Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Please I Need Help In Writing A Cap Table And Vesting Agreement. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Please I Need Help In Writing A Cap Table And Vesting Agreement. (460 Views)

Make Atleast #50k Monthly Producing And Selling Tasty Popcorn With Just #50k Cap / Ogun Signs Agreement For Africa’s Second Largest Refinery / Step-by-step Procedure To Provide Help In MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help In Writing A Cap Table And Vesting Agreement. by pjosh1(m): 12:19am On Jul 31, 2015
I am asking a investor to invest in my startup idea but he asked for a vesting agreement and cap table. I have researched online but still couldn't find a suitable answer to what i need. Can someone please give me an example of how it will look like. Thanks in advance.
Re: Please I Need Help In Writing A Cap Table And Vesting Agreement. by MrMcJay(m): 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
A Vesting agreement (usually a clause in investment documents) is used to indicate when the investor gets full ownership and control over his purchased shares. Before he gets this, there is a Cliff Period which he must surpass to get fully vested of his shares.

The Cap table is a Company Capitalisation Table. It shows who owns what stake in the company. It reflects the share ownership as well as the option poll.

I advise that you get a solicitor to prepare these documents for you as it is a pretty technical process that requires surgical precision.

If you decide to draft them yourself, you may not know the clauses to insert to protect yourself from future litigation when your startup blossoms.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Great Self Employment Opportunity! / The Insider's Secrets Behind A One Time Investment Of #4,200! / Soluttion To The Nigerian Unemployment (chrismarketnaija)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.