Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,954 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer (6962 Views)

Wizkid Is Still Signed To E.M.E - Banky W / Harry Mosco Is Dead : Veteran Singer ''love Wan Tin Tin ' / The Boss Is Back! Mr Wellington Himself Banky W New Singles Download Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by layi(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2005

Bankole Wellington a.k.a Banky is a Nigerian doing good music in the USA. I'm promoting him because he's good.

Listen to 3 of songs and tell me what u feel. Click here to download his songs.
http://www.bankyw.com/03downloads.html
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by nike4luv(f): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2005
wonderful..he sounds good!
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Latoya(f): 8:18am On Oct 24, 2005
Whao !!!
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Seun(m): 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2005
THis is the point where I mention that we attended the same school! grin

1 Like

Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by layi(m): 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2005
I also knew him from his days at TREM, Lagos
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Shadiat(f): 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2005
My cousin is doin it big sha..Im proud of him...Big ups to BANK
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by hotangel2(f): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2005
He's my brother. Shadiat that makes us.... OMG?? I know u..

Not!

He sings good.. Nice.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by IAH(f): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2005
He's my Auntie! He was born immediately after me. rolleyes
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by layi(m): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2005
IAH:

He's my Auntie! He was born immediately after me. rolleyes
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Me too
" I was born london state in america"

Reminds me of dem days when we use to 'fombu' and get it twisted.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Oracle(m): 1:07am On Oct 27, 2005
so how come we've not heard
bout this guy here in Nigeria
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by hotangel2(f): 1:10am On Oct 27, 2005
I don't even know him.

@ layi... That's funny. London state in America. Haha... Just like when a friend of mine said Belgium in London. I was like....
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by nike4luv(f): 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2005
have anyone heard ay mami by banky..damn hes good
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by layi(m): 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2005
@Demi
He also emailed me his latest song My Regrets. If u havent heard it.. I can forward it to u. He was craig-david[b]ish[/b] in that song.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by nike4luv(f): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2005
oh cool..thanks uncle Layz wink
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by dablessed(f): 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2005
I'm not so surprised Banky has eventually become a singer!!!

He used to be a lead vocalist of the "fountain of life church" choir some 8 -9 years ago, before he left for the US with his brothers and sister! Viewing his pictures, he has changed tremendously but he's still got the "Banky" looks, everyone knew him as Banky. A dedicated little boy he was! I am proud of him! Welldone Banky, more grease to your elbows.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by adesodgi(m): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2005
cheesy hey if you want to hear his best,y not just visit my reviews where you'll find the latest slim thug pixs and tha neptunes.but u got to wait for it to boost first...enjoy
[url]http://www.xanga.com/contentlatest.asp?user=adesodgi&tab=events&fid=0&nextdate=11%2F15%2F2005&direction=p&bflag=z[/url]
hear more when it stops for another track of his,in short the page belongs to banky...

cheesy and can also view more(story) on him on miya site>all u gat do is click and scroll down to find banky below ruggedman......its like magic
http://www.xanga.com/contentlatest.asp?user=adesodgi&tab=reviews
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by shadex1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2005
Hmm...what more can i say...i listened to the dont w a n n a n also the Aiyyo song and it was aight it was really impressive i actually registered to this site cos i wanted to drop a comment on banky's music....why would i criticize Nigerian music if we had artists like this...wouldnt mind getting his album.
Would appreciate anybody given me the low downs of Nigerian artists like this.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Nairan(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2005
I like Banky. There is another musician, a gospel artis that I like. Oluwakemi. She is a gospel artist based in the UK. She has a new CD out titled Wonder-working God. She is sooo original.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Olorididan(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2006
One of the best voices of 05... I think he'll go all the way to the top smiley!
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by chinkette: 4:34am On Jan 14, 2006
i'm in love with the song No Regrets. it's totally great. i was wondering if anyone can send me a full version of that song. please! chinkette@hotmail.com
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Seun(m): 10:40am On May 27, 2006
Are you sure sure you can't buy the song?
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by hotangel2(f): 11:10pm On May 27, 2006
I know BANKY NOW Oo.

I mean i actually really do know him. He's in newyork. lol, He's also on hi5, and he's on naijaryders.

Hmm, i love his songs. And he's sooo hott. Seriously, he's hot
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by ladex142(m): 2:17am On May 28, 2006
, banky is a good artist in the sense that he has good lyrics, but to all people who really knows about music and people who really knows how to critically analyse music would see that all banky's music is all recorded with a kind of voice modifier, it's not that am "aiding" the guy but hey, u all can listen to his songs at
www.myspace.com/banky , listen deeply and u would see what am talking about. cool
from ladex 142, usa.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by layi(m): 3:00pm On May 28, 2006
@ladex142
We have 3 kinds of artists in the entertainment world- Recording artists, performing artist and Publishing artists.

Banky as a recording artists is allowed to use voice synthesizers as long as its used well (in d right places and not too much). There is nothing wrong with that. Almost all the good artists we know of don't exactly sound the same on radio and on stage. Softwares are involved in recording and as such there must be a diff. Aint nothing wrong in using synthesizers.
However Banky never used modifier!! Akon did.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by ladex142(m): 11:16pm On May 28, 2006
Look layi,, i want you to listen to his songs very well, and i bet you'll agree with what am saying. You said akon use voice synthesizer, well i won't agree with that,, because i have seen this guy perform on stage and there is absolutely little difference in his record musics and his live performance on stage. If you don't believe me, please be my guest and verify at aol music to listen to one of his live performance.
        You also said that almost every artist uses some kind of voice synthesizer in recording their musics, well, i would agree with you in some sense, but also i would like to let you know the fact that these voice synthesizers are used for the porpose of the artist's voice to sound better with little changes in their real voice, but when they go far to abuse these innovative technology by adding some sort of way too much artificial voice modifier, it consequencially requires some mouth lashing. And by the way, artist like t-pain is guilty of these abuse, as a matter of fact, his whole album is 100% voice modified! angry.
        To further drive home my point, artist like frankie J, R.kelly, usher, Marques Houston, and some other music artist all have great naturally fine voices which reflects in their music album and stage performances, and their voice never sound strange as a result of vocie synthesizers in their musics. Thank you  cool
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by layi(m): 11:44am On May 29, 2006

You said akon use voice synthesizer, well i won't agree with that,,

I never said that. read my post again. Its obvious u mistake modifier for synthesizer.
I said he used voice modifier. What was used in modifying the chorus for "lonely" is called a voice modifier which is diff from a synthesizer. I am in the industry i use my terms/names right.

To further drive home my point, artist like frankie J, R.kelly, usher, Marques Houston, and some other music artist all have great naturally fine voices which reflects in their music album and stage performances, and their voice never sound strange as a result of vocie synthesizers in their musics.

A voice synthesizer is a computer software that checks the range and wave patterns of voice, removes unwanted sounds, and gives ur singin a good progression that is pleasing to the ear.
Basically a voice synthesizer doesnt chnage your voice.It only makes it sound better. You have to hav a good voice to be a good singer. No doubt.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by ladex142(m): 6:40am On May 30, 2006
You said that am confusing voice syntheziser with modifier, well you're right because am not in the business, but it seems you do not understand what am saying. Akon's chorus song in lone is voice modified, i agree, but that's not what am talking about. Am not talking about a chorus, am talking about the artist's lines in his songs. Akon's chorus is allowable, but it's going to sound crazy if he uses whatever he uses to sing the chorus in lonely, to sing the whole song.
For example, If you listen to Banky's song titled "Hard Times". You would see that he uses voice modifier or whatever it's called to sing his whole line, same as "Ay mami", and worst of them all, "my regrets". Hey don't pretend as if u don't know what am talking about angry, the proves are in his songs and please, i've got a question for u, "why can't he sing a clear song like 'em artist i mention in my last reply?, why must there be echos (and some other sounds that i have no idea of the world to describe them) in all his lines and his chorus.
I have nothing against Banky, i mean his songs are good with all 'em voice modifiers and synthesizers he uses, but hey, please give me names of artist that sings all his lines with over abuse of artificial voice aid angry. Do those that performs on American Idol use artificial voice, just to clearify my point further more, take for example the black girl that was on American Idol with the great voice; that's what good voice sounds like, that's what talent is, that's what natural voice is, that's what am talking about. All these makes me wonder, "Does Banky really have a good voice, because one can't really say, he's voice is always hidden under the artificial voice aid".
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Scorpio(f): 5:39am On May 31, 2006
I agree with Ladex142, but his album is good tho n i can actually sing his songs outside my house cheesy big up's to him tho.
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by lauryn(f): 5:47am On May 31, 2006
U sing with that thing u call voice, chei, lawd save my ears
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Scorpio(f): 5:50am On May 31, 2006
Infact eh, Amadioha make luv to u. like say u no dey trip for my voice grin
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by lauryn(f): 5:51am On May 31, 2006
TUFIA, abeg no call that thing voice at all, sth u urself is even scared of. cheesy
Re: Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer by Scorpio(f): 5:53am On May 31, 2006
dat's coldblooded, u promised not to put our bizwax out in d open like this naw grin undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shallipopi - Shakespopi (Album EP) Mp3 Download / Saucekid Ft Davido – Carolina (new Music) / k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.