Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT (20223 Views)

For Computer Science Students / Computer Science/programming Challenging Questions / If You Were Imprisoned In A Room For 3 Months, Had A Computer With Internet..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by VickyRotex(f): 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
Gaara101:

Thanks.
I'll look into IBM.

You are welcome. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by chigozie391(m): 7:43am On May 23, 2017
Gaara101:

Thanks.
I'll look into IBM.
Did u later get a place?
Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 30, 2017
chigozie391:

Did u later get a place?

I'm sorry for not responding earlier. I have about three months to go submission of letter commences. I was trying to do my home work before then

Tldr: not really.
Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by phrezzz: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
Sorry @VickyRotex if you don't mind me asking please. Please How where you able to get your SIWES done at Total? Did u take an Apt Test? That's like my dream to get to do my IT in any oil and gas related company... Pls!!!
Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by VickyRotex(f): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
phrezzz:
Sorry @VickyRotex if you don't mind me asking please. Please How where you able to get your SIWES done at Total? Did u take an Apt Test? That's like my dream to get to do my IT in any oil and gas related company... Pls!!!

Hi Phrezzz,
I applied to the one at Abuja. Their Corporate office.
I had an aptitude test, it wasnt all that difficult though. However, their means of shortlisting was quite high. Cos I could remember not less than 100 people wrote the exam, and in the end, they chose 8 or 10 of us. It was a very good experience. And if you can, try to get in.
Dont be discouraged, If you are around Abuja, try to visit there and submit your SIWES Letter, or an application letter in advance. So they can keep you in mind pending when they are taking people again. I believe they already took in Students for this period. Cos its usually March to August. But you should try and check it out.
Truth is, most contacts I knew there already left, and some are either outside the country or other places. Including my immediate boss. So there's no one I can reach out to ATM.

Try to go there, you can route back to me, to let me know sup. Then whatever it is, I can also try to contact one of my friend whom we had the SIWES together, maybe he has contact with anyone still there.

All the best!
Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by phrezzz: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

Hi Phrezzz,
I had an aptitude test, it wasnt all that difficult though. However, their means of shortlisting was quite high. Cos I could remember not less than 100 people wrote the exam, and in the end, they chose 8 or 10 of us. It was a very good experience. And if you can, try to get in.
Dont be discouraged, If you are around Abuja, try to visit there and submit your SIWES Letter, or an application letter in advance. So they can keep you in mind pending when they are taking people again. I believe they already took in Students for this period. Cos its usually March to August. But you should try and check it out.
Truth is, most contacts I knew there already left, and some are either outside the country or other places. Including my immediate boss. So there's no one I can reach out to ATM.

Try to go there, you can route back to me, to let me know sup. Then whatever it is, I can also try to contact one of my friend whom we had the SIWES together, maybe he has contact with anyone still there.

All the best!
aww you are too kind.. I'm entering 300Level by September and so my SIWES Is usually around 2nd semester ending.. I would start my preparations early. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by phrezzz: 9:15am On Aug 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

Hi Phrezzz,

All the best!
aww you are too kind.. I'm entering 300Level by September and so my SIWES I usually 2nd+semester ending.. I would start my preparations early. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by VickyRotex(f): 11:30am On Aug 01, 2017
phrezzz:
aww you are too kind.. I'm entering 300Level by September and so my SIWES I usually 2nd+semester ending.. I would start my preparations early. Thank you so much.

Okay great! It's a pleasure. All the best!
Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by TalabiAudu: 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
VickyRotex:

First, it's Computer Science Student or IT Student. You may want to edit your topic.

There are lots of company you can do your SIWES.

Few examples,
NIIT, HIIT, ACCENTURE, ORACLE, IBM, NCC, NNPC, TOTAL, CHAMS, any oil production/oil servicing company, Banks, (I had mine at Total, and worked with their CSR/IST Department, lots of things to learn there)

Just Google it dear, lots of underground IT Companies to do your SIWES, also depends on your location.

All the Best!!!

Hi. You mentioned places like Hiit where they ask students to pay..

I intend to know if its right for students to pay for siwes.

I'm interested in Hiit because of what they teach, but I just need your advice that doing it in a place like hiit where I go to learn, is it still industrial training?

Because all other company I know of, they pay you. But I just need your advice, most especially on hiit if you know one or two things about them..

Sorry for quoting you on this dead thread though. I was just making my research and I found this post.
Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by VickyRotex(f): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2018
TalabiAudu:

Hi. You mentioned places like Hiit where they ask students to pay..

I intend to know if its right for students to pay for siwes.

I'm interested in Hiit because of what they teach, but I just need your advice that doing it in a place like hiit where I go to learn, is it still industrial training?

Because all other company I know of, they pay you. But I just need your advice, most especially on hiit if you know one or two things about them..

Sorry for quoting you on this dead thread though. I was just making my research and I found this post.

Hi,
Apologies for the late response. I've been off for a while.

Have you been able to make a decision now?

HIIT is a good place to learn like you mentioned.

My advice: If you dont find a place where you'll be paid, I'd say go for it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers.
Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by dfrost: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2018
VickyRotex:

Apologies for the late response. I've been off for a while.
Cheers.

Where on earth have thou decided to hide? angry shocked embarassed Vickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT by VickyRotex(f): 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2018
dfrost:

Where on earth have thou decided to hide? angry shocked embarassed Vickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hahahahaha cheesy
Hi dfrost,
Been a while. Yes, I've been off NL for a while. Not intentional but I guess Life got alot busy and interesting smiley

Coupled with the fact that NL mobile app isnt as user friendly as before where you can just launch the app and it opens without Ads.

These days I have to launch NL from a browser, or deal with multiple Ads from the app which I'm not a fan of.
So this also keeps me away. embarassed

How's everything been with you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Says Nigerians/africans Cannot Be Creative And Build From Scratch / Is Studying Computer Science In A Public Nigeria University Worth It / Viewing And Creating Reports In Java - Share Ur Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.