Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Things you never knew about Eminem - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Things you never knew about Eminem (1952 Views)

Eminem Disses Donald Trump At The 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards / Nas Vs Eminem, Who Is Lyrical Better? / Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things you never knew about Eminem by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 01, 2015
As a cocksure soothsaying statement, “It feels so empty without me” has sure rung true during the past couple of years in hip-hop. No fear, Marshall Mathers III is about to re-up.

-after several scannings & researching I've unearthed some unknown facts about the nimble rhymer

sources- multiple sites

•Eminem has three aliases: Eminem, The Slim Shady, and his original teenage stage name, which was M&M. His real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III

•Before he heard rap, he wanted to be a comic book artist.

•Eminem’s relatives used to call him ‘Mickey’ when he was a baby because he had big ears.

•Eminem dropped out of school after failing 9th grade 3 times, mainly because he skipped school too many times to battle kids on the street corners

•Eminem cuts his own hair

•To be signed to Shady Records,one of the requirement is you to have battle Eminem.

•In the video My Name Is Eminem was not supposed to get hit in the face with the newspaper at the beginning and was not supposed to fall of the chair. They were both accidents but the directors decided to keep them in the video.

•Eminem has been falsely reported dead by a car crash 4 times and a drug overdose once.

•Eminem’s all-time favorite movie is The Matrix.

•Eminem is in the Guinness Book of world Records for being fastest selling hip-hop artist.

•When Dre first met Eminem, Eminem was wearing a bright yellow tracksuit which he got from a sponsor because he didn’t have the money to buy decent clothes. Dre thought he looked like a banana.

•Eminem used to spend hours at night studying the dictionary so that he could expand his vocabulary for his rhymes.

•During the shooting of 8 Mile, Em would write lyrics for the soundtrack during breaks. When shooting resumes crew members will have to pull the notepad from him in order to catch his attention and make him stop writing.

•Eminem is of Scottish and Welsh decent.

•Eminem is the oldest member of D12 (1972). Kon Artis is the youngest (1978)

•Despite his chosen profession, Em is still a very quiet individual (much like his character Rabbit) which either surprises or annoys the shit out of people.

•Em had a crush on Madonna when he was 11

•Eminem and Dr. Dre’s first choice for Stan is Macaulay Culkin. Macaulay was doing a play. Dre picked Devon Sawa because he thought he looked like Em (Em made a video where he’s the one portraying Stan, and Devon made a similar video. Dre almost could not tell them apart.

•Eminem and Hailie has a cat named Tigger.

• Eminem does not smoke.

•Eminem received $3 Million for his 8 Mile role.

•Eminem did all the three verses of Lose Yourself in one take

•Eminem’s favorite drink is Mountain Dew.

•Big Sean came second in a rap battle that would have won him a spot on Shady Records

•While in the studio Eminem and Dr. Dre routinely occupied themselves by causing controversy. In Dr. Dre’s words “When me and Eminem are in the studio, all we’re thinking about is, who can we piss off next?” That mentality has led to public beefs with Christina Aguilera, Pamela Anderson, Nick Cannon, Mariah Carey, Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs and more recently Miley Cyrus.

• Em used to have a problem with people staring at him

•Eminem is a Baptist (just like his mom and the rest of her family). He’s not religious though. Kim’s the one who is Catholic. She’s also not religious.

•Eminem wears glasses because he’s near-sighted.

Lose Yourself may have topped the poll on songs that spurs ball players to victory but it also topped the poll on songs most likely to lead to car crashes.

•For his 8 Mile role, Em dropped from 168 lbs (12 stone or 76.21kg) to 145 lbs (10.35 stone or 65.8kg).

•He is a Spiderman fan.

•As a nine-year-old, Eminem was beaten so badly by a school bully that he spent over a week in a coma. His music has since been credited with helping to bring more than one fan out of similar states, including a twelve-year-old girl who was hit by a car in Northumberland.

• As a youngster, Marshall harboured ambitions to become a comic book artist rather than a rapper, which explains various animated threads through-out his career, including the Dubya-baiting ‘Mosh’ video and The Slim Shady Show series.

• The Slim Shady moniker may never have materialised if he’d pursued one of his pre-fame jobs as a cook at a family restaurant in Michigan. Still, you can take the white trash outta the trailer park, but old habits die hard: Em’s a Taco bell man nowadays.

•Reckon Marshall’s turbulent marriage/divorce seesaw with on/off wife Kim mirrors the family unit’s decline? That’s nothing: his grandmother Betty Hixson comfortably eclipses those antics with five walks up the aisle. Nearly halfway there, Em:

•Despite a tearaway image and numerous brushes with the law, Mathers’ didn’t clock his first arrest until aged twenty, apprehended for shooting at a cop car with a paintball gun. No word on whether the aftermath resembled a scene from Shady’s all-time favourite movie, classic gangster flick 'Scarface', but we’ll take a punt on no…

• Another blond-bonced establishment upsetter, strip club magnate Peter Stringfellow, shares Eminem’s birthday. Also born on october 17th are Fugees rapper Wyclef Jean, Ziggy Marley and the late motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel.

•Recently re-crowned King of Pop himself Michael Jackson co-owns rights in Em’s back catalogue, despite publicly pillaring Mr. Mathers for depicting him as a flammable plastic surgery-riddled sex offender in the ‘Just Lose It’ video. When ol’ Wacko and Sony/ATV Music Publishing acquired Famous Music LLC in 2007, the purchase included hits like ‘Without Me’ and ‘The Real Slim Shady’.

•Moby bears no grudge despite also being on the receiving end of Eminem’s video nasties. “He is, I think, a really remarkably talented MC,” the bald-headed producer admitted last year. “If I was to meet him I would probably compliment him for being so talented. Some of his rhymes are really pretty impressive.”

• At the risk of branding Eminem a hypocrite, however, he wasn’t so keen on parodies when poodle-haired musical piss-taker ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic came a-calling. Yankovic had permission refused to film a video for ‘Lose yourself’ take-off ‘Couch Potato’. Apparently, Mathers didn’t want to “detract from his image as a serious hip-hop artist”.

•Adding to the list of musicians rumoured to have attracted attention from the US administration, unreleased Eminem song ‘We As Americans’ purportedly nudged the American secret service awake thanks to lyrics including “Bleep money / I don’t rap for dead presidents / I’d rather see the president dead”. Bush, not Obama, was the target of his ire.

• Like many artistic types, Eminem is left-handed. If you look hard enough, various writing dexterity clues are buried within his music videos, as well as movie '8 Mile'.

• Although Marshall Mathers’ iconic stage name is taken from his initials and not, sadly, moreish sugar-covered chocolate treats, one of the best Eminem-inspired works is an M&Ms portrait of the star by Florida artist Enrique Ramos. Assembled from more than eight pounds of sweets, over one thousand M&Ms were used.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 01, 2015
Okay fine.

All I want to know is, how long did it take you to find all of these?
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 01, 2015
Teempakguy:
Okay fine.

All I want to know is, how long did it take you to find all of these?

does it matter?
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 01, 2015
darkenedrebel:

does it matter?
you just found out more about Eminem than he knows about himself. I think it's natural for someone like me to be curious about how long that took.

I hazard a guess . . . several days.

1 Like

Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by sweetguy10(m): 3:44am On Aug 01, 2015
The real slim shady
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 01, 2015
Teempakguy:
you just found out more about Eminem than he knows about himself. I think it's natural for someone like me to be curious about how long that took.

I hazard a guess . . . several days.

hehe.. how can it be possible that I know more than Eminem than Eminem himself...

most of the things up there were either revealed by Em himself in various interviews or are littered online

It took me less than a day browsing the web for them
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 01, 2015
darkenedrebel:

hehe.. how can it be possible that I know more than Eminem than Eminem himself...

most of the things up there were either revealed by Em himself in various interviews or are littered online

It took me less than a day browsing the web for them
wow . . .
Nice thread though . . . bringing all those floating facts together. grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 01, 2015
sweetguy10:
The real slim shady

have you heard his latest freestyle on sway in the morning

he brought inferno in it -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWy6sDngEKU
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by sweetguy10(m): 4:14am On Aug 01, 2015
darkenedrebel:

have you heard his latest freestyle on sway in the morning

he brought inferno in it -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWy6sDngEKU

Yeah I do , I see the biatch in you caitlyn
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by bewla(m): 4:57am On Aug 01, 2015
if i. c this again then u no me
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by Emenandez4lyf(m): 5:05am On Aug 01, 2015
I never knew; this post needs to embrace FP ASAP.
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 01, 2015
hmmmn... i love eminem

listen to my songs @
http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
Re: Things you never knew about Eminem by danbrowndmf(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
Eminem....the white boy.. Wow, he doesn't smoke...

(1) (Reply)

Lil Wayne Mocks Soulja Boy's Record Sales! / MTN @ 10 : The Album - Calling On Music Producers, Singers Or Songwriters ! / Download Music: Burna Boy – “pree Me” (prod. By Leriq)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.