Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

The Igala People In Anambra State - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Igala People In Anambra State (64506 Views)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) / Names Of Past And Present Attah Igala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Revolva(m): 10:01am On May 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Just listen to yourself

He is from nsukka in enugu state but now telling u history of nkpor in anambra....lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ur plan to annex igboland won't sell but since I see u not even bend on giving up even tomorrow let mee end it with that little ezike boy.

He said igala influenced nsukka in enugu state that's why they cohabit, no problem.

Igala and enugu state have something in common.........alright no problem just keep it that way.......

Any further stretch of history won't be tolerated or see light of th day.

But. Infact who are u working for?

I guess u working seriously for the northern oligarchy ( hausa fulani caliphate)

They have paid you and u are on a serious mission to igboland as usual....but u will fail.

Tell Ur northern masters, that it won't work.......

We are not yahya bello or oshiomole that worships the caliphate.

Is high time u stop because u won't succeed....tell that to the hausa fulani, u working for.

So someone from Enugu can't live in Anambra again why are you so daft Mr.man

Ode like you I know when you were a kid nobody told you any history

Am not after thing am just after history ok noting concern me and your yeye Biafra ok

Imagine what this young guy told me as been told by an older igbo man

Who are you ? Follow follow of kanu

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Nobody: 10:04am On May 06, 2019
Revolva:

Am not after thing am just after history ok noting concern me and your yeye Biafra ok

Kanu is God sent to redeem igboland from people like u working for hausa fulani caliphate.

1 Like

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Revolva(m): 10:08am On May 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Kanu is God sent to redeem igboland from people like u working for hausa fulani caliphate.

I even give kanu the respect more cos he is living large people like you will continue be followers

Calling igala northern yes we may be in present north central but what does that have to do with truth and I see you are a hater simple you are a tribalist and peoplw like you are the problem of what a typical Nigerian society faces

May the Gods of your land strike you for being an intolerant person

Na you carry igbo for head abi

You wey no no anytin about igbo heritage not even one

You are lost

Look at what this kid is telling me a compete igbo boy he is even showing me.more facts as being told

All what you think here is Biafra and someone want to succeed igbo land

Shame

1 Like

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Nobody: 10:12am On May 06, 2019
Revolva:

These guy who are u working for- sokoto caliphate abi.

Remove your eyes from igboland and wipe out that forged and warped history from your brain....

I now see u on a mission sent by hausa fulani annd u are doing that in full force....shame on u...u hv failed.

Kogi is hausa state...
Edo is hausa/yoruba states
Benue is hausa states.

Skew ur history towards that side this guy......

Stop this devilish mission here.

Please do not take him serious, he is trying to destroy the space with false information.

Disregard.
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Revolva(m): 10:59am On May 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

These guy who are u working for- sokoto caliphate abi.

Remove your eyes from igboland and wipe out that forged and warped history from your brain....

I now see u on a mission sent by hausa fulani annd u are doing that in full force....shame on u...u hv failed.

Kogi is hausa state...
Benue is hausa states.

Skew ur history towards that side this guy......

Stop this devilish mission here.

Please do not take him serious, he is trying to destroy the space with false information.

Disregard.

Illiterate like you

Bigot tribalist

Kogi is hausa state......
Benue is hausa states.

Look at what this Baffon just wrote if so then akwaibom and cross rivers and rivers state are igbo states

Ode like you

Tribalist

What do you mean by sokoto caliphate

How does that relate with what we are deliberating about Here

This young champ from Enugu ezike is even more brilliant than you

He even told me his great grand father married and idoma woman

Look you are quick to call the good people of Kogi Benue now Edo state people Hausa

I know you have a mental issue

Your brain is sunk with deep hatred for Hausa people that why you are joining all states that does not believe in ur stewpid Biafra to Hausa

Shame on you even nnamdi kanu want a piece of igala n idomas in his Biafra because he knew we are semi brothers nnamdi is a clever dude I wish him well in his dream not people like you when given power will over do rubbish

The way I see you

You must be someone based abroad that have not even stepped feet in igbo land

Na igbo for mouth you be and know notin about igbo heritage

2 Likes

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Nobody: 11:07am On May 06, 2019
Revolva:

Illiterate like you

Bigot tribalist

Look at what this Baffon just wrote if so then akwaibom and cross rivers and rivers state are igbo states

Ode like you

Tribalist

What do you mean by sokoto caliphate

How does that relate with what we are deliberating about Here

This young champ from Enugu ezike is even more brilliant than you

He even told me his great grand father married and idoma woman

Look you are quick to call the good people of Kogi Benue now Edo state people Hausa

I know you have a mental issue

Your brain is sunk with deep hatred for Hausa people that why you are joining all states that does not believe in ur stewpid Biafra to Hausa

Shame on you even nnamdi kanu want a piece of igala n idomas in his Biafra because he knew we are semi brothers nnamdi is a clever dude I wish him well in his dream not people like you when given power will over do rubbish

The way I see you

You must be someone based abroad that have not even stepped feet in igbo land

Na igbo for mouth you be and know notin about igbo heritage

I think I will be open a thread and warn everybody about this moniker Revolva....he is on a serious revolution mission.

Am suspecting u, u are on a serious mission.

Someone that doesn't give up easily is on mission.

We will start monitoring ur moniker closely to guide others on the information u spreading....around....

For u to call biafra stupid.....you are on a mission but u will fail.

2 Likes

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Revolva(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I think I will be open a thread and warn everybody about this moniker Revolva....he is on a serious revolution mission.

Am suspecting u, u are on a serious mission.

Someone that doesn't give up easily is on mission.

We will start monitoring ur moniker closely to guide others on the information u spreading....around....

For u to call biafra stupid.....you are on a mission but u will fail.

Na you go taya keep telling people about me

I don't even have your time instead you may be pushing traffic to me by doing that

Am here to school your empty brain

Internet warrior that does not know anything about his tribe all he knows is Biafra Biafra

Am not against ur Biafra ok but learn how to live with people ok

You are a low level igbo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Nobody: 11:19am On May 06, 2019
Revolva:

Na you go taya keep telling people about me

I don't even have your time instead you may be pushing traffic to me by doing that

Am here to school your empty brain

Internet warrior that does not know anything about his tribe all he knows is Biafra Biafra

Am not against ur Biafra ok but learn how to live with people ok

You are a low level igbo

Do u have any problem with biafra....??
We will only leave. For u to have peace in nigeria...

Am a full igbo man from anambra but will not buy that ur silly history that is only bent on causing confusion.

OK tell me what do u want to achieve with this history u trying to spread about?

What's ur aim?

Why bringing such things up in face of biafra agitation?

Is only an enemy that will bbe doing such.

Forget that history and face it politically and geographically

Anambra/enugu is south east
Kogi is north central( more of a Muslim state)
Edo is a yoruboid state with hausas also like Edo north.

Now u just wake up and start with moonlight tales.

Becareful on what u spread about....be careful.
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by bigfrancis21: 11:49am On May 06, 2019
Revolva:

What do you mean nobody said nsukka is not igbo they are telling you that nsukka have ancestry with igala you are here arguing are you an elder that reside there

So why is it possible that each time a chief is planted in nsukka the attah of igala have to ordain it

Nsukka are igalas who have been assimilated to become igbos ok not all part of nsukka but the central nsukka

Pls read and hear form the horses mouf

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/500-years-of-igalas-in-enugu.html

Abi do you know more than the elders of the town

I use to tell you igbos all Igbos are not of the same.origin

Northern Igbos share ancestry with igalas and the truth is written in the walls then who are you

Am not saying all Igbos I said northern igbos

Dude, Nsukka town has never been Igala. It is an indigenous Igbo town that fell under the leadership influence of Igalas during the rise of the Igala kingdom. Many Igbo towns around the border did incorporate certain Igala leadership features but that does not make them ancestrally Igala in anyway. Except the Ibajis who do share some Igbo ancestry, core Igalas and Igbos look physically different. Some Igalas did settle down in Nsukka town and by their next generation became Nsukka-Igbo speaking, but there is no shared blood ancestry between both groups greater than 10 to 20%.

ABS Anambra state broadcasts news in Igala to recognize the bi-lingual Igala natives of Olumbanasaa living around the state's border with Kogi, nothing extra special here about this.

7 Likes

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 06, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Dude, Nsukka town has never been Igala. It is an indigenous Igbo town that fell under the leadership influence of Igalas during the rise of the Igala kingdom. Many Igbo towns around the border did incorporate certain Igala leadership features but that does not make them ancestrally Igala in anyway. Except the Ibajis who do share some Igbo ancestry, core Igalas and Igbos look physically different. Some Igalas did settle down in Nsukka town and by their next generation became Nsukka-Igbo speaking, but there is no shared blood ancestry between both groups greater than 10 to 20%.

ABS Anambra state broadcasts news in Igala to recognize the bi-lingual Igala natives of Olumbanasaa living around the state's border with Kogi, nothing extra special here about this.

I can now go back to politics section were I wield so much influence in peace.

At least someone is here to correct that boy that is on a mission sent by the caliphate with tainted history to balkanize/annex igboland with moonlight tales under udala tree....

Revolva By the time am ready to run for anambra state governor and win, I will build a very high wall like that of trump between America and mexico.....so. That people like u can stay off.
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Revolva(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Yes you said it right ok that is what am telling that bomboklat but he kept putting words in my mouth

I never said the whole nsukka is igala I said some clans there came from igala long long ago to mix with them and even the elderly ones amongst dem know those who are of igala ancestry if you read that link very well you will see that ok its the same thing you emphasize here

But that osagyefo98 with his 1998 behavior kept misbehaving to hear that igalas I fluency northern Igbos and he is deeply sad about it

If you are Anambra governor go ahead and build a wall hahaha which can't even happen within communities that co exist long ago before you were even born before your father was born

Saying am part of a caliphate ... ridiculous shame on you

You have to read what bigfrancis21 said it's the same thing I was trying to say at the very beginning but he as so sad and started bringing his tribalist act to this post

Mr bigotry

1 Like

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 06, 2019
Yujin:
Lol. Revolva, your message is clear and well understood. Anyone who knows Igbo/Igala history will corroborate what you've been saying albeit with minor disagreement. This criminal (osagyefo88) you were battling with is an impostor and a heavy Igbo hater. He doesn't even want to hear about Biafra but has to appear so to you so he can confuse you to achieve his aim which is destroy any good relationship Igbos have with their neighbours. Ignore him if you come across him again. You can read through my posts of recent to see how I've been tackling him. It seems he's paid to do this ignoble job. Ignore him as he's not Igbo nor Igala.
Great to see you that you know your history very well.

This is outright violation of rule 2. And assassination of my character.
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Revolva(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2019
Yujin:
Lol. Revolva, your message is clear and well understood. Anyone who knows Igbo/Igala history will corroborate what you've been saying albeit with minor disagreement. This criminal (osagyefo88) you were battling with is an impostor and a heavy Igbo hater. He doesn't even want to hear about Biafra but has to appear so to you so he can confuse you to achieve his aim which is destroy any good relationship Igbos have with their neighbours. Ignore him if you come across him again. You can read through my posts of recent to see how I've been tackling him. It seems he's paid to do this ignoble job. Ignore him as he's not Igbo nor Igala.
Great to see you that you know your history very well.

I was so suprise that the guy was such a sadist towards all the proof I showed him

I have never seen such a stubborn minded igbo man

Such a hater of his neighbor's

Thank you for letting me know that I have been wasting my time with a mad man since
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Yujin(m): 9:46pm On May 06, 2019
Revolva:

I was so suprise that the guy was such a sadist towards all the proof I showed him

I have never seen such a stubborn minded igbo man

Such a hater of his neighbor's

Thank you for letting me know that I have been wasting my time with a mad man since
He's not Igbo.

1 Like

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Mrval20(m): 6:36am On May 07, 2019
bigfrancis21:

You're 100% correct. I'm from Nsukka and my late grandfather told me stories of how the Attah of Igala ruled them all the way from Igala kingdom.

Note that these are things he experienced and the ones his father and grandfather told him. None of them ever made mention of being descendants of the Igala kingdom, in fact a form of resentment existed towards the Igala people up till my dad's generation due to the exploitative and manipulative (hard jazz) nature of the Attah.

Since I'm not well versed in history and have never commented on a history thread here, I don't want to be seen as an expert whatsoever. I only happen to have real life stories passed down to me. Also, , this account could be peculiar to Nsukka LGA where I come from. I don't know if it's exactly the same for other parts of Nsukka as some parts share bothers with the Igalas and Idomas and people who live there speak both Igbo and any of those languages((Igala or Idoma) fluently but that's just about that I suppose.

3 Likes

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Yujin(m): 6:46am On May 08, 2019
Mrval20:

You're 100% correct. I'm from Nsukka and my late grandfather told me stories of how the Attah of Igala ruled them all the way from Igala kingdom.

Note that these are things he experienced and the ones his father and grandfather told him. None of them ever made mention of being descendants of the Igala kingdom, in fact a form of resentment existed towards the Igala people up till my dad's generation due to the exploitative and manipulative (hard jazz) nature of the Attah.

Since I'm not well versed in history and have never commented on a history thread here, I don't want to be seen as an expert whatsoever. I only happen to have real life stories passed down to me. Also, , this account could be peculiar to Nsukka LGA where I come from. I don't know if it's exactly the same for other parts of Nsukka as some parts share bothers with the Igalas and Idomas and people who live there speak both Igbo and any of those languages((Igala or Idoma) fluently but that's just about that I suppose.
What's the meaning of the name 'Asogwa' and Ossai. These names are found in Nsukka.
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Mrval20(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2019
Yujin:

What's the meaning of the name 'Asogwa' and Ossai. These names are found in Nsukka.
I sincerely don't know what they mean, I'm not very fluent.
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Yujin(m): 11:01am On May 09, 2019
Mrval20:

I sincerely don't know what they mean, I'm not very fluent.
Ok. Deje!
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by OMANBALA1: 4:41pm On May 09, 2019
Igbo/Anambra and Igala have very strong ancestral and culture link. A lot of us has Igala blood and don't even know it.

1 Like

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by OMANBALA1: 4:43pm On May 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I can now go back to politics section were I wield so much influence in peace.

At least someone is here to correct that boy that is on a mission sent by the caliphate with tainted history to balkanize/annex igboland with moonlight tales under udala tree....

Revolva By the time am ready to run for anambra state governor and win, I will build a very high wall like that of trump between America and mexico.....so. That people like u can stay off.

Relax, nigga. Igalas are not your enemy.
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by kingsmaila(m): 5:01pm On May 09, 2019
Good to know we have our people in other states. Please be proud of Igalas where ever you are. Omaye me gba

1 Like

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by bigfrancis21: 3:06am On May 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:
Igbo/Anambra and Igala have very strong ancestral and culture link. A lot of us has Igala blood and don't even know it.

@bold...Ibaji Igalas precisely. They share some relationship with the Igbos. Core Igalas of Dekina, Idah etc are more ancestrally divergent compared to the Ibajis.

1 Like

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Mrval20(m): 6:50am On May 10, 2019
Yujin:

Ok. Deje!
Deje o grin
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Revolva(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Relax, nigga. Igalas are not your enemy.

That guy is a psychopath
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Nobody: 7:30am On May 10, 2019
Revolva:

That guy is a psychopath

grin grin grin grin grin

I know you will be here.
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by Nobody: 9:53am On May 10, 2019
kingsmaila:
[s]Good to know we have our people in other states. Please be proud of Igalas where ever you are. Omaye me gba[/s]
Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by steveaj(m): 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
bigfrancis21:

I am quite aware of Igala residents in Anambra state who migrated to live in Anambra state. But what I have issue with is claiming areas they settled on as 'Igala' towns as if they met the towns empty when they arrived there.

There is a difference between acknowledging the presence of a people in an area as migrant vs recognition of a people as natives/aboriginals. The Igalas living in Anambra state are not natives but only migrants owing to the proximity of Igala land to Anambra north. Not one major contribution have they made to Anambra state only but crave the recognition of Anambra state as partly Igala state. In my opinion, that does not make sense. If they care so much about their ancestry, they can return to Kogi where they came from.
Those people you call migrants, do they have a land there? If they're Igalas and most land in that village belong to them what do u call the land? Either they migrated there or not, are they indigenes now? Why do u talk as if you're ethnocentric chauvinistic? You're no more in the stone age buddy. If there're Igala communities in Anam-Omambala state, it's the glory of the state. What do u think is the advantage of having a homogeneous state? Every part of the world including the Americas boast of their boast of their diversity, but here you are trying to turn a heterogeneous community to a homogeneous one. What do you stand to gain? Most people in Nzam are of Igala origin who now speak Igbo because of their constant long term romance with Igbo people. We cannot say Nzam is an Igbo land neither can we say Nzam is Igala land but the fact which is indisputable is, Nzam is 1. A mixed community 2. In Anambra state. Wait, with all these efforts you spent arguing this thing, are they taking any tribute from Nzam to Idah? Bro, try to act like someone in a modern day na. We're no more in stone age. Be proud that Anambra is heterogeneous buddy.
Spasiba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igala People In Anambra State by bigfrancis21: 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
steveaj:

Those people you call migrants, do they have a land there? If they're Igalas and most land in that village belong to them what do u call the land? Either they migrated there or not, are they indigenes now? Why do u talk as if you're ethnocentric chauvinistic? You're no more in the stone age buddy. If there're Igala communities in Anam-Omambala state, it's the glory of the state. What do u think is the advantage of having a homogeneous state? Every part of the world including the Americas boast of their boast of their diversity, but here you are trying to turn a heterogeneous community to a homogeneous one. What do you stand to gain? Most people in Nzam are of Igala origin who now speak Igbo because of their constant long term romance with Igbo people. We cannot say Nzam is an Igbo land neither can we say Nzam is Igala land but the fact which is indisputable is, Nzam is 1. A mixed community 2. In Anambra state. Wait, with all these efforts you spent arguing this thing, are they taking any tribute from Nzam to Idah? Bro, try to act like someone in a modern day na. We're no more in stone age. Be proud that Anambra is heterogeneous buddy.
Spasiba

Well Nzam isn’t Igala land. Nzam has always been Igboland which was invaded by the Igala general, Gen Ajida, and settled by Igalas. Native Igbos were chased away and they reinforced with other Igbos and reclaimed the land back from the Igalas. In the past, Igalas seemed to have a strong penchant for heading down south and invading Northern Igbo areas, for example Nsukka.Just like the Aros, Igalas, especially the Attah, were highly feared and revered and some Igalas were allowed to stay in Nzam, leading to the bilingual nature of the town. Also, you can’t have ‘Igala land’ situated deep in Igboland and surrounded by Igbo speakers. It’s common sense. If we had an Igbo speaking village (umuogbe for example) located in the middle of Igala land, close to Idah, for example, would you call it Igboland or rather would the narrative be that the Igbos there are migrants/settlers? I leave you to answer the question yourself.

Any Igala located within the fringes of the Igbo speaking area is a settler/migrant. True Igala land ends around the Ibaji border.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos Of The Women Who Have Left Ooni Of Ife / Oba Adejuyigbe Adefunmi With 7 Wives Spotted Chilling In The US. Photos / 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.