Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. (3206 Views)

Hi There! Contact Us For Your Agricultural Processing Machines. / Affordable Agricultural Processing Machines(photos) / I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by freelife4all(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
I want to go into processing of Agricultural products, but I don't know which one I should venture into, please my fellow farmers in the house, if there is any one that is lucrative and can be started with 2m Naira let me know. I seek for contribution from everyone that has knowledge on this area. All contribution will be appreciated, thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by juicymoney(m): 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
I suggest poultry for u
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by tobbyte(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
poultry is not always a good idea for a starter...so pls think twice
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by grownaira: 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
freelife4all:
I want to go into processing of Agricultural products, but I don't know which one I should venture into, please my fellow farmers in the house, if there is any one that is lucrative and can be started with 2m Naira let me know. I seek for contribution from everyone that has knowledge on this area. All contribution will be appreciated, thanks in anticipation

Ur location determines what best to process.
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by freelife4all(m): 6:10am On Aug 01, 2015
grownaira:

Ur location determines what best to process.
Any idea? location is Delta State
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by grownaira: 7:03am On Aug 01, 2015
freelife4all:
Any idea? location is Delta State

Processing of palm kernel nuts for oil and cake. About 1.8m will get u started, and ROI is less than 15 months.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by AreaFada2: 7:16am On Aug 01, 2015
grownaira:

Processing of palm kernel nuts for oil and cake. About 1.8m will get u started, and ROI is less than 15 months.
Good idea but be sure of your market. I had same idea in Edo State but found that there's only one buyer in Edo North. Next one said to be in Onitsha. With popularity of palm plantations in Edo/Delta in last 2 decades, there could be oversupply of the processed kernel oil. Do your market research well first. Except grownaira can shed more light on current market to get that ROI.
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by grownaira: 7:27am On Aug 01, 2015
AreaFada2:
Good idea but be sure of your market. I had same idea in Edo State but found that there's only one buyer in Edo North. Next one said to be in Onitsha. With popularity of palm plantations in Edo/Delta on last 2 decades, there could be oversupply of the processed kernel oil. Do your market research well first. Except grownaira can shed more light on current market to get that ROI.

The challenge you had is as a result of you limiting your market scope to only Edo state. Remember you are not a shop owner, but rather a producer. As a producer, you are suppose to find buyers of ur products wherever they are. I am sure most of the products u use aren't produced in Edo state.

Buyers of palm kernel oil are mostly in Lagos and states close to Lagos. They are mainly soap and cosmetic manufacturers.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by AreaFada2: 8:35am On Aug 01, 2015
grownaira:

The challenge you had is as a result of you limiting your market scope to only Edo state. Remember you are not a shop owner, but rather a producer. As a producer, you are suppose to find buyers of ur products wherever they are. I am sure most of the products u use aren't produced in Edo state.

Buyers of palm kernel oil are mostly in Lagos and states close to Lagos. They are mainly soap and cosmetic manufacturers.
Well in any business you have to consider profit margins. Transport costs can eat heavily into your profit because as a small scale investor, taking products to Lagos or Ogun is not cheap. One cannot afford a decent truck and driver. That cannot be compared to someone importing containers of boxers or slippers from China grin cheesy. Selling in Ogun or Lagos should be a long term goal as business gets bigger. Then why not set up the business around Lagos to be close to the market.
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by grownaira: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2015
AreaFada2:
Well in any business you have to consider profit margins. Transport costs can eat heavily into your profit because as a small scale investor, taking products to Lagos or Ogun is not cheap. One cannot afford a decent truck and driver. That cannot be compared to someone importing containers of boxers or slippers from China grin cheesy. Selling in Ogun or Lagos should be a long term goal as business gets bigger. Then why not set up the business around Lagos to be close to the market.

When seTting up a production business. Two things are considered; proximity to raw materials and proximity to market. In most instances, you hardly find these two in one place. That is why I asked the op of his location before suggesting this idea.

It's left for the entrepreneur to choose which is more suitable. Transporting raw materials to the factory or transporting finished products to the market. The best bet is always choosing to site the factory close to source of raw materials, and creating an effective delivery system to deliver/distribute the finished products.

And as for palm kernel processing factory situated in Delta state, it will still be profitable even if it transports it's products to Lagos, Ogun, etc.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by freelife4all(m): 9:35am On Aug 01, 2015
Nice contributions, love what you guys are doing, keep it up and keep it coming, . I need more contribution. thanks for the love.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by capaoil(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
AreaFada2:

We supply Crude Palm kernel Oil PKO from the PKO Cluster at Enugu. For Small businesses requiring PKO in 25 Litres and 50 Litres Kegs. We can supply through Transport Services (Waybill) to Abuja, Lagos, and all other parts of Nigeria.
The advantage is a. You are buying directly from our Crushing Mill, at a competitive rates(Nb. The price varies with season), and still have good margin for re-sales.
Kindly contact us, at info@capaoil.com.ng or Capaoils@gmail.com. 08098335575 or 08035703062.
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by styveke(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
I'm based in Agbor area of Delta state and can categorically say that palm processing is 1 of the best and most profitable form of Agro-processing biznez in the region.

Everything U produce is sellable with gud ROI.

Another option is casava processing...there's a huge market for cassava chips.
Let's chat on whatsapps 09020046622 so as to knw more.
freelife4all:
Nice contributions, love what you guys are doing, keep it up and keep it coming, . I need more contribution. thanks for the love.
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by TheUnbeatable(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2015
@ Op:

I am not a messenger of doom.

If you don't have a business idea to invest on.

Look for someone flourishing in business and invest in it. Get your lawyer to do agreement and give the money. Go to bed. Pray often too so that the investment will yield and it will be easy for your partner.

Within few years, you will have your money in multiple folds.

All of us must no be under the sun, hustings, some are in their ac tight house and cars and money is working for them.

God bless your decisions.

Sincerely,
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by Winken: 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
grownaira:

When seTting up a production business. Two things are considered; proximity to raw materials and proximity to market. In most instances, you hardly find these two in one place. That is why I asked the op of his location before suggesting this idea.

It's left for the entrepreneur to choose which is more suitable. Transporting raw materials to the factory or transporting finished products to the market. The best bet is always choosing to site the factory close to source of raw materials, and creating an effective delivery system to deliver/distribute the finished products.

And as for palm kernel processing factory situated in Delta state, it will still be profitable even if it transports it's products to Lagos, Ogun, etc.

I am in owerri imo state
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by Winken: 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thanks all. Please keep the suggestions and advise coming. You guys are the best
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by grownaira: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Winken:

I am in owerri imo state
Palm kernel processing business will flourish in Imo State.
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by testimonyng: 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
Investing in agroprocessing requires skill, research, SWOT analysis, expert advice, etc. Most importantly it requires a market driven and raw materials sourcing approach. Dont go into business because others are doing it, do first things first and be sure of where you are going before takeoff. Invest on good knowledge. You can call me 08023290405 for more practical advice. Do you experience on produce business at all? Do you know the oil yield conversation rate? Pls carry out proper investigation. Wish you good luck.
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by freelife4all(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
grownaira:

@grownaira, are you in this business already? please if, I will like to have your contact for more advice and explanation. mine is benaruchu@gmail.com. thanks, hope to read your mail soon
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by Ltrust(m): 4:20am On Aug 25, 2016
Business opportunities abound in agricultural commodity processing. You can process sheanut to crude sheabutter and even further to refined sheabutter. There is already market for processed sheabutter in Nigeria and European countries.The raw material is sheanut and it is abundant in states of Kwara, Niger, Oyo and Kebbi states. Locating your production plant closer to the shea states will be a comparative advantage. Return on investment is over 80%. Extraction rate is about 34%. Note that one(1) Metric ton of sheanut(raw material) goes for N60,000 while crude processed sheabutter is N300,000 per ton. Investing in shea processing business either in small scale, medium or large scale will not just be very profitable but a wise investment.

Bankable and Comprehensive feasibility study/Operational plan/financial projections on setting up this project on a large scale is available to ready investors./07033097160.
Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by Toxz: 8:50am On Aug 25, 2016
I suggest you go into catfish processing. You can check the ones I did here.

https://m.facebook.com/www.agriculturalbusiness/ Please also like and share this page.

For more information reach us on +2348035887054
You may also reach us on WhatsApp with same number.

Re: I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. by Malubi(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2019
Good

(1) (Reply)

How To Successfully Cultivate Azolla For Your Animals / Which Grain Business Can I Trading In With N200,000? / Supply Plantain Chips Making Machine Production Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.