Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? (2060 Views)

Why Everyone Wants Chelsea Relegated? / John Obi Mikel Agrees Chelsea Exit / Funny Chelsea Exit Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by rikkyjen(m): 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2006
OK, Yes, Its Finally happened , there are reports emanating from the tabloids that obi wants a Loan request.

It seems the boy is not satisfied with his Sub Appearances. Who is he trying to displace in the First team.

I still feel the boy ought to have gone to united!! sad.

Wat do Y'all feel??

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/soccerstar/2006/sept/27/soccerstar-27-09-2006-001.htm
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by kitaun(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2006
Have you heard the song "E don happen" cool grin
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Olumide7(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2006
Did you read the article well? It's a rumour.
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by strongest(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2006
busy bodi una don come JOM will play is chelsae for long the special one will never loan a good player out. Wait for JOM to ripe> The Sun is not authoritative
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by toptho(f): 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2006
he gets his start after all.levski sofia here comes mikel
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2006
Well, he's starting their champions league match today. grin
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by donjazzie(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2006
that guy needs mo prayers if this is anything to go by
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Oracle(m): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2006
Well the coach said he stays, so he stays

Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Akolawole(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2006
@Rikkyjen

I was suprised you can ever believe sun( Orji kalu's one). grin

Ask Jackal the truth story of Mikel.

I am not sure whether you are watching Chelsea's match today. If you dont, go and get the tape and see Mikel in action as he overshadow nearly everyone in the midfield.
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by mochafella(m): 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2006
Yep I must say, He got a starting shirt today. Got a yellow card for "simulation/rough play"? got half a goal grin and generally did well till he got subbed. Exits at this point, I think not.
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by rikkyjen(m): 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2006
@ Akola, though I statred  this thread before the kick-off, but you are wrong definitely about him being the dominant force in the midfield.Well he played well generally, after the booking he found it difficult to impose himself again

Orji Uzor Kalu's Sun abi?? cheesy cheesy. I surprise myself as i even post the link sef! cheesy, but there could be an iota of truth innit
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Akolawole(m): 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2006
To me, he played well.

Those guys are too hard on me.

Imagine a ball boy at Nigeria '99 playing alongside Sheva and Ballack in 2006.
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Jackal(m): 9:48pm On Sep 27, 2006
Mikel Obi to exit where?
Thats the biggest joke of the century.
Mikel is now part n parcel of Chelsea and he is Jose's most-prized possession.

I was happy for the lad today as he bossed the midfield quite well.
Where does he get the composure and calmness he displays at such a young age?
Obi was outstanding and he nearly got the 1st goal before SUPERDROG(Drogba) blasted the ball into the net.

Can Jose Mourinho loan out the gold he has found in Mikel?
Only a fool will believe in such rumours.
Expect more positive and deft touches from the most-talented Nigerian in Europe at the moment.

@ Akola,
Honestly, Mikel's rise to stardom baffles me.
Obi now has team-mates in Sheva, Terry, Ballack and i saw him tapping Mourinho's back after substitution.
He was so unlucky to have copped a yellow card.
The referee is a wimp.
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by seyimags: 12:38am On Sep 28, 2006
No doubt, this young guy is chelsea's best in the midfield. for a debut, He is just too perfect.just too perfect.But for the yellow card.
For all mikel's critics,Read what his boss just said about him.
“When you play with three very fast players, Kalou, Robben and Wright-Phillips, normally you should play better and score more goals,” he said
But he saved his strongest complements for John Obi Mikel on his first Chelsea start.

“For me it was a pity he got the yellow card because I was afraid that a bit naive boy could get a second yellow and we’d play with ten men, so I took him off - but he played fantastic!

“He plays so simple that it looks easy. But the difficulty is to play this type of football and the boy is very good.”

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=418721&m=9&y=2006&nav=news&sub=latest+news

www.webcashsecret.com
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by loyika(m): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2006
Mikel Oh Mikel!! cheesy

First things first, lets put things in perspective, Mikel started yesterday, because of the opponents, I mean L Sofia , Please sentiments aside, does anyone actually think he would have started if Chelski were playing Barca . So everyone should calm down.

Now having said that, What Mikel needs to do is calm down and take his chances cause his time will surely come (No point regreting anything, he is in the belly of the beast, and if he can't prove himself with those stars, his value will drop) Look at Flamini, he played most CL games for AW, in a position that has nothing to do with his natural game, but now he hardly gets a look in (managers are strange folks ).

The good thing for Mikel is that, the Key midfield role is his for the National team, which should give him confidence to look anyone in the eye. He will get Chances in the Carling Cup and the FA Cup, He needs to take them and keep impressing his Gaffer (he should take a leaf out of Drogs book, He doesn't seem bothered by Sheva, even plays better now, Still has a rubbish first touch though tongue cheesy)

If he takes his chances, he has a bright future with Chelsea, and might rise up to be one of they Great stars. MIKEL AS A NIGERIAN WE ALL GOT YOUR BACK!! cool

(Still should have gone to OT though grin, but all water under the bridge wink

cool GOONER 89
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by abdulwale(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2006
mikel is just 19, he still have many years to prove himself. i once heard it when someone said that the guy is better than gerrard and ballack when they were at his present age. the guy is a talent, and i am quite sure he will be a great asset very soon. jose said he has a very wonderful performance in the training, then he has to be using him at the expense of all the big names he has in his mid-field. i think the guy desrves first team shirt in that jose's team with his outstanding performance against sofia yesterday.
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Snoop001(m): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2006
GAME NOVA START.
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Chxta(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2006
I didn't watch the match, but I just saw the highlights. All I can say is shocked
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Gettolove(m): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2006
if this story is true, it is good for him cos he can never play 60 hours in the whole of his career in chelsea
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by donjazzie(m): 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2006
Gettolove:

if this story is true, it is good for him because he can never play 60 hours in the whole of his career in chelsea

man U fan.quite the hatin.i8t
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Christino(m): 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2006
Gettolove:

if this story is true, it is good for him because he can never play 60 hours in the whole of his career in chelsea

less than 59 hours left cos he played 1 hour yesterday tongue
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by Greatpeter(m): 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2006
Mikel has come to stay at the Stamford bridge.
No shaking for Mikel.
Mikel will play, Mourinho said.
He will get his chances.
He is a talented wonder kid.
Jose knows his worth.
Just wait and see!
the doubters will be stuned!
Re: Mikel Obi Wants Chelsea Exit? by spikelord(m): 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2006
Let'em say, the guy is just too good. Mikel keep the sun shinning for yourself man

(1) (Reply)

Match Between Nigeria’s Super Eagles And The Black Stars Of Ghana Has Been Cance / MANCHESTER UNITED Vs BURNLEY Full Download Match Highlights / Neymar Will Never Forgive Mane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.