Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,577 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria (3028 Views)

Mushroom Cultivation Simplified / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting / Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by lanre2009: 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
I will like to ask the gurus in house if Onions cultivation will thrive well in the western part of Nigeria. I am looking at starting my vegetable farm very soon and would like any relevant information. Thanks
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by psucc(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
OP be honest. The truth is you are asking in event Nigeria break up.
Of course the a.bokis can have that as their export commodity.
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by MANGAM(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
Soil type, humidity and frequent rainfall are factors that wil greatly affect crops like carrots and onions cultivation down south
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by lanre2009: 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
You are very funny ooo....Nigeria will never break apart in Jesus name

psucc:

Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by lanre2009: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
MANGAM:
Soil type, humidity and frequent rainfall are factors that wil greatly affect crops like carrots and onions cultivation down south

I want to believe there could be a way to work around this factors you have mentioned. More contributions please
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by lanre2009: 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
You can learn a little bit about onion cultivation in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtsuYnn_0IQ
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by world1(m): 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
psucc:

Why did you think its exclusively for Abokis.
Alot of farmers are planting onion and carrot here in Ogun State.

1 Like

Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by world1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
MANGAM:
Boss we have all it takes just that we've not been doing it in large quantity, Same with cucumber until recently that the possibility was shown to everyone in the west.

1 Like

Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by MANGAM(m): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Wow!really good to knw
world1:

Boss we have all it takes just that we've not been doing it in large quantity, Same with cucumber until recently that the possibility was shown to everyone in the west.
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by lanre2009: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
world1:

Why did you think its exclusively for Abokis.
Alot of farmers are planting onion and carrot here in Ogun State.

@world1: Will you be kind enough to link me up with these farmers whenever i am ready?
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by world1(m): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
lanre2009:

@world1: Will you be kind enough to link me up with these farmers whenever i am ready?
Yes.
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by lanre2009: 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks Boss

world1:

Yes.
Re: Will Onions Cultivation Thrive Well In Western Part Of Nigeria by QUEENCHIGO: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
Yessoh...onions can thrive well here in the south, not only in the North that is when you have good knowledge on how to cultivate onions. Check out this blog post http://www.gricd.com.ng/2017/10/04/how-to-start-onions-farming-and-production-in-nigeria/ on how to cultivate onions from planting to harvesting and this post http://www.gricd.com.ng/2017/10/09/how-to-harvest-onions-and-prevent-spoilage-by-curing/ on how to harvest and cure your crops, they are very informative

(1) (Reply)

SALLAH SALES BONANZA On Mechanical Weeder:........10% off / How To Start Coconut Oil Production In Nigeria 1 / Dwarf Hybrid Banana And Plantain Suckers/plantlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.