Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? (1621 Views)

Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry / Different Types Of People You Meet In An Online Video Game / Outrageous Prices Of Game Consoles By Sellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? by nprime(m): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2015
If you had the money and resources to make it happen, what would you like to see and experience in a "made in Naija for Naija videogame"?

Please organize your responses as below:

Genre (fighting, adventure, RPG, sports, etc):
Story:
Gameplay summary:
Nigerian factor (what makes it "Nigerian"wink
Similar games:
Re: Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? by kodded(m): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
-Fps
-the fight against boko haram
-a fictional story of a young man who recently graduate from NDA and was posted to NE to fight boko haram, and finnally killing the antagonist of the story shekau and ending the deadly sect
smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? by sigmundfreud(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
Adventure...
Maybe adaptation of a forest of thousand demons.( waiting for someone to adapt this for a big screen)
On Ps4/Xbox/PC
The book is rich culturally.
Re: Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? by nprime(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Adventure...
Maybe adaptation of a forest of thousand demons.( waiting for someone to adapt this for a big screen)
On Ps4/Xbox/PC
The book is rich culturally.

I had never heard of that book till now. I just googled it. Apparently it's very rich in material, ideal for a "God of War" type game.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? by Ijambaforiti: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2015
@nprime try reading the original version written in Yoruba by D.O. Fagunwa. Here is a list of his works.

Ogboju Ode ninu Igbo Irunmale (The Forest of A Thousand Demons)
Igbo Olodumare (The Forest of God, 1949),
Ireke Onibudo (1949),
Irinkerindo Ninu Igbo Elegbeje (Expedition to the Mount of Thought, 1954),
Adiitu Olodumare.

Growing up, i always wondered what it will be like as an animated movie or series.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? by Kaycee7(m): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
First Idea
- First Person Shooter
- A company of Nigerian soldiers on peacekeeping mission. It can evolve into a series set in different countries with a different company. It should have subthemes treating issues lyk tribalism & corruption.
- Land battles mostly, with some air & sea action.
- The characters should be from different tribes.

Second Idea
- Action-Adventure, RPG
- In a fictional setting of pre-colonial Nigeria, a great evil threatens a country. (The evil could be a dark lord or mage, a group or a dark force). The country rises against it aided by the gods.
- Different classes of characters (Inland warriors, Riverine forest archers, Mountain giants, warlocks). Team-assisted combat. Story-affecting decisions.
- The story must contain elements of Nigerian culture.

Third Idea
- Open World Adventure
- A foray into the crime world of Nigeria. From tertiary cults to powerful syndicates.
- Two or more protagonists. Story-affecting decisions.
- Set in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian-made Video Game: What Kind Of Game Do You Want To Play? by LXStudio(m): 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
I'm a competitive guy, so competitive multiplayer games would be to my liking. But since Nigerians don't develop quality racing/fighting/FPS games, I will have to settle for the next best thing: https://www.facebook.com/godbattles

Full Disclosure: I developed that grin

(1) (Reply)

Ps4 Pro, 1TB, 2cds, All Cables For Sale / Ps4 Games For Sale / I've Been Playing Pes For Long But I Dont Really Have The Skills To Play It Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.