Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Guarantee Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Guarantee Scam (666 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen / Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen / Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Guarantee Scam by obrian(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
I just found out that the two screen warranty that was advertised with the Samsung S5 is actually a scam!

I bought one of the S5 phones last year September from an accredited Samsung dealer and they confirmed to me that the screen warranty was still available as at then, infact they registered my phone for the warranty on the spot!

Unfortunately, the screen broke sometime in July and I took the phone back to the same dealer who sold it to me. He actually received the phone and promised to send it to their service center for repairs under the warranty, only for me to go back there yesterday (after three weeks) and was told that it cannot be repaired under the warranty because Samsung International had not paid for previous screen repairs made under the warranty!

On further enquiries, I was told that they could repair it at a cost of N38,500!

This is a total breach of contract please.

Anyone who can pass this message on to the relevant Samsung authorities should kindly assist in doing so.

I might as well buy a new phone with that amount!

Thanx.

(1) (Reply)

Specifications To Consider When Choosing A Smartphone / Blackberry Passport / .::AI Will Replace Smartphones Within 5 Years, Ericsson Survey Suggests::.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.