Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police (19878 Views)

Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) / Robbers Disguise As Hawkers In Traffic — Lagos Govt / I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Adesiji77: 6:24am On Aug 01, 2015
The Nigeria Police have issued an alert to Nigerians using the Automated Teller Machine, particularly in the night, to be watchful as armed robbers have started pretending as ATM users in order to rob bank customers.

The NPF issued this alert on its website after an Abuja resident, a man, reportedly went to one of the banks in the FCT at about 12:10am on Thursday to withdraw money from an ATM.

The police reported that three young men pretending to also withdraw money from the ATM attacked the man.

The statement added, “The victim raised an alarm, which attracted the nearby Police patrol team to the scene. The hoodlums took to their heels upon sighting the advancing Police team. One automatic pistol fell from one of the suspects and was recovered by the Police. The victim was safely rescued.

“However, another male victim was unlucky as hoodlums attacked him and snatched cash sum of N500, 000 that he just withdrew from an ATM on July 28, 2015. Police responded to his distress call and one of the suspects was arrested. Efforts are on to apprehend other gang members.”

Meanwhile, there have been reactions to the alert by some Nigerians.

One Terry commended the Police and said, “At least the police know where to find them. The police should also queue at the ATM (undercover) as customers.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/armed-robbers-now-disguise-as-atm-users-police/ lalasticlala, Ishilove

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by izeeqpotter(m): 6:26am On Aug 01, 2015
Which levels na? Shey na to dey carry gun go withdraw cash now?.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Shehucom(m): 6:28am On Aug 01, 2015
It's quite dangerous.. I'd rather wait till day Break, especially in those secluded banks on the highway

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Which way forward. To use ATM now nah gobe .. haba. What's the solution now? Abi pesin no go use ATM again ni?
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by IYADARA(f): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2015
I haven't seen waht will prompt me to use ATM at night..day sef no save let alone nightnight.........500thousans ke?no maximum withdrawal again?....I smell lies undecided

90 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by espn(m): 6:53am On Aug 01, 2015
500k? What's the limit u could withdraw with ur ATM in a day?

34 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by colossus2: 6:55am On Aug 01, 2015
“However, another male victim was unlucky as hoodlums attacked him and snatched cash sum of N500, 000 that he just withdrew from an ATM on July 28, 2015. Police responded to his distress call and one of the suspects was arrested.
undecided

16 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by dhardline(m): 7:15am On Aug 01, 2015
Police and lies...they even lied on the ATM that it dispensed 500k grin .Anyway lets be more careful at atm points.

20 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Goldenheart(m): 8:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Security Consciousness is key grin
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Austindark(m): 8:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Maybe is tym to legalize arms....
To defend ourselves is the only option left

It is just end tym tinz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by wildchild1: 8:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Whats the minimum withdrawal limit again?
Thank God they didnt kill him

order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/2
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by SAIBUHAR1(m): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2015
Wetin people dey find for Atm sef at night, the one wey dem withdraw for day time nor reach.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Symphony007: 8:07am On Aug 01, 2015
Those of you accusing the police of lying fail to think above the conventional...have you not been on a ATM line before and somebody withdraws money with more than 5 ATM's..in that instance, can't the withdraw 500,000?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by speaktome(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2015
Abeg Which Nija ATM dey giv out 500k?

HAPPY AUGUST MEETING TO ALL FEMALE NAIRALANDERS!!!

#MYSIGNATURE#MYBIZ#

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by ceejay80s(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2015
Adesiji77:

http://www.punchng.com/news/armed-robbers-now-disguise-as-atm-users-police/ lalasticlala, Ishilove
Haba op, ATM dey dispense 500k ?

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by bmxshop: 8:09am On Aug 01, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Hexzyz(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2015
I don't trust police reports. They always exaggerate stories. And I do wonder if they think people are that dumb.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Humblebloke(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by yomalex(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2015
E don tay now
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2015
New robbery schemes and scamming procedures been culled out on a daily...if only these goons could channel their brain power into more legal things!!! But nah...the love of quick kudi...
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by otimothy(m): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2015
IYADARA:
I haven't seen waht will prompt me to use ATM at night..day sef no save let alone nightnight.........500thousans ke?no maximum withdrawal again?....I smell lies undecided

my dear if you make a request to the bank to up your withdrawal limit it can be increased so there aint no lies there however no be say u go be 5k customer dey find make such request o.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by condralbede(m): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2015
Naija....meanwhile when will The FG start paying d 5k nah500,000 on a ATM,hmmmm
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by 9jafreshest: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Nicepoker(m): 8:11am On Aug 01, 2015
Which ATM can dispense 500k. Op don't exaggerate plss.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by McEwen(m): 8:11am On Aug 01, 2015
McEwen got a gun cool

Cc:kingtom
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by skyface00(m): 8:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Abba u can't withdraw up 2 500k on ATM, that statement alone fall my heart, how on earth could a big newspaper dash out dis kind of story.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by femi4: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Liar....500k from ATM?

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by ybalogs(m): 8:13am On Aug 01, 2015
It's true ooo. Nah to dey very careful now if you want collect money ooo.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police by Atlantian: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2015
espn:
500k? What's the limit u could withdraw with ur ATM in a day?
He may have withdrawn from 3 or more different bank accounts. Abi, na only one bank account you get ?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Armed Robbers Nabbed In Anambra State / Kidnap Syndicate Smashed By Police Operatives Along Abuja Highway. Photos / DSVA Seeks Information About Woman Who Blew Smoke Into Baby's Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.