Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Power Of The Oppressor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Power Of The Oppressor (581 Views)

The Miraculous! Video Of The Power Of Prayer And In The Name Of Jesus! / The Raw Power Of God At CCT Deliverance Ministries... / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Of The Oppressor by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
"Then I looked again at all the acts of oppression which were being done under the sun. And behold I saw the tears of the oppressed and that they had no one to comfort them; and on the side of their oppressors was power, but they had no one to comfort them. 2So I congratulated the dead who are already dead more than the living who are still living.…"- Ecclesiastes 4:1

This is not a challenge to God's word, but a wonder as to why the oppressor has so much power over the oppressed and there is usually no one to deliver, at least at that initial point.

The Government oppress the youth, the police oppress the citizens, the army kills it's citizens or tortures them, husbands oppress their wives and children , the rich oppress the poor, the beautiful oppress the 'ugly' , the employer oppresses the employees , armed robbers oppress everybody and the list goes on and on.

My question is why do the oppressed have so much power and leeway to oppress and why in most cases are the burdens of the oppressed not alleviated, at least immediately ?
Re: Power Of The Oppressor by plaetton: 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
frosbel:
"Then I looked again at all the acts of oppression which were being done under the sun. And behold I saw the tears of the oppressed and that they had no one to comfort them; and on the side of their oppressors was power, but they had no one to comfort them. 2So I congratulated the dead who are already dead more than the living who are still living.…"- Ecclesiastes 4:1

This is not a challenge to God's word, but a wonder as to why the oppressor has so much power over the oppressed and there is usually no one to deliver, at least at that initial point.

The Government oppress the youth, the police oppress the citizens, the army kills it's citizens or tortures them, husbands oppress their wives and children , the rich oppress the poor, the beautiful oppress the 'ugly' , the employer oppresses the employees , armed robbers oppress everybody and the list goes on and on.

My question is why do the oppressed have so much power and leeway to oppress and why in most cases are the burdens of the oppressed not alleviated, at least immediately ?

Simple Darwinism.
Re: Power Of The Oppressor by hahn(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
That's just how life works. Even when you fight for the oppressed, you end up being oppressed by the oppressed themselves.

I'd much rather be an oppressor
Re: Power Of The Oppressor by esere826: 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
frosbel:

the oppressors have the zeal to carry out what they which. they also are able to reap their reward immediately
they are barely encumbered by any moral burdens to desist from such acts

those like you who should be defenders, do not have the zeal to actually take actions to defend the oppressed. If you do, you do not reap any financial rewards.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will You Thank For The Fact That You Are Able To Experience Sleep? / The Anatomical And Physiological Details Of Death By Crucifixion / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (thurs August 13th 2015)- PLEAD THE BLOOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.