Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments (679 Views)

Keshi's Nephew, Ebuka Speaks On The Last Moments Of The Former Coach. / Mohammed Ali's Greatest Moments In Pictures You Have Never Seen / Who Amongst Them Do You Think Was Nigeria's Greatest Winger?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments by robosky02(m): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2015
which will you consider as Nigerias greatest soccer moment:

1. USA 1994

This marked the first time Nigeria will be playing at the world cup. It was so memorable because it was coming on the back of several failed attempt. The worse been the 1990 edition were she was edge out by Cameroon after losing Samuel Okparaji in the process.

But the performance at the world stage was breath taking. it took the brilliance of Roberto Baggio to edge her out. in the end Nigeria was voted the 5th best soccer nation in the world.

Re: Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments by Ezemarcel(m): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2015
W
Re: Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments by robosky02(m): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2015
.ATLANTA 1996 OLYMPICS

Nigeria conquered the world in football becoming the first black nation to win an Olympic gold medal. It was done in the most memorable fashion beating Brazil in the Semis and Argentina in the Finals.
Arguable this is the best moment for Nigeria because the world didn’t see this coming. With the dangling Kanu thunder strike to deny brazil.

Re: Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments by DahtzFestjayz: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments by robosky02(m): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2015
3. AFCON 2013

After a long wait of 19 years Sunday Mba, scored on a Sunday to hand Nigeria her 3rd AFCON trophy after several runner up and third place finishing.
It couldn’t have been better, because Nigeria came to the tournament as under dogs but ended up becoming the top eagles after edging out tournament favorite the elephants of cote d ivore. With a largely experimental team.

Re: Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments by robosky02(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2015
hello guys which of these do you consider as the greatest moment for Nigeria?
Re: Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments by robosky02(m): 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
sia 1 in a good stead to make another history
Re: Football: Nigeria’s Greatest Moments by Icon4s(m): 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
Today exactly 19yrs ago when Nigeria won d Olympic Gold medal. I wept uncontrolably for joy.

What a day. B4 d game my eldest brother hu was d most loaded amongst us then took me, my immediate elder brother and a friend to a joint to go and take enough palm-wine to ease off tensión. We were actually drunk all thru d game. grin

I did nt see some of d goals sef bc:
(1) it was a 12 inch black & white tv
(2) i was short sighted and did nt get d closest seat to d tv
(3) i was drunk!. cool

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Segun Odegbami? / Man Of The Match Award Of A Ghanian League Match / Knrc-kenya National Rally Championship 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.