Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers (1872 Views)

Gotv Has Brided Us Not By Tstv. See What They Gave Their Customers Free. / Etisalat’s New Logo (9mobile) A Ripoff Of US Apparel Logo? / Why Airtel Borrow Me Credit Is A Ripoff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by chumakk: 9:39am On Jul 28, 2015
The old and new ways Etisalat ripoff their customers

I like Etisalat no doubt that's why I ported from MTN. I did because of their innovation brand marketing messages.

I have lost money through this services.

1. I buys data from clubkonnect. The problem is that when they send me data and I get a confirmation text. I will then on my cellular data but will be charged from my airtime account. This is surprising to me so I called the customer care line and they said no data was in my data account! But I got a confirmation text message? And behold, I checked my account and no data! How come? I called the clubkonnect and they don't pick their calls. They have a bad customer service. So after 10 calls and 6 text they resend the data again.

2. The above drama have been happening since i started buying data from clubkonnect. The painful part is that I can't disconnect my line from clubkonnect because it is only clubkonnect can and Etisalat said they can't. This is bad from Etisalat. Imagine if you can't unfriend that annoying stranger on facebook that spam your wall? Why can't Etisalat learn from simple programming? I have complained a lot but I lost N1000 on Sunday because of this fraud. I have asked them to send me code to cap my airtime so that my browsing cost don't run on my main account and they said it is not possible. And I said it is possible! If you can create codes for other services you can create a code this one.

3. Also I ask them to create a code for disconnecting my line from the shared data account like clubkonnect. I have repeatedly ask clubkonnect to remove me so I can buy from other persons and also from Etisalat because I can't opt in to other data service like their social me pack or so. Etisalat is profiting from this illegal and black market data services so I understand and am very disappointed at them for their "innovation" messages. How can a small clubkonnect be selling 1g for 900 and Etisalat is selling the same 1g for 2000. So where do clubkonnect buy from?

4. Another one is the automatic renewal of service. I bought 10mb for 100 as I wait for clubkonnect to send my data. The data got renewed the next day without asking me to confirm if I want it or not. They just deducted the money while I have got like 1000mb on my data account?! This is a bad programming. I have countless stories of this one. In total, I have close to 10,000 to this fraud. My iPhone has over 100 apps so I don't think of putting on my cellular data when I don't have data because any credit on main account will be gone in seconds.

Etisalat, stop stealing from me and listen to your customers. One of your customer care agent felt sorry for me and told me that it is not only me that's complaining of this ripoff services. Pls create code that caps airtime so I don't get changed from my airtime when I'm browsing. Make it optional. I can activate and deactivate. Create a code that can deactivate myself from clubkonnect and choose who I buy from as you guys don't want to sell as cheap as what is available in the market. Pls ask me before you do that deduction for the next renewal because I may not want it. I simply confirmation text will do. Like send Yes or No to 229 to continue to enjoy this service. Something like that.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by chumakk: 10:19am On Jul 28, 2015
Pls let me know if you experience this problem so I will know am not crazy
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by Baawaa(m): 10:57am On Jul 28, 2015
Not only Etisalat,it is all the GSM operators in Nigeria that were stealings from their customers one way or the other ways.We need to blame NCC for all the atrocities they commit

2 Likes

Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by Lagosianswag: 11:31am On Jul 28, 2015
Etisalat is a dubious network. I stopped recharging my etisalat line because of this. The moment I recharge #100 is deducted every 24 hours.
I never subscribed for any package. Infact I don't browse with the line except for making calls but I don't know what they automatically subscribed me to. MTN did same but after several calls put forward to their customer service agents I was finally unsubscribed from all promo service. But Etisalat don't care about your complaints. All they want is your money.
As far as this promo thing is concerned I only trust Glo for a bit. At least they give you options to unsubscribe (although they have a poorer internet service). But the others want you to call and call before they finally answer your request. Etisalat on the other hand don't care about your complaints. To them it's all about taking your money by any means necessary.
I blame NCC for all this. They are too greedy to attend to our needs. To them it's all about the money.
It's a sad state for the average Nigerian consumer.

1 Like

Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by sorextee(m): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2015
Did etisalat advertise club connect to you? undecided see wetin awoof dey cause... not all shared data/wallet are reliable....

1 Like

Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by chumakk: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
sorextee:
Did etisalat advertise club connect to you? undecided see wetin awoof dey cause... not all shared data/wallet are reliable....
you don't get the gist? If you have 1000 and see 1g for 900 and 1g for 2000. Which one will you buy? And why can't Etisalat sell 1g for the same amount. Why do Etisalat don't allow customers to disconnect themselves from a shared account?
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by sorextee(m): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
have u dialed *229*0# or rather, u can email ur number, or write it down here...

chumakk:
you don't get the gist? If you have 1000 and see 1g for 900 and 1g for 2000. Which one will you buy? And why can't Etisalat sell 1g for the same amount. Why do Etisalat don't allow customers to disconnect themselves from a shared account?
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by chumakk: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
sorextee:
have u dialed *229*0# or rather, u can email ur number, or write it down here...

yes, this is the code for ending the data subscription. Do you have the code for disconnecting your line from shared data account?
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by caboltx(m): 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
angry angry

Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by ByfireByfire: 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
OP, YOU ARE VERY VERY CORRECT. I'VE SUFFERED THE PRECISE SAME THINGS YOU DESCRIBED ON ETISALAT SME SHARE DATA AND IT IS A DELIBERATE FRAUD. AT A POINT I STILL HAD ABOVE 350MB DATA AND IT STOPPED BROWSING.

I CALLED CUSTOMER CARE AND THEY SAID WHAT THEY SEE ON THEIR COMPUTER IS 0 MB ZERO MB WHILE I STILL HAD ABOVE 350MB LOOKING AT ME WHEN I DIAL *229*9#. THEY ALWAYS DEDUCT MY AIRTIME WITH THE SME DATA FULLY AVAILABLE.

HONESTLY ETISALAT STINKS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by sorextee(m): 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Do u guys really know what shared data/wallet is? Let me summarize a bit... for Eg, I buy 20 gig worth of data today... i can sell (allocate)1gig to musa at 1k, allocate 2gig at 1500 to bayo.. it goes on and on like dat. In the real sense, na my data bundle una dey use.. the data u guys bought from me might not give u 30 days validity... assuming my data go expire on thu, and i sold data to Chinwe on wed, she only has 1 day to use it.. Mine and una own go close on thu. So wen u call Customer Care, it won't reflect on d system that u bought data....
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by atilla(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
From what I can see u have problems with club connect and the other guys. The issue doesn't lie with etisalat

I don't think any network provider has a data cap in Nigeria or abroad. If u use a samsung try using ur data settings on the phone to limit it.

Try and put pressure on the club connect guys phone email and visit their office.
Gdluck
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by sorextee(m): 10:34am On Jul 29, 2015
dial *229*9*0# to opt out

tell them to opt u out.. if they cant, make dem dial
*229*9*PIN*MSISDN*2# to remove u..
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by chumakk: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
atilla:
From what I can see u have problems with club connect and the other guys. The issue doesn't lie with etisalat

I don't think any network provider has a data cap in Nigeria or abroad. If u use a samsung try using ur data settings on the phone to limit it.

Try and put pressure on the club connect guys phone email and visit their office.
Gdluck
one problem I have with Etisalat is why they can't sell 1g for 900. My suggestions are simple and possible: I can dial code to unfriend my line from a shared plan. Also I can choose to cap my airtime from unnecessary charges.
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by chumakk: 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
sorextee:
dial *229*9*0# to opt out

tell them to opt u out.. if they cant, make dem dial
*229*9*PIN*MSISDN*2# to remove u..
thanks. How long will I call them? They don't answer calls.
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by chumakk: 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
sorextee:
Do u guys really know what shared data/wallet is? Let me summarize a bit... for Eg, I buy 20 gig worth of data today... i can sell (allocate)1gig to musa at 1k, allocate 2gig at 1500 to bayo.. it goes on and on like dat. In the real sense, na my data bundle una dey use.. the data u guys bought from me might not give u 30 days validity... assuming my data go expire on thu, and i sold data to Chinwe on wed, she only has 1 day to use it.. Mine and una own go close on thu. So wen u call Customer Care, it won't reflect on d system that u bought data....
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by atilla(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
chumakk:
one problem I have with Etisalat is why they can't sell 1g for 900. My suggestions are simple and possible: I can dial code to unfriend my line from a shared plan. Also I can choose to cap my airtime from unnecessary charges.

Okay even if you say its possible to cap your data, Why would they be encouraged to do that when thats how they make their money by people using and buying data.

do you know any other network that does it at the moment??
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by chumakk: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
atilla:

Okay even if you say its possible to cap your data, Why would they be encouraged to do that when thats how they make their money by people using and buying data.

do you know any other network that does it at the moment??
there's no person that will want to browse with their credit when they can buy data. Credit account is different from data account. They can create a code that allows you to deliberately browse with your airtime. You will not understand what I mean if you don't have a high consuming data phone like mine. My iPhone takes 1000 in less than 2 mins. I use 1g in three days. There's a over 100 apps on my phone
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by atilla(m): 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
chumakk:
there's no person that will want to browse with their credit when they can buy data. Credit account is different from data account. They can create a code that allows you to deliberately browse with your airtime. You will not understand what I mean if you don't have a high consuming data phone like mine. My iPhone takes 1000 in less than 2 mins. I use 1g in three days. There's a over 100 apps on my phone

Broda. I have a high data consuming phone also but I do what I need to do to keep my costs down. E.g when I want to go on utube I use swift or at the office. And also use data cap with my samsung decide.
If u use so much data why not go and buy a router with unlimited data Plan or download an app that will aler u once u are approaching ur data cap? That way u save ur self money. I'm trying to say u should Be proactive instead of blaming the network.
Re: The Old And New Ways Etisalat Ripoff Their Customers by sorextee(m): 12:11am On Aug 02, 2015
I bliv it must be d ifone 6 u re using... Mine too drains data like hell.. I had to convert it as a secondary fone...

chumakk:

(1) (Reply)

As E Dey HOT!!! Make Unlimited Calls On Your Mtn Sims / Reviews On Any Java-enabled Phone With 4000mah Cell. / Top Selling Mobile Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.