of the earth, they need to go back to Village to appease their Gods.

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Qualities Of A Favoured Woman / Before My Father Kills My Mother. Help Pls!!! / Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.