Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,836 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Reading and Retaining Information - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reading and Retaining Information (605 Views)

After Reading This You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water Again / Make Sure You Call Me For Testimony After Reading And Doing This / You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reading and Retaining Information by xtreme07(m): 6:39am On Aug 02, 2015
How do you guys read and retain information?

Readers are leaders....one of my goal is becoming an avid and voracious reader but i find it difficult to achieve such feat due to this challenges.

I can read silently i.e mind reading for hours without getting tired easily but i find it difficult to retain much information concerning what i read but when i tried the method of reading out loud i.e vocalising and hearing yourself read, i hardly forget any information but the problem is my voice get crack and gets tired easily there by reducing the amount of time i spent reading and cracking my voice in the process.

Please what do i need to do to help me overcome this seemingly insurmountable challenge.

Please MOD do the needful so i can get lots of vital tips.
Re: Reading and Retaining Information by sseunth(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2015
My tricks, follow this step it might help you,

Jot the main points while reading and the points that might be useful.(Make sure you read everything so that you will understand the main point)

Make sure you take a break when reading for a longer time

Read the jottings anytime you wanna read. Read it all over again and again (instead of reading the whole handout or textbook, read the jottings again). So before exam or anything you would have read the joTtings up to 10times

Avoiding cramming. Try and understand what you are reading. If you are unable to understand it, meet the iwe ogba to explain to you.

Read the whole handout/ textbook maybe once in a month just to refreshen your memory on the main points you have jotted down.
Re: Reading and Retaining Information by xtreme07(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2015
sseunth:
My tricks, follow this step it might help you,

Jot the main points while reading and the points that might be useful.(Make sure you read everything so that you will understand the main point)

Make sure you take a break when reading for a longer time

Read the jottings anytime you wanna read. Read it all over again and again (instead of reading the whole handout or textbook, read the jottings again). So before exam or anything you would have read the joTtings up to 10times

Avoiding cramming. Try and understand what you are reading. If you are unable to understand it, meet the iwe ogba to explain to you.

Read the whole handout/ textbook maybe once in a month just to refreshen your memory on the main points you have jotted down.

thanks seunth for your advice...

(1) (Reply)

Wonders Of Moringa / Causes Of Diabetes / A Full Text Of Prostrate Health Awareness Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.