Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:14 AM

Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) (6295 Views)

Beginners Makeup Tips...8 Things You Need... / Makeup Tips For Everyday Look Younger / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2015
Hi ladies..welcome to my makeup diary!I am a self taught makeup artist...I'll be doing product reviews,giving makeup tips and talking about anything and everything makeup...who's in?

1 Like

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 10:20am On Jul 28, 2015
HOW TO USE EYESHADOW APPLICATORS.
I know a lot of us think eyeshadow sponge applicators are just for applying eyeshadows..WRONG!There are a lot of other ways to use it in order to achieve flawless makeup application.
*Its also great for makeup beginners to apply eyeshadows on the eyelids.In using it,don't use a sweeping motion.Dab on the colour..This prevents fallouts and is great for shimmery eyeshadows.
*I am very sure most of us have been aching to lay our hands on a beauty blender sponge.For those who are still in the dark,its like the holy grail of makeup sponges.It blends out foundation and undereye concealer to leave a perfect finish.personally,I think its overpriced.Anyways,a wet eyeshadow applicator can be used to blend out concealer used under the eyes..Its great because it reaches into the inner corners of the eyes that a brush can't reach.That's basically why many favour the beauty blender,due to its pointed tip.For me,a dampened triangle headed eyeshadow applicator does the job just fine!
*Eyeshadow applicators are great for applying lipsticks or gloss.It has a way of reducing shine to leave a matte finish.Also,you can use it to dab on translucent powder on any glossy lipstick to make it matte.
I am sure,no one would underestimate the power of those little wands again!more tips and product reviews coming...feel free to ask questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Pamelayoung: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2015
I thnk if u place pisshure of d makeover u have done will work well
Well I wnt to learn make-over 4 personal use.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Adesiji77: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
queenfav:
Hi ladies..welcome to my makeup diary!I am a self taught makeup artist...I'll be doing product reviews,giving makeup tips and talking about anything and everything makeup...who's in?

There is more than one entrance to the market... tongue
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
@pamelayoung I am not a makeup artist,just very good at it.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
@adesiji,you must not comment on every thread esp as you don't get paid for it!
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
That's my work makeup look

4 Likes

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
my signature red lips look...

3 Likes

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Adesiji77: 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
queenfav:
@adesiji,you must not comment on every thread esp as you don't get paid for it!

"Every thread"? stalker alert! tongue

1 Like

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Aitee1: 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
Adesiji77:

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Adesiji77: 8:31am On Jul 29, 2015
Aitee1:

undecided undecided undecided

What?
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Aitee1: 8:57am On Jul 29, 2015
Adesiji77:

What?

Just don't do what you did again sad
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2015
I like your second look.

My eyelids are small so am not really an eye shadow person.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2015
I like your second look.

My eyelids are small so am not really an eye shadow person.
I admire people with fuller eyelids, they always look good with eye shadow cos they have more space for it, like you.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks@joavid..u can always use a black eyeshadow and smoke it out with a blending brush..its looks good on ladies with small eyelids.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hello lovelies..Have you ever been in a situation where you bought a foundation or powder that wasn't your exact skin shade?lol..it has happened to me many times o,till my eyes became open..Now am going to be letting you all in on how to buy the exact shade of your skin to avoid having a ghostlike look!
Firstly,foundation is key to your makeup look..Please I beg you,don't ever let someone look at you and tell you what color of foundation or powder to buy.When you have applied it,and start looking like a racoon,the makeup artist or beauty shop owner will deny you o.
Your best bet is to get tested to find out your perfect skin shade for foundation and powder.what I did in 2007 was walking into a mary kay sales outlet and I was tested in broad daylight.That's how I knew my foundation shade was bronze 607.Its important to know that you should test for your perfect shade by applying it on the jawline or neck.That's better to avoid your face looking brighter than your neck.This would save you the stress of having to apply foundation on the neck which can stain the collar of shirts.
Going on,once you have been tested by zaron,black up,sleek,black opal,mary kay,milani etc to know your perfect foundation/powder,go to www.findation.com .The website caters to the needs of women worldwide as it helps you with a complete list of all makeup brands and your perfect shade.
All you have to do is locate the brands for which you know your perfect shade..and it would give you results based on what you use for other brands.Its very accurate and a must for those who are makeup artists or owners of beauty shops.

1 Like

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
Here's what the site has to say;
Buying a new foundation online is hard
If you haven't tried a foundation on before and
can't make it into a store it is near impossible.
Colour swatches on your screen aren't enough
to make a decision on.
Colours can look different between different
monitors.
As a retailer you know how hard it can be when
customers are wary to try new formulations and
need to return foundations that don't suit them.
Findation.com is a global foundation
matching engine that solves that problem.
We help shoppers to find their perfect
foundation shade when shopping online.
How does matching work?
Findation uses data from over 1,706,000
foundation users worldwide and a sophisticated
proprietary algorithm to match shades between
brands.
94% of surveyed
users said the Findation. service made them
more likely to find their perfect shade.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Adesiji77: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
Aitee1:

Just don't do what you did again sad

Make me understand slendaitee...

Can we take this offline? embarassed
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
queenfav:
Thanks@joavid..u can always use a black eyeshadow and smoke it out with a blending brush..its looks good on ladies with small eyelids.

Yea. I use more of black eye shadow and black eye liners.

Thanks
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by DzTzl(f): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
Adesiji77:

she s right u know *lol* [/size][size=8pt]
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Adesiji77: 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
DzTzl:
she s right u know *lol* [/size][size=8pt]

You too? embarassed
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hi lovelies..been a while right?been super busy all week.I was discussing with a friend who wants to become a professional makeup artist.she was lamenting about the high cost of good training.when I told her 'do you know you can become a self taught makeup artist?'she laughed at me eh..But its so true.The art of makeup is what you can learn on your own.How to do it?I'll tell you my recommendations.
1.Have a genuine love for it..Personally,I have always loved makeup.I remember playing with my mum's red lipstick(that one from the 90's that comes in a green tube).I watched my aunts back in the day of thin eyebrows and all..lol.it has been a loong journey to where I am today..but I can now confidently say am no more a novice when it comes to doing my face..My point is,a genuine love for makeup goes a long way to help you make a career out of it.Afterall,most bloggers on youtube have never seen the four walls of a makeup school,yet they do wonders with makeup.
2.Get enough materials on it..till date I stil watch makeup tutorials on youtube,I follow makeup blogs and read books on the art of make up.My all time favourite bloggers are 'thatigbochick','vievebutterfly','thestyleand beautydoctor'and 'chloesmakeover'.
Finally,to master the art of professional makeup,get the following books..They are the holy grail of makeup books as far as everything makeup is concerned.Here it goes...
1.Making faces by kevyn aucoin
2.Bobbi brown makeup manual
3.Makeup (trade secrets of professionals) by kit spencer.
Out of them all,my favourite is makeup (trade secrets of professionals)by kit spencer.The others are good (maybe overhyped sef).But kit spencer takes it for me..It has great pictures that shows each step of makeup application.Invest in your passion for makeup and read good books on it.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by emekaxy: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
queenfav:
my signature red lips look...

@op I read your post about lawyer....send me a pm If you are in PH I need a makover for my wife for our wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
emekaxy:

@op I read your post about lawyer....send me a pm If you are in PH I need a makover for my wife for our wedding.
thank you my brother..am not really a professional make up artist..Am just good at it.Also I don't live in ph..Thanks for the offer tho.God bless.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by predicta: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tanks queenfav,u're truly awesome..pls where do we get d makeup books u recommended?
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
queenfav:
Hi lovelies..been a while right?been super busy all week.I was discussing with a friend who wants to become a professional makeup artist.she was lamenting about the high cost of good training.when I told her 'do you know you can become a self taught makeup artist?'she laughed at me eh..But its so true.The art of makeup is what you can learn on your own.How to do it?I'll tell you my recommendations.
1.Have a genuine love for it..Personally,I have always loved makeup.I remember playing with my mum's red lipstick(that one from the 90's that comes in a green tube).I watched my aunts back in the day of thin eyebrows and all..lol.it has been a loong journey to where I am today..but I can now confidently say am no more a novice when it comes to doing my face..My point is,a genuine love for makeup goes a long way to help you make a career out of it.Afterall,most bloggers on youtube have never seen the four walls of a makeup school,yet they do wonders with makeup.
2.Get enough materials on it..till date I stil watch makeup tutorials on youtube,I follow makeup blogs and read books on the art of make up.My all time favourite bloggers are 'thatigbochick','vievebutterfly','thestyleand beautydoctor'and 'chloesmakeover'.
Finally,to master the art of professional makeup,get the following books..They are the holy grail of makeup books as far as everything makeup is concerned.Here it goes...
1.Making faces by kevyn aucoin
2.Bobbi brown makeup manual
3.Makeup (trade secrets of professionals) by kit spencer.
Out of them all,my favourite is makeup (trade secrets of professionals)by kit spencer.The others are good (maybe overhyped sef).But kit spencer takes it for me..It has great pictures that shows each step of makeup application.Invest in your passion for makeup and read good books on it.
whr did u get dos books
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
I downloaded them free from www.bookos-z1.org Meanwhile,sorry for going incommunicado.Will be dropping a coveted makeup trick /tip tomorrow...come in and learn one or two things.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hello lovelies...its been a while.Now,have you ever been in a "brow gone wrong" situation?If you haven't been in one,you are definitely blessed among women!Ok,if you are wondering what am talking about,let me speak in plain english...lol.Have you ever had a makeup artist or stylist shave off your brows in a scary way.Yea..I have been there and am still recovering.Its amazing how we all think an "expert" can just look at you and tweeze/ shave your brows;and it wil turn out perfect!
The good news is you can shapen your brows yourself and fill it in like a pro by following these simple steps:
1.Find your true eyebrow arch.That is the surest way to get perfect looking brows that suits your facial structure.
2.Once the arch has been located using a pencil,mark the three points ie starting,arch and end of brows with a white pencil for visibility and guidance.
3.The next thing is to use the white pencil to outline the brow shape,like you would normally use a brown pencil to.You do this for the up and down parts in the desired shape you want.This is the holy grail of shaping your brows.Once you have outlined it with a white pencil,it guides you in shaving or tweezing the hairs outside the white line brows with a razor or tweezer.
TIP:You can get an eyebrow stencil kit to draw out the shape of your brows perfectly.Also never take off hairs from the touch.You can remove light hairs just to give it a clean look.
Its also important to brush the hairs upwards to trim off the longer brow hairs.Also,use a light hand in taking out hairs outside the white outline.This is to ensure you don't end up with pencil thin brows.For those whose brows have been 'murdered' by makeup artists or salons..There is still hope.Just grow your brows for a month or two and shapen it using the above tips.Am sure you can't go wrong!
Well..that's basically it!Amazing right?Ever since I discovered the white pencil trick,I no longer have to 'hope and pray' for perfectly shaped brows.All the steps are illustrated below in pictorials.

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by chochovie(f): 11:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hi saw your comment on my thread (chochovie)....tnx for the piece....so i decide to check your thread and i discoverd we both need help.....i knw m nt a pro buh i dnt post negative comment on people post...all i need is encouragement not correction.....i went through your profile...your lip linning and eyebrow need help too....tnx

1 Like

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 1:05am On Sep 06, 2015
chochovie:
Hi saw your comment on my thread (chochovie)....tnx for the piece....so i decide to check your thread and i discoverd we both need help.....i knw m nt a pro buh i dnt post negative comment on people post...all i need is encouragement not correction.....i went through your profile...your lip linning and eyebrow need help too....tnx
Very typical!If I had said you did everything alright,how would you improve?Am sorry,but u asked for comments.Next time I'll say you are even better than Banke Meshida Lawal..With an attitude like yours,I really wish you all the best in ur makeup career.Because a MUA ought to handle constructive criticisms well..Even clients will correct you despite you being the pro in the room!And I wonder why you sent me a PM?Sorry I commented on your thread.
Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by chochovie(f): 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
queenfav:
Very typical!If I had said you did everything alright,how would you improve?Am sorry,but u asked for comments.Next time I'll say you are even better than Banke Meshida Lawal..With an attitude like yours,I really wish you all the best in ur makeup career.Because a MUA ought to handle constructive criticisms well..Even clients will correct you despite you being the pro in the room!And I wonder why you sent me a PM?Sorry I commented on your thread.
Sorry dear...am not telling you m a pro....nobody is perfect if you dnt correct me..who wil?i really appreciate your comment ...m not trying to feel like am the boss here ...m really sorry for my comment on your thread ...hope m forgiven...plsssssss....
I posted some picture today pls check and correct me....u must comment oooo....am sorry

1 Like

Re: Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) by queenfav(f): 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Its alright.I understand a lot of people can't handle criticism,and am too blunt.So..my bad.Apology accepted but I choose not to comment on your thread..all the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market? / Would You Take Your Dog To A Spa Or Boutique? See Pictures From One. / Why Do Women Wear Padded Bras?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.