Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,422 members, 7,853,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper (1319 Views)

End-time Dog eating grass in Banana Island / Bizarre! Zoo Keeper Impregnates Female Orangutan Ape (photo) / Please Help A First Time Dog Owner! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by wunmi590(m): 11:52am On Jul 29, 2015
Most of the thing being listed below is based on the experience I got from Zara my beautiful dog.

1. Criticism/challenges: For a first timer be rest assured that when keeping a dog or a pet you would face a lot of critics and challenges keeping and making sure he or she is up to the standard of the kind of dog you saw in other dogs that makes you opt for your pet.

2. Constant Barking/Noise: When you just got your dog, just have it at the back of your mind that you would experience constant noise and barking from your new dog, "due to new environment". The best barker and disturber was zara when we just brought her home, every night she would back till morning.

3. Running Away From Cage: The first night zara spent with us was hell, she barked till we removed her from the cage before she stopped backing, don't panic, she's still shy but that does not mean you would continue removing her from the cage every time she barks.

4. Shyness: Your dog would always shy from people, even from you the owner, just know that, she trying to get used to the new environment.

5. Not Eating: Zara is a typical example, some petlanders can testify to this, I created a thread because of zara for not eating, she waste food every time. Please don't ignore your dog, he or she is trying to adapt to the new environment that's why.

6. Movement: When I bought zara then, she does not want to stay in one place, she just want to move around and see her new abode how beautiful or ugly it is, please let he or she move around, don't be too harsh on him or her.

7. Loose Of Teeth: At some time I was scared that zara's teeth are removing, but I got to know from expert in the house that, it's normal that when they start growing, they tends to change their puppyhood teeth to adulthood.

8. Loose Of Hair: At some time also they tend to shed their puppyhood hair and new ones comes, please it's nothing, they are becoming adult and the kind of dogs you want them to be.

Please always make enquiry from petlanders, whenever you need anything, they really helped me to to make zara what she was today, from 6weeks old to 5month plus.

Cc: Seun, fynestboi, prodeegee, kuzee, knyte, magpies, blasiangurl85, chucky234, trishaP, deeptesting and other gurus I failed to mention please pardon me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by Futureleader1(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by Prodeegee(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
Zara's looking lovely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by wunmi590(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Prodeegee:
Zara's looking lovely

Thanks oga mi sir, it's all because of some of your advice here on the forum

2 Likes

Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by chucky234(m): 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nice GSD you got there, keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by wunmi590(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
chucky234:
Nice GSD you got there, keep it up.

Thanks oga mi sir
Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by chucky234(m): 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
wunmi590:

Thanks oga mi sir
uwc
Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by knyte(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2015
Jumping, licking, anxiety separation, biting.. Most of these things your dog would outgrow if u teach her/him. For first time owners the road wld b tuff but u'll pull tru smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by benedictjohn(m): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2015
smiley
Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by wahabdisu: 1:27am On Oct 29, 2015
visit https://k9dogcare. to know more about dog care
Re: Some Things You Encounter As A First Time Dog Keeper by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2015
Nice dog or, continue with the good work

(1) (Reply)

The New Slant Back German Sherperd puppies coming in next Week From russia / Feelings Of Animals (pix Inside) / Dog Lion Mane For Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.