Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield (30511 Views)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Leicesters Vs Manchester United:Community Shield (1 - 2) On 7th August 2016 / Mourinho Throws Away Community Shield Medal--- GOAL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by MadCow1: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Madcow?

Not every person loves sick and twisted humor

Given your relationship to the admins here....Bias.

Agreed not everyone loves sick and twisted humour.

But I believe you are particularly upset by this thread (your own thread) making the frontpage at this time because the joke is on you..

My advice; Don't take it so hard, it's a joke not a Diick.

And what relationship with what mod do you speak of Sir.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Eberex(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
Boom! Boom!! Boom!!!

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
MadCow1:

Sick mind you said? Very funny as well..

Get some humour in your life hommie and stop talking as if the issue at hand here involved someone's life.

The OP put up a thread that detailed why Arsenal would lose to Chelsea and alas the opposite happened. Yes the bringing of the thread to the front page may have been delayed and after the fact, but it just goes to show the OP who spent his time and energy typing up that long epistle (assuming it isn't a plagerielsed article) that in Football, anything can happen.

I found it funny, you didn't. . Still does not make it okay for you to moan the way you did over nothing. Not all front page articles must contain serious articles or breaking news..

Madcow.

First of all, my article is not plagiarised. Please be careful before you insinuate nonsense.

If you read football sites, you would find that many make predictions based on analysis of the past matches and strenghts of individual teams.

And please, I and everyone else that makes predictions about football matches know that it could go either way. We make predictions because it is always interesting to compare statistics and actual results. If you bothered to read my article, you would see that I researched heavily into the match.

Please, what did mods did is very silly. First, they block me from modifying my thread and then they post it to the front page almost 48 hours after the match.

If they posted it before the match, ok
If they posted it during the match, ok
If they posted it the same day but after the match, manageable.

Seriously, i find your humour to be sick. Why would you defend this? What purpose does posting this to the front page today serve other than to ridicule the op?

Worse, why did they block me from modifying the thread to put some context?
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
MadCow1:

Agreed not everyone loves sick and twisted humour.

But I believe you are particularly upset by this thread (your own thread) making the frontpage at this time because the joke is on you..

My advice; Don't take it so hard, it's a joke not a Diick.

And what relationship with what mod do you speak of Sir.

You must really think that I'm foolish to be asking the question in bold. As if you dont know who you're close to on NL.

What happened is very unfair. I can take criticism and mockery but this is targeted cyberbullying.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Eberex(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

First of all, my article is not plagiarised. Please be careful before you insinuate nonsense.

If you read football sites, you would find that many make predictions based on analysis of the past matches and strenghts of individual teams.

And please, I and everyone else that makes predictions about football matches know that it could go either way. We make predictions because it is always interesting to compare statistics and actual results. If you bothered to read my article, you would see that I researched heavily into the match.

Please, what did mods did is very silly. First, they block me from modifying my thread and then they post it to the front page almost 48 hours after the match.

Seriously, i find your humour to be sick. Why would you defend this? What purpose does posting this to the front page today serve other than to ridicule the op?

How are we sure the MOD's know anything about football and the live matches
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by IbokUtoroh(m): 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

grin
Still a gooner

u be TOY GUN, ..No be gunner wey i follow be.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

See how you talk rubbish? First you argue that one should reason independently and now you are saying that I should reason like a group of diehard arsenal supporters.

I want Arsenal to win all their matches. But why should I not use my brain?

Are you telling me that I should say that an underdog is more likely to defeat the statistically better team?

I support Arsenal and wanted Arsenal to win but chelsea had the advantage going to that match.

To make an extreme example, are you saying that a division one team supporter eg (Bradford) should state that they can beat Real Madrid?

Are you also saying that sports predictions with analysis should not be done because it is 50/50 odds in a knockout match?

Did Chelsea start the match with 13 players against Arsenal's 11? What advantage exactly did you see Chelsea having?

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Acekidc4(m): 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Damfostopper:
Who make dis stupid post fp...dis has pass na...r d mods sick ?

All the MoDs are High on Ijebu Garrigringrin
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
Eberex:

How are we sure the MOD's know anything about football and the live matches

Good question
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
teekay12:

Did Chelsea start the match with 13 players against Arsenal's 11? What advantage exactly did you see Chelsea having?

undecided
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Eberex(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Anyway Wenger is learning. Former wenger would instruct his players to go all out and score more goals after the first one. But my dear Professor changed formation and sat deep.

He gave Mourinho his own taste of medicine.

It only shows that every team has a pattern in which they can be beaten. Its just that Wenger always choose to be stubborn and play the same pattern all the time. Hence Mourinho is not special at all, the only thing is he has studied arsenal game to know what to do to beat them.

He thought arsenal would play their normal stylish game again. poor Jose! grin
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by MadCow1: 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

You must really think that I'm foolish to be asking the question in bold. As if you dont know who you're close to on NL.

What happened is very unfair. I can take criticism and mockery but this is targeted cyberbullying.

On the issue of foolishness, I have neither said anything nor implied that you are in my post. If you feel that way, it your own making not mine. It's news to me that I am close to Moderators on Nairaland. Thanks though, I must say I feel flattered that you think that way.

Speaking of cyberbullying.. grin hmmm.. I wouldn't call it that, let's just say it football banter and the mod who brought your post to the frontpage just dropped a killer blow. The mod is prolly an Arsenal fan trying to rub their win in your face.. grin Assuming you are a Chelsea fan.

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
MadCow1:

On the issue of foolishness, I have neither said anything nor implied that you are in my post. If you feel that way, it your own making not mine. It's news to me that I am close to Moderators on Nairaland. Thanks though, I must say I feel flattered that you think that way.

Speaking of cyberbullying.. grin hmmm.. I wouldn't call it that, let's just say it football banter and the mod who brought your post to the frontpage just dropped a killer blow. The mod is prolly an Arsenal fan trying to rub their win in your face.. grin Assuming you are a Chelsea fan.

When my American friends say that Nigerians have a warped sense of justice......

Sit down and think of what you just said in bold.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
Eberex:
Anyway Wenger is learning. Former wenger would instruct his players to go all out and score more goals after the first one. But my dear Professor changed formation and sat deep.

He gave Mourinho his own taste of medicine.

It only shows that every team has a pattern in which they can be beaten. Its just that Wenger always choose to be stubborn and play the same pattern all the time. Hence Mourinho is not special at all, the only thing is he has studied arsenal game to know what to do to beat them.

He thought arsenal would play their normal stylish game again. poor Jose! grin

That is what happened. Arsenal added a physical dimension to their game. The were ready to bully Hazard, Falcao and Remy.

A different Arsenal.

See what I said in the op

Arsenal will have to be consistent in playing their formidable attacking style that has given them a lot of goals and wins on their recent preseason matches in order to be able to defeat Chelsea........

......This means that Arsenal must do something different against Chelsea
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Eberex(m): 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

That is what happened. Arsenal added a physical dimension to their game. The were ready to bully Hazard, Falcao and Remy.

A different Arsenal.

See what I said in the op

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by MadCow1: 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Lol.. I had no idea I was gonna be responding to you twice I would have lumped both posts together..

But here goes nothing; Your opening line shows you read my post in a haste and thus failed to take the time out to understand it otherwise you would have spotted the word "assuming" that preceeded the line that spoke about plagerism. I didn't insinuate that it was plagerised, if anything, I gave you the benefit of doubt.

I do Infact read football sites (most especially articles that have to do with my team) and understand the whole concept of football analysis and predictions and there is nothing wrong with it. If you also do read them as well as you seem to do, you would also notice that many time they don't always get it right, case in point being yourself and this thread. grin Like I have learnt, IN SOCCER, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.. Your said research is all good and well, but the results of the game showed your research was not as accurate as you may have thought as most of the areas you expected Arsenal to falter in happened to be the opposite, example; the midfield. What I really don't get is why you are so pained about being wrong on a prediction. If you were supposed to be dead right, it wouldn't be a prediction but reality.

On the mods blocking you from modifying your thread, I can't speak to their reason for doing that but then again why would you want to change it now? Because your prediction was shot to pieces by the realities or what?

All I am saying is stop taking this too seriously. Even a mod like Mukina2 has had her (still not sure of the sex of this mod and yet I am supposed to be best buds with the Nairaland mods) fair share of jibes in the sports section.

If you feel ridiculed by your own thread making the front page, then maybe you shouldn't have even put it up in the first place. undecided And modifying this thread after the fact is a bit ch move. So should all those who made comments on the thread also modify theirs?

Dude... Chill the fhuck out and just roll with the punches. You posted it so you better stand by it..

Nuff said.

Madcow... cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by MadCow1: 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

When my American friends say that Nigerians have a warped sense of justice......

Sit down and think of what you just said in bold.

Fhuck your American Friends. This is Africa.. Maybe you should stick to posting on American forums where their humour is better suited to your taste.

Don't expect us to conform to your rules.

Your post was not edited or altered by the mod. So why the fhuck are you whining like a bit ch because the Mods put you on blast? grin

Dude the more you whine about this, the worse it looks for you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by gabazin080(m): 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
bqlekan:
Abeg which MOD brought this to FP, surely not a football fan grin match wey both teams don forget
I guess the op been in coma for weeks and just woke up to bring this to fp
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
MadCow1:

But here goes nothing; Your opening line shows you read my post in a haste and thus failed to take the time out to understand it otherwise you would have spotted the word "assuming" that preceeded the line that spoke about plagerism. I didn't insinuate that it was plagerised, if anything, I gave you the benefit of doubt.

You should not have brought plagiarism up. Period.

MadCow1:

I do Infact read football sites (most especially articles that have to do with my team) and understand the whole concept of football analysis and predictions and there is nothing wrong with it. If you also do read them as well as you seem to do, you would also notice that many time they don't always get it right, case in point being yourself and this thread. grin Like I have learnt, IN SOCCER, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.. Your said research is all good and well, but the results of the game showed your research was not as accurate as you may have thought as most of the areas you expected Arsenal to falter in happened to be the opposite, example; the midfield. What I really don't get is why you are so pained about being wrong on a prediction. If you were supposed to be dead right, it wouldn't be a prediction but reality.

Stop saying nonsense. Predictions go wrong all the time. I never said that I was supposed to be dead right, I just said that my analysis was full of facts.

MadCow1:

On the mods blocking you from modifying your thread, I can't speak to their reason for doing that but then again why would you want to change it now? Because your prediction was shot to pieces by the realities or what?

The blocking was wrong. Please just stop being dishonest.

I wanted to give this thread context and update it. I would have said that "This thread was written a day before the match and it is the mods wish to put it up 48 hrs after the match."

MadCow1:

All I am saying is stop taking this too seriously. Even a mod like Mukina2 has had her (still not sure of the sex of this mod and yet I am supposed to be best buds with the Nairaland mods) fair share of jibes in the sports section.

This is a different issue. Also, I didnt say anything about you and Mukina2

MadCow1:

If you feel ridiculed by your own thread making the front page, then maybe you shouldn't have even put it up in the first place. undecided And modifying this thread after the fact is a bit ch move. So should all those who made comments on the thread also modify theirs?

Professional bloggers and news sites make corrections and updates to their articles all the time. Please don't be ignorant.

Secondly, context and timing matters. My thread made the front page at a time that it should not have.

And saying that I should not have put it up in the first place is just bad logic. I did not ask for it to be put at the front page at an obsolete time. The same way a christian in the north would not want his religion to be publicised to his neighbours during boko haram insurgency.

Timing matters
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
MadCow1:

Fhuck your American Friends. This is Africa.. Maybe you should stick to posting on American forums where their humour is better suited to your taste.

Don't expect us to conform to your rules.

Your post was not edited or altered by the mod. So why the fhuck are you whining like a bit ch because the Mods put you on blast? grin

Dude the more you whine about this, the worse it looks for you.

Timing and context matters a lot.

The analysis is only useful before the match. The timing of the thread is next to nonsense. This was done to get people to insult and mock me. Knowing that football fans are the worst at not cursing and insulting other team members, why was this thread put on the front page?

Should we go and start mocking all the sites that predicted wrongly?

Just even look at your hypocrisy. You saw something wrong in the islam section and put it in your signature. It would be easy to describe you as whining for the islam section
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by bqlekan(m): 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
gabazin080:
I guess the op been in coma for weeks and just woke up to bring this to fp
Abeg no be me talk am o... but i think you are right.. grin
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by gabazin080(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
bqlekan:
Abeg no be me talk am o... but i think you are right.. grin
abi na, where d mod dey before the match
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by bqlekan(m): 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
gabazin080:
abi na, where d mod dey before the match
grin guy you wan land me for trouble abi. ehn? grin
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by gabazin080(m): 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
bqlekan:
grin guy you wan land me for trouble abi. ehn? grin
guy you fall my hand sha.
So you dey among people wey dey fear ban?
As for me, them don ban me and na dem come tire.
See my signature
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by bqlekan(m): 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
gabazin080:
guy you fall my hand sha.
So you dey among people wey dey fear ban?
As for me, them don ban me and na dem come tire.
See my signature
no be so jhur, just that for almost 8 years on nl, i never get one ban, why e go be now.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by purpinkx(m): 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
Maybe the mod thought it's this weekend .
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I don't believe what I just said
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by tosyne2much(m): 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]Douglass Grant:

''I have said before Arsenal will beat Chelsea on Sunday, without Alexis Sanchez, they are in different class now, you underestimate the Arsenal now they beat you, they have got Petr Cech fantastic world class signing, 3 games, 3 wins and 3 trophies within a month, as i have said these things before they happen so that when they do happen you know i said it. You could see how much better Arsenal now playing counter attack. They are a different team this season and will fight for the title. The scoreline would have been 2-0 or 3-0 with Alexis Sanchez on the pitch. With Petr Cech, Alexis Sanchez, Coquelin, Bellerin and Koscielny and Chamberlain, Chelsea should be worried this season. They have got Hazard who is better than Cristiano Ronaldo according to Mourinho, is it silly to compare Hazard to Ronaldo? i think so. Hazard is not a better player than Arsenals Alexis Sanchez for me. On a tactical basis, the way Arsenal and Chelsea approach this curtain raiser match is not different to the previous thirteen meetings. Petr Cech will break the clean sheet record at Arsenal''

[/size]
Nice one bro cool
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by tosyne2much(m): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

Fake ARSENAL FAN LIKE YOU
This is not the matter of fake Arsenal fan

The truth of the matter is that no one would ever thought Arsenal would win that match
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by tosyne2much(m): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
Sanguine77:
Feel free to eat, fry, cook and chop your words.
Na so now

League still dey dia nah :tongue
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Eberex(m): 7:16am On Aug 05, 2015
tosyne2much:
This is not the matter of fake Arsenal fan

The truth of the matter is that no one would ever thought Arsenal would win that match

Which truth ? Speak for yourself.
Re: 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield by Sunnypa11(m): 8:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Fake fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 9th September 2017 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 2) On 22nd September 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.