Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA (33721 Views)

Okere-urhobo Festival Of Unity, Warri 2017. / Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos / Prince Uchechukwu NNAM-Obi At The Nchaka Festival Of Omoku, Rivers State Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by otiigba1(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
They did not invite me? Iwe na ewe mu kitaa! angry
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
scholes0:

are the head beads igbos use similar to the type depicted in the picture of the girls on page 1?
Some Yoruba Subgroups like the Ondos in the pictures below use them, but it is as a result of Bini influence, so I am wondering if the same can be said of some Igbo groups.
The head beads in the picture are different from the Edo Okuku head bead.
We can say Igbo groups formed their own style of wearing beads on the head. Other groups with the beaded head accessories are the Okrika-Ijaw people.
You just have to have it at the back of your mind that people in South South and South East have similar culture. So having beads on the head is not a big deal nor is it out of place.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
sukkot:
that I am grin

i hope you exhibit the same passion against your igbo brethren when they are slandering yoruba 24 7 on naialand. funny enough i have never once seen a post by you admonishing tribalistic igbos. hypocrite lipsrsealed
Move your foolishness over to the Sectarian page. Every sensible being knows that there is time for everything. Ranting trash about a group of people is uncalled for on this thread and topic.
At the end of the day, you post verifies the fact that your resentment of igbos is deep.

1 Like

Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by busyflexz(m): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
I see people exposing there unclothedness, is that wat u guys call culture?
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Nastydude(m): 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
busyflexz:

Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 11:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Move your foolishness over to the Sectarian page. Every sensible being knows that there is time for everything. Ranting trash about a group of people is uncalled for on this thread and topic.
At the end of the day, you post verifies the fact that your resentment of igbos is deep.
i got no problem with igbos. igbos the one who got a problem with me. they mad because we align with hausa. why should you be mad at me because of who i choose to align with ? last i checked we all have freedom right ? you the ones mad at me, i am simply reciprocating the hate you have for me and it is a righteous thing to do.

2 thesalonians 1 vs 6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; NDIGBO TROUBLE ME EVERYTIME I COME TO NAIRALAND AND READ ABUSES ON MY TRIBE 24 7. IT IS ANNOYING. LEAVE YORUBA ALONE. WE AINT DID NOTHING TO YOU. STOP HARRASSING US WITH YOUR BITTER WORDS. PASS THIS MESSAGE ALONG TO YOUR FELLOW TRIBESMEN cry
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Masterclass32: 5:14am On Jul 31, 2015
otiigba1:
They did not invite me? Iwe na ewe mu kitaa! angry

Biko wetuo obi.

Iwe gi adina oku.
I ga-alacha ose oji? Ka aga m emetere gi bournvita? smiley

Nice event though
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 8:19am On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
i got no problem with igbos. igbos the one who got a problem with me. they mad because we align with hausa. why should you be mad at me because of who i choose to align with ? last i checked we all have freedom right ? you the ones mad at me, i am simply reciprocating the hate you have for me and it is a righteous thing to do.

2 thesalonians 1 vs 6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; NDIGBO TROUBLE ME EVERYTIME I COME TO NAIRALAND AND READ ABUSES ON MY TRIBE 24 7. IT IS ANNOYING. LEAVE YORUBA ALONE. WE AINT DID NOTHING TO YOU. STOP HARRASSING US WITH YOUR BITTER WORDS. PASS THIS MESSAGE ALONG TO YOUR FELLOW TRIBESMEN cry
^^^^^How is this trash relevant on this page? Why not move it over to a politics thread where your sentiments will be addressed?
It's a pity though.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 8:25am On Jul 31, 2015
busyflexz:
What is unclothedness?? All Africans wore little clothings before islamic and european influence. I can show you where you will see naked Nigerians of all ethnic group. I don't even understand how this lovely cultural page is bringing out negativity from non igbos.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

^^^^^How is this trash relevant on this page? Why not move it over to a politics thread where your sentiments will be addressed?
It's a pity though.
this is ndigbo page aint it ? where else will i reciprocate ? in an hausa thread ? cheesy
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 9:36am On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
this is ndigbo page aint it ? where else will i reciprocate ? in an hausa thread ? cheesy
Reprocicate by talking straight to whoever made fun of you!! Be a man,if you are one at all. Personally,am mature enough to know that there are things that shouldn't be done on a cultural appreciation thread.
But your rants have no break and it's all over the place...if your primary concern is to only attack people then you have no business on this platform.

1 Like

Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Reprocicate by talking straight to whoever made fun of you!! Be a man,if you are one at all. Personally,am mature enough to know that there are things that shouldn't be done on a cultural appreciation thread.
But your rants have no break and it's all over the place...if your primary concern is to only attack people then you have no business on this platform.
like my nigga dre said, ' you fork with me now its a must that I fork with you '. you will have a more effective solution by telling your brothers to stop forking with us. all the cool niggas who were non-tribalists who I started this forum with have all turned to tribalists. why ? because ndigbo discovered this site and infested it with anti-yoruba rants. even yuzedo and mrcork have turned to tribalists thanks to the biafrans on this site. even my man rilwayne001 has turned to a tribalist. your people is ( are ) turning everyone on nairaland into anti-igbo tribalists. you abuse every other tribe all day and you expect people not to come abuse you ? what are ya in fairytale land ? who cares if it is a culture thread ? its about igbos and we will bring that fire to you that you have been bringing to everyone on nairaland. we dont care if it is a property thread, so long as it is igbo selling property on it, we will be there to bring that reciprocated heat lmao undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
like my nigga dre said, ' you fork with me now its a must that I fork with you '. you will have a more effective solution by telling your brothers to stop forking with us. all the cool niggas who were non-tribalists who I started this forum with have all turned to tribalists. why ? because ndigbo discovered this site and infested it with anti-yoruba rants. even yuzedo and mrcork have turned to tribalists thanks to the biafrans on this site. even my man rilwayne001 has turned to a tribalist. your people is ( are ) turning everyone on nairaland into anti-igbo tribalists. you abuse every other tribe all day and you expect people not to come abuse you ? what are ya in fairytale land ? who cares if it is a culture thread ? its about igbos and we will bring that fire to you that you have been bringing to everyone on nairaland. we dont care if it is a property thread, so long as it is igbo selling property on it, we will be there to bring that reciprocated heat lmao undecided
First of all,i can't take your rants serious cos this is not a tribal thread for you to display your hatred about Igbos. This thread was purely created to display the richness of igbo culture and how diasporal igbos are upholding Igbo culture in the diaspora.
Secondly,you rant like a woman. What stops you from going head to head with the socalled igbo tribalist,but you choose to bring attention to yourself by ranting where people are trying to have a decent conversation. In the same vein,your attitude on nairaland is very childish. I refuse to be anti yoruba because of people like you that go into every thread with the sole intention of abusing igbo people. You are just a Chicken livered tribalist. Take it or leave it! I expect you to go and attack the yuzedo and the rest! But you can't stand the heat! What a pity!

1 Like

Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

First of all,i can't take your rants serious cos this is not a tribal thread for you to display your hatred about Igbos. This thread was purely created to display the richness of igbo culture and how diasporal igbos are upholding Igbo culture in the diaspora.
Secondly,you rant like a woman. What stops you from going head to head with the socalled igbo tribalist,but you choose to bring attention to yourself by ranting where people are trying to have a decent conversation.
* sigh * just tell your brothers and sisters to leave yoruba alone and stop insulting us everyday, and we will all return to the table of brotherhood and share palmwine and ofe akpu wink
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
* sigh * just tell your brothers and sisters to leave yoruba alone and stop insulting us everyday, and we will all return to the table of brotherhood and share palmwine and ofe akpu wink
I believe you are a child! Nobody hates any entire group of people cos of a few people on nairaland!
I will not sit on every Yoruba thread and attack yorubas because of you. It's uncivillized!

Even going as far as creating an account to spew tribalistic rubbish is the height of it. Go and attack the tribalist squarely and save us the misfortune of going through your intentional tribalistic comments on every nairaland post.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Secondly,you rant like a woman. What stops you from going head to head with the socalled igbo tribalist,but you choose to bring attention to yourself by ranting where people are trying to have a decent conversation. In the same vein,your attitude on nairaland is very childish. I refuse to be anti yoruba because of people like you that go into every thread with the sole intention of abusing igbo people. You are just a Chicken livered tribalist. Take it or leave it! I expect you to go and attack the yuzedo and the rest! But you can't stand the heat! What a pity!
i will tell you what i will do. lets make a deal. i will turn a blind eye to all insults but i will quote the insult and then add your name so you can see for yourself. maybe you can chastise them yourself wink
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I believe you are a child! Nobody hates any entire group of people cos of a few people on nairaland!
I will not sit on every Yoruba thread and attack yorubas because of you. It's uncivillized!

Even going as far as creating an account to spew tribalistic rubbish is the height of it. Go and attack the tribalist squarely and save us the misfortune of going through your intentional tribalistic comments on every nairaland post.
ahh but you are very wrong. i do not hate black people. what i am doing is called tough love. like how you have to scold a child who misbehaves all the time ? yeah thats what i do. i dont hate black people. i am pro-black. everybody know that
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
i will tell you what i will do. lets make a deal. i will turn a blind eye to all insults but i will quote the insult and then add your name so you can see for yourself. maybe you can chastise them yourself wink
I will go through all comments before doing anything. Just like you came into this thread by insulting igbos who are only apperciating their culture;you don't expect me to chastise any body that replies your comment with insults? It takes two to tangle. It takes a matured mind to overlook tribal comments on nairaland. Otherwise everybody will behave like you.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I will go through all comments before doing anything. Just like you came into this thread by insulting igbos who are only apperciating their culture;you don't expect me to chastise any body that replies your comment with insults? It takes two to tangle. It takes a matured mind to overlook tribal comments on nairaland. Otherwise everybody will behave like you.
oh no i am talking about comments that are unprovoked. just some angry ndigbo guy mad because he thinks yoruba betrayed ojukwu a gazillion years ago. its many of them here. trust me lmao grin
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
ahh but you are very wrong. i do not hate black people. what i am doing is called tough love. like how you have to scold a child who misbehaves all the time ? yeah thats what i do. i dont hate black people. i am pro-black. everybody know that
I didn't mention black people and i don't care whether you are pro black or not. Am saying you should be civil when you come across threads that are not yoruba threads. The single obsession of attacking Igbos right and front is getting out of hand for a youth like you. Are there not better educative issues to focus on?
For example,you could ask about the role of those men carrying cutlasses.
Attacking people up and down is old.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
oh no i am talking about comments that are unprovoked. just some angry ndigbo guy mad because he thinks yoruba betrayed ojukwu a gazillion years ago. its many of them here. trust me lmao grin
Ojukwu and Awolowo belong to a different thread,right? If you come across those comments then face it without pouring your frustrations on an unrelated thread. Face the Ojukwu guy and tell him why you feel otherwise. That's how an adult handle issues.
What's Ojukwu doing on this thread in the first place? You see your life
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I didn't mention black people and i don't care whether you are pro black or not. Am saying you should be civil when you come across threads that are not yoruba threads. The single obsession of attacking Igbos right and front is getting out of hand for a youth like you. Are there not better educative issues to focus on?
For example,you could ask about the role of those men carrying cutlasses.
Attacking people up and down is old.
really ? 3 grown assss hairry chest men wearing loin cloth and carrying cutlass in a civilized country ? what role can there be for that ? if in rome act like the romans. if anyone is so attached to their traditions they need to return to their village. and i say this across the board, i will say it to yoruba and hausa too. if you cant abandon your archaic traditions when you travel, then you probably should not travel and should remain in your village. but this is just my own personal opinion. its nothing personal. ya dig ?
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Ojukwu and Awolowo belong to a different thread,right? If you come across those comments then face it without pouring your frustrations on an unrelated thread. Face the Ojukwu guy and tell him why you feel otherwise. That's how an adult handle issues.
What's Ojukwu doing on this thread in the first place? You see your life
but these ndigbo guys come to yoruba threads too na. oh i get it, they can come to yoruba threads to insult but we cannot go to igbo threads to insult ? ok i see where you are coming from lol
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
but these ndigbo guys come to yoruba threads too na. oh i get it, they can come to yoruba threads to insult but we cannot go to igbo threads to insult ? ok i see where you are coming from lol
No point dragging this issue with a self acclaimed tribalist like you,snice you do not understand my point! What is Ojukwu's issue on this thread? That is my question. If you are disturbed by those comments then actively look for where such topics are discussed.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

No point dragging this issue with a self acclaimed tribalist like you,snice you do not understand my point! What is Ojukwu's issue on this thread? That is my question. If you are disturbed by those comments then actively look for where such topics are discussed.
those same ndigbo guys are drawn to ndigbo threads.and this is an ndigbo thread. so chances are they will see what i wrote. its just that simple. thats why this thread will be a place to put repercussions
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
really ? 3 grown assss hairry chest men wearing loin cloth and carrying cutlass in a civilized country ? what role can there be for that ? if in rome act like the romans. if anyone is so attached to their traditions they need to return to their village. and i say this across the board, i will say it to yoruba and hausa too. if you cant abandon your archaic traditions when you travel, then you probably should not travel and should remain in your village. but this is just my own personal opinion. its nothing personal. ya dig ?
It's a big pity. For an African to make such condescending remarks about African culture. Your problem is not only tribalist but ignorance of who Africans are. So the Yoruba people displaying their tradition in diaspora are archaic and uncivilized?
Do you know that Yorubas travel to South America to learn about yoruba culture untinted by colonializm? Are you aware the African culture is in high demand in diaspora. African ancestors must be weeping over ignorant foo-lish souls like you.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

It's a big pity. For an African to make such condescending remarks about African culture. Your problem is not only tribalist but ignorance of who Africans are. So the Yoruba people displaying their tradition in diaspora are archaic and uncivilized?
Do you know that Yorubas travel to South America to learn about yoruba culture untinted by colonializm? Are you aware the African culture is in high demand in diaspora. African ancestors must be weeping over ignorant foo-lish souls like you.
i dont care about culture or tradition or all that nonsense. i dont practice any culture from my tribe. i am a human being and i live as one and dictate my own life and do what i want not based on culture or tradition but based on the bible laws ( dont kill cheat steal etc etc ). i dont observe any useless african cultures, or any other man-made cultures. i am a free spirit not attached to jingoism. but thats just who i am. its nothing against you if you want to run around in loin cloths with cutlasses and carrying 3 skulls on your head grin

however i must admit i love yoruba food. so thats where my culture starts and ends. with yoruba food
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
those same ndigbo guys are drawn to ndigbo threads.and this is an ndigbo thread. so chances are they will see what i wrote. its just that simple. thats why this thread will be a place to put repercussions
And after seeing it what happens? You are not placing any repercussions you are only making a fool of yourself by venting your frustrations everywhere. Like i said before,you are a chicken for you to turn into a tribalist because of a mere group of people on nairaland. There are numerous yoruba threads on culture thread and i haven't seen a single igbo person constantly trying to pull down yorubas. We don't have such time.
Go to the politics section if you need to whine about igbos.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

And after seeing it what happens? You are not placing any repercussions you are only making a fool of yourself by venting your frustrations everywhere. Like i said before,you are a chicken for you to turn into a tribalist because of a mere group of people on nairaland. There are numerous yoruba threads on culture thread and i haven't seen a single igbo person constantly trying to pull down yorubas. We don't have such time.
Go to the politics section if you need to whine about igbos.
a mere group of people ? try like 500 nidigbos. thats not a group. thats the population of some ndigbo villages. oh and i am only in this thread because it made frontpage. i dont come to culture section. any topic that hits frontpage is where am at regardles of section
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
i dont care about culture or tradition or all that nonsense. i dont practice any culture from my tribe. i am a human being and i live as one and dictate my own life and do what i want not based on culture or tradition but based on the bible laws ( dont kill cheat steal etc etc ). i dont observe any useless african cultures, or any other man-made cultures. i am a free spirit not attached to jingoism. but thats just who i am. its nothing against you if you want to run around in loin cloths with cutlasses and carrying 3 skulls on your head grin

however i must admit i love yoruba food. so thats where my culture starts and ends. with yoruba food
There is nothing bad about loins cloth if that is what is making you grin like an idio-t. This is a covering worn in Africa and Asia. Considering the weather in both continents,this cloth is more or less comfortable.
^No society exists without a culture. The food you eat is a culture,the coat and jacket you wear is a culture. The Yoruba you call yourself is a cultural group. The internet and phone you use is Western civilization and culture. That house you live in is a culture on its own. The language and alphabet you use in typing out your rubbish is a culture,a borrowed one at that. No man exist without a culture.
I will take it that you are just childish and Ignorant.
No point mentioning me again! You are no free being,at least you are confined to the dictates of the Nigerian republic.

1 Like

Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

There is nothing bad about loins cloth if that is what is making you grin like an idio-t. This is a covering worn in Africa and Asia. Considering the weather in both continents,this cloth is more or less comfortable.
^No society exists without a culture. The food you eat is a culture,the coat and jacket you wear is a culture. The Yoruba you call yourself is a cultural group. The internet and phone you use is Western civilization and culture. That house you live in is a culture on its own.
I will take it that you are just childish and Ignorant.
No point mentioning me again! You are no free being,at least you are confined to the dictates of the Nigerian republic.
i am a free spirit. and technology is not culture. its just that, technology. culture is paying dowry to marry or running around with cutlasses and skulls or in the case of yorubas, eyo festival and prostrating on the floor to greet people etc wink
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by otiigba1(m): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
Masterclass32:

Biko wetuo obi.

Iwe gi adina oku.
I ga-alacha ose oji? Ka aga m emetere gi bournvita? smiley

Nice event though
yes o! Nwa nnem! Ewe tuo na mu obi grin grin bournvita ga dikwa mu mma tongue, daalu rie nne grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara / Ibrahim Dasuki Is Dead / High Chief, Fatai Olumegbon Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.