Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity (1159 Views)

Manchester United Transfer News: Latest Rumours On Alvaro Morata, Ander Herrera / Real Madrid Want £174.5million For Manchester United Transfer Target Cristiano R / Manchester United Transfer News: Antoine Griezmann Offered £220,000-a-week Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by oshorlabyC(m): 8:53am On Aug 01, 2015
When Sir Ferguson retired as the coach of the arguably most famous club on planet earth, many fans thought the glorious days will simply continue and everything goes rosy as before, but some in-thinking fans knew all was not well,not just because a low end manager in Moyes was chosen to take over from the legendary Sir Alex but because Moyes doesn't have the technical skills to use an average united team to success as Fergie has done. You will agree with me that the united team that won the 20th league title to finally knock the scousers off the perch is an ant to the giant of the treble winning team of 1999 bar Van persie's heroics. So the first step in the wong direction in appointing a complete outsider to succeed fergie who himself did no good by not retaining any if fergie's staffs. (that's a discussion for another day).
Down the line, 3yrs after, United's trophy cabinet is surely getting dusty and all the philosophy master keeps telling us is lecture on the usage of the proposition "shall". Autocratic as he might sound, he seems to have gotten it right this summer transfer window with him and Ed providing solution to what have seem to be United's negative since the days of Roy Keane, the defensive Mieldfied position seems sorted with the acquisition of Morgan Schneiderlin who to me is the best bit of business United has done since R.V.P's capture (forget Depay, he needs 2years to settle down). Morgan's transfer ticks a lot of boxes in United's midfield that could go on to be the best midfield united has for years. As delighted as it may seem, with Darmain capture, depay's transfer, a good back-up in Bastain, if United fails to get a Proven Central defender, a prolific striker (cos I don't belong to the school of thought that this is Rooney's season, his time is way gone, dude is living on past glory) and make De Gea sign a new contract, then all those transfer brilliance and heroics of Ed Woodward might as well go down the drain. Jones and Smalling has forever failed to show the intent, Evans is a forgone issue, Blacket and Mc Nair ar no show,United can only point to Rojo and a make shift Daley Blind. LVG said he always want a left footed player as one of his centre backs (technically understandable), it would only be stupid enough for him to pair two left footed players at the back, so the need to sign a proven and experienced CB. As hard as it may look, De Gea renewing his contract will go down as the best piece of business Woodward can do because the natural successor that could have have been the ideal is Peter Cech, but United for whatever reason failed to look in his direction.
Di Maria might be leaving and Pedro or Gaitan might have been lined up as his replacement, fine. But if United fails to sort out the issue of a CB, a 9 and De Gea, then the best could again be a fourth place finish or worse.
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by Icon4s(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Trophyless for 2 successive seasons & i dnt c dem winning any this season.Play-play 3 yrs don go no trophy. Na so Arsenal own take start until e reach 9yrs o.

5 Likes

Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by oshorlabyC(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2015
United are in a different situation, it was the same wenger that took arsenal to the peak that was still in charge throughout the 8barren years. United is evolving from a 25years Fergie era. So it's a different thing entirely plus Gills lefts at the same time as Fergie
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2015
are we supposed to gve a sh*t about these UTD clowns??
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by oshorlabyC(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
shockwave91:
are we supposed to gve a sh*t about these UTD clowns??
Who cares about what you give dem
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
u on point about De gea signing a new contract...dat should b d top of d list..followed by at least one gud CB...I believe we av options upfront..rooney isnt retired,(chicharito to me is a natural goal scorer nd shld b retained), wilson is young but gud if given chance, depay scores goals too..nd we have midfielders dat scores well...Mata nd herrera...wouldny b bad if we add a striker, but we av options

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by davspog2(m): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
Every united fan has the same fears you have but I think depay would do well this season, de gea is going for sure, it's a matter of when, that's why romero joined but Lvg selling RVP when you don't hve someone to replace him is annoying,cuz rooney would confidently disappoint him upfront! and converting blind to CB is something I pray and hope wld end with pre-season! And it seems herrera wld nt be starting regularly same with fellaini
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by kurupt1: 10:40am On Aug 02, 2015
The problem man utd would have this season is not buying a reliable central defender.it must not be ramos or otamendi but any other proven world class central defender.however,putting daley blind as our CB is football suicide in my opinion.
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by oshorlabyC(m): 10:41am On Aug 02, 2015
Am not writing Depay off, buh u all know dat 1st syndrom with new players,so we won't do well by relying solely on him. I wouldn't say RVP shouldn't have been sold, buh I will say a new striker should have been bought. Blind could excel in d new role, I think d gamble will worth it, buh I still say a new CB is needed is needed badly
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2015
Everybody is saying we should sign a proven world class defender. Please mention one to me who is available at a reasonable price.

And don't tell me Otamendi because he's not world class. No need wasting money if you're not getting an upgrade.
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by oshorlabyC(m): 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
Everybody is saying we should sign a proven world class defender. Please mention one to me who is available at a reasonable price.

And don't tell me Otamendi because he's not world class. No need wasting money if you're not getting an upgrade.
Otamendi is not an upgrade to Jones? Or Evans? Or smalling?......u gotta be kidding
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by AikayDaWrapper(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
oshorlabyC:

Otamendi is not an upgrade to Jones? Or Evans? Or smalling?......u gotta be kidding
I didn't say Otamendi is not an upgrade. I meant his price is not worth it. He is not worth anywhere near 50 million which is what Valencia are demanding.

50 million should get you a world class defender and Otamendi is just a good defender (maybe very good at a stretch).

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by bestfutboltips: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
Op, nice write up, could make for an article at any Nigerian sport newspaper. However, I beg to disagree with you on the following points:

David Moyes Was Technically Good But Lacked Personality
Moyes was handpicked by Sir Alex Ferguson, a mistake enhanced by nepotism. Most Manchester United fans condemned his appointment and rightly so because he lacked the personality to manage a big club like United. Even the players he managed at United felt these same way and disregarded his approach and method at the club. Moyes failed because he didn't stamp his authority and curtail the egocentric players, and as well his ill-fated comments that only provoked the fans. Unlike Moyes, Louis Van Gaal stamped authority, dealt with egocentric players and always presented United as the biggest club to the delight of the fans. On pitch, Moyes is blessed with techniques just ask Everton and more recently Real Sociedad fans hence technique is not the appropriate to describe Moyes failure at United.

Manchester United does not need Centre Backs (CB's)
United currently have good CB's which will only get better as the play together, the challenge is just the proper combination. Smalling is probably the fastest CB in the premier league, Smalling reminds me of Ferdinand when he was younger. Unlike Ferdinand, Smalling is not too comfortable with the ball on his feet, a perquisites in possession based formation, yet last season we saw he can learn and improved in that aspect so he deserves one the starring spots in the starting eleven.

To be continued....
Re: Manchester United Transfer Heroics Turning To Vanity by oshorlabyC(m): 12:21am On Aug 07, 2015
bestfutboltips:
Op, nice write up, could make for an article at any Nigerian sport newspaper. However, I beg to disagree with you on the following points:

David Moyes Was Technically Good But Lacked Personality
Moyes was handpicked by Sir Alex Ferguson, a mistake enhanced by nepotism. Most Manchester United fans condemned his appointment and rightly so because he lacked the personality to manage a big club like United. Even the players he managed at United felt these same way and disregarded his approach and method at the club. Moyes failed because he didn't stamp his authority and curtail the egocentric players, and as well his ill-fated comments that only provoked the fans. Unlike Moyes, Louis Van Gaal stamped authority, dealt with egocentric players and always presented United as the biggest club to the delight of the fans. On pitch, Moyes is blessed with techniques just ask Everton and more recently Real Sociedad fans hence technique is not the appropriate to describe Moyes failure at United.

Manchester United does not need Centre Backs (CB's)
United currently have good CB's which will only get better as the play together, the challenge is just the proper combination. Smalling is probably the fastest CB in the premier league, Smalling reminds me of Ferdinand when he was younger. Unlike Ferdinand, Smalling is not too comfortable with the ball on his feet, a perquisites in possession based formation, yet last season we saw he can learn and improved in that aspect so he deserves one the starring spots in the starting eleven.

To be continued....
Smalling showed he has the zeal to learn and improve, but you will agree with me that and experienced CB will not out of place

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Help Groom A Child To Become A Football Star In The Future? / Breaking!!! Arsenal Boss Divorces Wife. Chooses club over wife / More Photos From FIFA Ballon D'OR 2015 Held Today In Zurich - Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.