Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job (19155 Views)

A Call For Help - Dismissed EFCC Diploma Trainees / Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! / Should I Include Every Job I Hold On My CV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by MRBrownJ: 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
refreshrate:
All these people you mentioned i cant find a Nigerian in the list thats one

so because there is no Nigerians on that list of famous people who were dismissed or failed before they found success, we shouldnt learn from that?! LOL!!!!

No one in the list got dismissed for anything remotely as serious as what OP is talking about.

all accidents that result in death are serious, but they will remain exactly that: ACCIDENTS...

No stealing or fraud example or loss of life?

dismissal is they key word/issue here... and the next company may want to employ this man again, whether the former employer likes it or not.

Sorry o but the examples stated are for motivational books not this scenario

i am giving you examples of successful people that were fired in the past, clearly stated as FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

By the way Everybody Lies, but then everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. Why would you want to hang youself?

and every employers have the RIGHT to not want to employ a deceitful/lying person (with obviously the wrong character/traits) to their ranks, and instead employ someone who was fired due to an accident in the past. you may see it as a simple lie on a CV, but an employer might see it as a virus/disease to something they've painstakingly built for years. NO employer want this type of deceitful employees...but hey, keep looking at it as a "simple" lie.

Two cvs in front of you, one with the OPs story another without any such story in fact the other guy is changing jobs because he wants a more challenging role
sincerely, who would you choose?

i cant judge/dismiss a CV or person by simply one accident that happened in their past... i want the most qualified person for the position, one that will fit perfectly for it, and for the type of person we require in the company. this is the person who will get the job, nobody else! so yes, the fact that he had an "accident" in the past (which resulted in death) will have me question him about it and possibly contact his past employer, but certainly not automatically dismiss him before i have ALL the facts at hands. again, unfortunate accidents do happen all the time.
Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thank you all for your concern.
I'm really encouraged by your responses.
I'm so grateful
Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
imagodei:
Thank you all for your concern.
I'm really encouraged by your responses.
I'm so grateful

Just thank your God u don't have a lawsuit on ur hands. If it were in America, u would be thinking of lawyer fees now and not even getting another job.
I lost my job a while ago too so I know how it feels. For u to have associates under u means u might have gone far on the job and possess some reasonable years worth of experience. Removing this from ur cv would leave a huge gap which any employer would be worried about. Also if u leave the experience on there, I think employers are more likely to contact ur previous company if u are vying for an experienced level role than for an entry level role. So the prudent thing to do here might be to leave the experience but switch the name of the company for another company. Death is something any prospective employer would be scared about.‎
Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
refreshrate:

Babe no vex o
Abeg one question, if you were to get a maid and got to find out from the previous employer that the maid caused them their baby's life, you would still hire the maid because she packaged herself well and is confident along with all the reasons you stated?

Please get off my mention if you don't know how things work in serious companies. . You don't know people get sacked from Shell et al for reasons as simple as not adhering to a single safety rule or driving at a speed higher than the specified speed limit inside the company premises? Do these people remain jobless forever?

It's quite unfortunate op's case involved a loss of life.. breaking of rules is breaking of rules whether life is lost or not, it will get you sacked in any company. .

I don't think op was sacked because someone died but because he didn't follow laid down procedures like obtaining a work permit and adhering to the job rules....

I'm not saying op should receive a pat on the back but yes he can still get a job. . Accidents happen. ...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by arabianights: 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Please get off my mention if you don't know how things work in serious companies. . You don't know people get sacked from Shell et al for reasons as simple as not adhering to a single safety rule or driving at a speed higher than the specified speed limit inside the company premises? Do these people remain jobless forever?

It's quite unfortunate op's case involved a loss of life.. breaking of rules is breaking of rules whether life is lost or not, it will get you sacked in any company. .

I don't think op was sacked because someone died but because he didn't follow laid down procedures like obtaining a work permit and adhering to the job rules....

I'm not saying op should receive a pat on the back but yes he can still get a job. . Accidents happen. ...

This man has just made it his life's work to insult people.How can an individual be soooo rude?Please you should not have bothered responding,you are not the only one he is insulting.

He clearly is looking for a meaning to his life and is frustrated,we are not the cause.Lets just pray for him
Btw,that was a great advice you gave the op,i learnt a thing or 2 from it

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by Lexusgs430: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
imagodei:
Dear Nairalanders,

I will like seek your counsel on something.

I was recently dismissed from my company.

Some friends have advised that I delete everything about this company from my cv. If I follow their counsel, my cv will almost look bare.

Please advise me on what to do.

Best Regards.

Mods, please help me do the needful.

Why were you dismissed? If your new employer finds out you lied about your employment history, they could also dismiss you, for failure to disclose.
Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by gabbidonb(m): 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
Oo your situation is quite complicated since this is the only tangible experience u've got so far thus removing it will not do u any good; it's abt how best you can explain yourself convincingly to the next employer that matters; but u demonstrated sheer incompetence and lack of experience that lead to ur dismissal ; may God make it easy for u. Best of luck in the labour mkt or u can still start something on your own no matter how little . Never loose hope. Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 30, 2015
Bros, many people here are giving you bad advice.

Do not remove it, do not lie and do not call it anything other than what it is.

A friend of mine recently asked me about someone i worked with who was sacked for incompetence. Apparently, he had gone to the new company and told them that he resigned (or some lie). The most painful part was that this fellow had already started the new job and had forgotten about the lie he told at interview stage. Right now, the guy dey like probation and might lose his job (and now has 2 sets of bad references)

Moral of the story: gist gets around. They doon't even need to be conducting an official check to find out you lied. Two friends working in the different companies will be gisting and your secret will leak out.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by Nobody: 2:11am On Jul 30, 2015
I answered that in page 2.
Thanks

Lexusgs430:

Why were you dismissed? If your new employer finds out you lied about your employment history, they could also dismiss you, for failure to disclose.
Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by Lexusgs430: 5:31am On Jul 30, 2015
imagodei:
I answered that in page 2.
Thanks

Wow. The basis of dismissal is based on very serious ground, which due to a fault of someone else(but under your watch), lead to the death of colleague.
I think it's best you are honest, and explain yourself and even go for further training if required.
Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by refreshrate: 7:43am On Jul 30, 2015
MarvellousGod:

You kick me off your mention, then begin to explain without addressing what I asked.

What am I to make of this?

You know what? Indulge yourself sincerely it's not worth it.

Have a nice day of you can.
Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by dearestaramide: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2015
refreshrate:

Thanks for your observation on my status

However stick to what the OP asked if not stop hating on the one punching holes in your lame theories. Its not by force to try and sound like you know what youre saying oga

Most often than not, I prefer to just read posts and learn,rarely do i log on but i just had to because of you.

You are by far one of the most impolite people i have ever come across.Your attidute suprises me.How and why will you just wake up and start insulting people.
JUST READ WHAT YOU WROTE TO "ARABIANIGHTS" PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE HOW DID HE/SHE INSULT YOUR PARENTS
I went as far as reading your past posts and realised that its just you.you enjoy the cheap popularity and i feel you are a sadist.

You need to calm down and respect your self.You are showing everyone here what you are and i doubt if you are any better in person.
I really am sorry for you as well as disgusted at your attitude.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by dearestaramide: 11:19am On Jul 30, 2015
refreshrate:

Are you sure you read the entire conversation?

Please don't come here trying to sound all moral with me. if to you mentioning your parents in a senseless post is suitable for you. Fine.

Me I won't take it.

The ape said something, I countered his argument and he couldn't defend himself next thing he's bringing in my parents.

Under no justification whatsoever did he have to do that be moral and pretend to be civil all you want. call me the devil if it gives you a stronger erection for all I care just don't fvcking mention my parents for trash.

For what?

I say it again if he has no regards for his parents that's bloody fine. Don't bring mine into it.

I went through the whole conversation and i didnt see where he insulted your parents like you openly did.

In my own opinion,he didnt bring your parents in because he could not counter your defence,you were plainly aggressive and rude ,how then can any one have a meaningful conversation or even bother to explain his/herself further with your kind.Just because you did not understand his point or faulted it did not warrant your uneccessary attacks and insults.You could simply have asked him to explain.Your not understanding does not mean others did not understand.Am sure you must have had situations where people didnt understand a point you were making and u had to explain further,right?

I also read how you went on to attack others,hence my response.MY DEAR,IT IS CLEAR TO ANYONE WHO IS FAIR AND CAN READ THAT YOU WERE THE ONE THAT INSULTED HIS PARENTS INFACT YOU STARTED THIS WHOLE ISSUE.

You clearly dont see anything wrong with your attitude, thats fine!!! .YOU WILL LEARN THE HARD WAY

1 Like

Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by arabianights: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2015
refreshrate:

If you don't troll every single post I have on NL and comment may lightening strike you.

Don't go and look for people to buy sutana abi what do they call that thing you were advertising?

Coming here to give advice based on imagination to someone in the corporate world meanwhile na idumota standard you be.

fvcktard

POWERFUL WORDS,THATS GOOD.SEE WHY I LOVE TRAILING YOU?
JUST NEVER DISAPPOINT ME.

KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP!!!!!!
Re: How Can I Package My Cv After Been Dismissed From A Job by scachy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
refreshrate:

You never hear of reference letter before abi?
Tell them your story, they send mail to the company they get a different story from them

Guess what happens next?

Guy delete that part of your life like it never existed.

Deletion is d ultimate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TATA Africa Services Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Domestic Helper Who Cleans & Runs Errands. Sango Ota. 50k/month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.