Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Dej Loaf - #andthatsthething - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dej Loaf - #andthatsthething (980 Views)

Dej Loaf – Miami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dej Loaf - #andthatsthething by WPBandit(m): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen. Dej Loaf has released an album....Did anyone even know? Well, Dej Loaf has been pretty good with making hits and all, the most known hit is "Try me" where she sounds like a killer. Everyone knows it would be hard for her to release a whole body of work, cause quite frankly she's just not that good a rapper. Well I did you all a favor! I reviewed her album, and below is my findings.

1. Desire (3/5)

She starts off saying she don't want no help, and that shes ready for war! she's going against you! YOU! How cute is that? Anyway, in this track she is spitting what I would perceive as *straight bars* no punchlines, no riddles, just rapping. I think that's her strong suit. The song exhibits honesty, determination, and focus. Flow is typical from her, kinda off, but we expected that right? But I've come to stomach it. Good simple beat.

2. Been on My Grind (2/5)

Once again, her rapping kind of throws me off. what shes saying is respectable. Song sounds similar to Desire (lazingly enough). Kind of boring if you ask me overall. Do not download it.

3. Back Up (3.5/5)

VERY CATCHY! VERYYYYYYYYYY CATCHY! Her rapping is awful, but i can dig her confidence in the track. Big Sean adds that unique feel to the track....In other words, he adds that professional rapper sound to the song. Refreshing.

I love the beat! The chorus sounds nothing special, and Dej Loafs rapping is elementary at best.

4. Hey There (2.5/5)

Future and Dej Loaf.......My ears hurt! Ok it's not that bad, but it still sounds annoying. I like Dej Loaf when she is singing more than rapping. Shes singing more on this song. The chorus is ridiculously simple. Like ridiculously simple. all she's saying is hey there, hey there over and over again.

Future has a good verse. ANNNNNNND THAT's about IT!

5. We Winnin' (4/5)

Her best song by Far! great, complex chorus! Problem is this, her lyrics are awful on it. it's smooth, the beat is chillaxed, and she has the necessary swag on this song.

Conclusion:

I wish she wouldn't sound so rookie like! Doesn't Dej Loaf sound like every song was the first time she used a mic?

The album is listenable. The album has some good sounding beats. Does it live up to her features, or her earlier stuff? Not at all. Dej Loaf may be better suited for features (No offense!). I always thought Jim Jones was better as a feature, I always thought French Montana was better as a feature, what's wrong with Dej loaf being better as a feature? I think you should definitely give this EP a chance, but don't expect something to blow you away.

4.5/10

See more at my new site: http://www.theratingsgame.net/

(1) (Reply)

Download " ALAFIA" A Hit, Melodious And Inspirational Music By DIDI / MUSIC: Timbaland Feat T Pain X Md-hazz Say / Bez - Gbagyi Child Album Review.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.