Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Are African Migrants Risking Life And Limb Crossing From France To UK??? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are African Migrants Risking Life And Limb Crossing From France To UK??? (830 Views)

African Migrants Sold In Libya ‘slave Markets’, Says IOM - BBC / The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / How People Are Risking Their Lives In Oshodi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are African Migrants Risking Life And Limb Crossing From France To UK??? by danberg: 12:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Hi folks,

I saw this stuff on TV (Al Jazeera and BBC) about thousands of migrants from Africa and the Middle East risking their lives cutting through rows od high security barbed wire fences to hitch rides on trains to the UK via Calais. I have not been to France before but I was thinking France with all its beautiful spots including its world-famous capital, Paris, would be the real deal?? Can Nlers in diaspora enlighten us as to why these folks are risking life and limb to cross the channel to England even when they are already in a developed country (France)?

Awaiting your contributions

Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are African Migrants Risking Life And Limb Crossing From France To UK??? by ayowonder(m): 1:47am On Jul 31, 2015
they are from morocco not france
Re: Why Are African Migrants Risking Life And Limb Crossing From France To UK??? by ManTiger(m): 2:14am On Jul 31, 2015
They are from Egypt, Libya, Morocco.

It will interest you to know that these people has a crazy mentality of Europe than the West Africans! Probably they are closer though.
Re: Why Are African Migrants Risking Life And Limb Crossing From France To UK??? by danberg: 9:34am On Jul 31, 2015
ayowonder:
they are from morocco not france

Yeah, post doesn't say they were from France does it?
Re: Why Are African Migrants Risking Life And Limb Crossing From France To UK??? by danberg: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2015
ManTiger:
They are from Egypt, Libya, Morocco.

It will interest you to know that these people has a crazy mentality of Europe than the West Africans! Probably they are closer though.

grin With good reason too. The aftermath of the sl called 'Arab Spring' in these countries have left them mostly improverished and quite hopeless.
Re: Why Are African Migrants Risking Life And Limb Crossing From France To UK??? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 31, 2015
danberg:
Hi folks,

I saw this stuff on TV (Al Jazeera and BBC) about thousands of migrants from Africa and the Middle East risking their lives cutting through rows od high security barbed wire fences to hitch rides on trains to the UK via Calais. I have not been to France before but I was thinking France with all its beautiful spots including its world-famous capital, Paris, would be the real deal?? Can Nlers in diaspora enlighten us as to why these folks are risking life and limb to cross the channel to England even when they are already in a developed country (France)?

Awaiting your contributions

Thanks!

Lols been on for a long time and its been on the news for some months now.I think because of the language barrier so it favors those who can speak and they have strict rules.heard britian pays more when it comes to salaries and jobwise too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oshodi To Ireland / Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining - TheNews.ng / Cheap Cargo Freight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.