Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,546 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder (1337 Views)

Weak Erection: What My Uncle Told Me / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. / Policeman Suffering From Epilepsy Slumps From His Bike In Yaba, Lagos.See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by ndubuisiw(m): 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
Plz I need advice on what to do
My girl just told me that she is suffering from bipolar disorder,she is on medication ABILIFY which cost 600k for a year dosage
Iam more concerned to know how bipolar patients behave during pregnancy
Close friends and family members are telling me to quit the relationship which I Dnt want to
Plz what's app or Txt 08063531327 if you have any workable advice or personally experience
Thanks
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by coldspot: 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by Nastydude(m): 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Space booked incase this makes fp.
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by ndubuisiw(m): 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
@ coldsport she was diagonise in US
Her father is the one footing d bill for now
If not properly treated can lead to full blown madness
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by yomi007k(m): 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Space booked as well grin
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by coldspot: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by tforever(m): 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
ndubuisiw:
Plz I need advice on what to do
My girl just told me that she is suffering from bipolar disorder,she is on medication ABILIFY which cost 600k for a year dosage
Iam more concerned to know how bipolar patients behave during pregnancy
Close friends and family members are telling me to quit the relationship which I Dnt want to
Plz what's app or Txt 08063531327 if you have any workable advice or personally experience
Thanks
Lifestyle changes are a great way to help with bipolar disorder. Here are a few adjustments you can make to reduce stress and help stabilize swings.
Stay active. Physical activity and exercise release chemicals in the brain that make you feel better. Your goal should be to get at least 10,000 steps a day. No excuses. If you don’t like walking, that’s okay, just as long as you’re staying active another way.
Eat right. Some bipolar medications cause weight gain, so eating a low-calorie, low-fat diet will help keep the pounds off. Try to add more fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. And don’t forget to avoid those evil five food felons.
Sleep tight. Lack of sleep is a symptom of bipolar disorder, but you need more sleep to offset mood swings and keep stress in check. The more rest your brain and body get, the more equipped you are to control mood swings. Shoot for six to eight hours a night.
Don’t drink. You can’t control your mood if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. They not only change your mood but alter your behavior. You may end up with more frequent and severe mood swings than you can handle.
Reduce stress. Try stress-reducing activities like yoga, massages, deep breathing, even acupuncture.
Get support. Surround yourself with people who love and support you in a positive way.
Talk to your doctor or psychiatrist about other lifestyle changes you can make to control your bipolar symptoms.
Less
Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Muffy Walker - San Diego, CA - Mental Health Nursing Follow
Muffy Walker, Mental Health Nursing, answered on behalf of International Bipolar Foundation
There are several modalities that you can incorporate into your daily lifestyle to help with your bipolar symptoms. Diet, exercise,…
Helpful?

Bipolar Disorder Causes & Risk Factors Bipolar Disorder Diagnosis Bipolar Disorder In Children & Teens Bipolar Disorder Symptoms Bipolar Disorder Treatment
Questions

QWhat are some reasons I might feel guilt when I have a bipolar partner? QHow does bipolar disorder affect my quality of life? QHow do I manage bipolar disorder and type 1 diabetes at the same time? QHow should I track my sleep patterns if I have bipolar disorder? QDo I have to change my habits because of my bipolar disorder? QHow can I find a bipolar disorder support group? See All Living With Bipolar Disorder Questions
Articles

A Delicate Balance: The Challenges of Pregnancy with Bipolar Disorder Why It’s So Difficult to Diagnose Bipolar Disorder See All Related Articles
BRO 600K IS A LOT OO HOW DOES SHE MANAGE THAT.
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by ndubuisiw(m): 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
Am really appreciating all suggestions
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by tuto: 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
this is a manic deppression illlness.she must be having unusual shifts in mode and energy level. i can give you a psychological solution but is the girl in lagos?

1 Like

Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by ndubuisiw(m): 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
yes she is in lagos
also read its genetic
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by ndubuisiw(m): 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
ndubuisiw:
yes she is in lagos
also read its genetic
Re: Plz Help My Fiance Just Told Me She Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder by tuto: 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
my brother,you better start what i told you to do,get a psychologist before it becomes a severe case

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Its 14 Months Now Doctors Help !! / Vigrx Plus For Improved Sexual Life / Medical Question & Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.