Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,414 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1218916 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Bookiemart01(f): 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
Please create your thread! Don't derail this!

Empicstar:
[s]BUY FIBER ENCLOSURES in Nigeria@ Empic Star int'l ltd empicstar@yahoo.com

Call: 08034286012
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 8:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello friends,

Please, can I have the CBN e-mail address for complaint? FirstBank fraudulently stole almost all the money in my account and leaving me with just a little less than 2,000N.

Thanks.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
yemi2plus:
Hello friends,

Please, can I have the CBN e-mail address for complaint? FirstBank fraudulently stole almost all the money in my account and leaving me with just a little less than 2,000N.

Thanks.

Lol, grin what did they do? cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
mavinc4u:

Lol, grin what did they do? cpd@cbn.gov.ng

Thanks!

When I noticed the sudden disappearance of the amount from my account, I visited a branch inside my school to lodge a complain. The customer care representatives were quite busy with people who either came for BVN registration or linkage.

However, they took me as a fool as though I knew not what I was doing. They kept directing me from one desk to another and refuse my request to use their telephone to speak with their headquarters.

Finally, I got a complaint form, filled it and gave it to the CC agent I believe handle such issue, I actually though he will look into it immediately. I was disappointed when he told me to come tomorrow, that they will investigate the issue. I left but I'm not optimistic enough with the branch as almost everything is tribalised in here.

Hence, the reason I want to take it a step forward by involving Central Bank of Nigeria for faster resolution of the sudden disappearance of the money. It happened without any form of debit alert or whatsoever.

I'll update the house as the issue progresses. One more thing, I'll be glad if I get the format used when banks charged extra rate after transaction has been carried out.

Regards.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
yemi2plus:
Hello friends,

Thanks.
Eeehn? shocked shocked You don't even need to mail CBN. Storm into the branch you use often and reign fire on all of them. From the customer care people to the manager. Na there there dem go return your money.

For this naija? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
tonjeola:
try it and feed us back, just use $1. Good morning
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
iAmCharis:
Eeehn? shocked shocked You don't even need to mail CBN. Storm into the branch you use often and reign fire on all of them. From the customer care people to the manager. Na there there dem go return your money.

For this naija? undecided undecided

The environment I find myself presently doesn't allow such behaviour; it could be tagged an attempt to cause social or public disorder and an avenue to rob the bank.

It's an academic setting that is highly tribalised and as one for the minority group, I have learnt to do things diplomatically pending when I leave here. I don't wish to have issue with the school authority as the environment is presently tribal tensed due to the likelihood of a power shift. This is not the best time to pull such stunt.

Whoever have the format I requested above should kindly post it here. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
yemi2plus:

Thanks!

When I noticed the sudden disappearance of the amount from my account, I visited a branch inside my school to lodge a complain. The customer care representatives were quite busy with people who either came for BVN registration or linkage.

However, they took me as a fool as though I knew not what I was doing. They kept directing me from one desk to another and refuse my request to use their telephone to speak with their headquarters.

Finally, I got a complaint form, filled it and gave it to the CC agent I believe handle such issue, I actually though he will look into it immediately. I was disappointed when he told me to come tomorrow, that they will investigate the issue. I left but I'm not optimistic enough with the branch as almost everything is tribalised in here.

Hence, the reason I want to take it a step forward by involving Central Bank of Nigeria for faster resolution of the sudden disappearance of the money. It happened without any form of debit alert or whatsoever.

I'll update the house as the issue progresses. One more thing, I'll be glad if I get the format used when banks charged extra rate after transaction has been carried out.

Regards.

Send a mail to e-business@firstbanknigeria.com . They should be able to attend to the issue.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 26, 2015
yemi2plus:

The environment I find myself presently doesn't allow such behaviour; it could be tagged an attempt to cause social or public disorder and an avenue to rob the bank.

It's an academic setting that is highly tribalised and as one for the minority group, I have learnt to do things diplomatically pending when I leave here. I don't wish to have issue with the school authority as the environment is presently tribal tensed due to the likelihood of a power shift. This is not the best time to pull such stunt.

Whoever have the format I requested above should kindly post it here. Thanks.
Ehya quite unfortunate. Let's hope something good comes out of the official way you're following real quick. Wish you the best.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2015
Pls can I receive paypal fund on my nigeria paypal account?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 7:32am On Nov 26, 2015
Zface:
Pls can I receive paypal fund on my nigeria paypal account?

Nooo
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 7:38am On Nov 26, 2015
Mariesio:

Nooo
Thanks
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mployer(m): 8:20am On Nov 26, 2015
Hey Guys,
I know the person behind the bank exorbitant card rates. He is a senior staff at stanbic IBTC.

He monitors this thread, and notifies every bank that charges a lower rate. He tries to mobilize the banks to charge uniform rate of 220 and above. Infact he tells them the rate is 225 so stanbic will remain lowest at 220.

Wale pls this rubbish has to stop. Don't push people to the wall. I will post your contacts here if this doesn't stop angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 8:34am On Nov 26, 2015
Stanbic #218.46/$ 25th Nov

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by pretts(f): 8:46am On Nov 26, 2015
GTBank deducted 166,317.66 on 25/11 for a payment of £500 made on 24/11...this translates to £1 = 332.635ngn on a GTBank Naira MasterCard.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by makeupgal: 9:14am On Nov 26, 2015
Does it mean that first bank is no longer $=#200 @ mployer
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 9:26am On Nov 26, 2015
mployer:

Hey Guys,
I know the person behind the bank exorbitant card rates. He is a senior staff at stanbic IBTC.

He monitors this thread, and notifies every bank that charges a lower rate. He tries to mobilize the banks to charge uniform rate of 220 and above. Infact he tells them the rate is 225 so stanbic will remain lowest at 220.

Wale pls this rubbish has to stop. Don't push people to the wall. I will post your contacts here if this doesn't stop angry
shocked
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by makeupgal: 10:19am On Nov 26, 2015
Fbn visa prepaid #228=$ for a transaction of $27.10
Back stanbic
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 10:54am On Nov 26, 2015
mployer:

Hey Guys,

I knew from beginning and I said it here. That was why I refused to tell people about the bank am using that was charging N200 but now charges less than N200. This thread was created for good but as a Nigerian mentality have it, some of the bank staffs view this thread as to extort their customers more. Most of them had called me on phone just trying to get information about the bank I used but I refused to tell them.

makeupgal:
Fbn visa prepaid #228=$ for a transaction of $27.10 Back stanbic

Thank you for this dear, I stated this on the thread where op said firstbank visa prepaid card is charging N200 that I tried the card and I was charged N220 plus but one confused fellow on that thread was busy blabbing.

If what mployer said is true then it means that firstbank visa card was actually charging N200 but was changed to N220 plus
after the guy has contacted them; silly human.

Update

Just checked now and the person blabbing on the other thread is Mployer, how are we sure you are not one of them or probably the stanbic senior staff because I don't understand how you can be beating drum and dancing to it as well. Don't mind me but mavinc4u says it the way she sees it.

I am sorry to say that this thread has been hijacked for wrong intention other than for the purpose it was created so if you use any card and is N200 and below, please keep their name to yourself to avoid stories but if you want stories then you can spill their name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2015
Mariesio:

Oh, they have started coming down, tell them to try harder because there are banks with N204 and N180 rate

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by effectz123(m): 11:35am On Nov 26, 2015
mavinc4u:

Oh, they have started coming down, tell them to try harder because there are banks with N204 and N180 rate

please if you know any bank that charges at that rate you mentioned. Please help a friend in need. You can PM me for privacy.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 11:44am On Nov 26, 2015
mavinc4u:

shocked shocked
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by winetapper: 11:52am On Nov 26, 2015
onatisi:
I predicted it here that the dollar will be as high as 250 by December ending.
me am saying 260 undecided
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
winetapper:
me am saying 260 undecided
there is nothing that the government can do which can stop the devaluation of the naira,it is just a matter of weeks away. I will advise anyone to buy anything now that the is still 238

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
i made payment yesterday night, i was charged N220/$1
Mariesio:
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
no wonder my transaction didn't went through yesterday
makeupgal:
Fbn visa prepaid #228=$ for a transaction of $27.10
Back stanbic
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
tonjeola:
i made payment yesterday night, i was charged N220/$1

See the pix

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Marpol: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
Its 218.46 and not 220.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
UPDATE:

I was at the bank around 11am this morning after my exam.

According to the customer representative, some money actually disappeared from my account but he didn't know the reason as it was yet to be updated on their database.

He claimed my online transaction for Wednesday (the day I noticed the disappearance) was also yet to reflect on their database as well and can't say the reason for the sudden disappearance of the money until my last transaction reflect.

He said I should come back by Wednesday next week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
yemi2plus:
UPDATE:

I was at the bank around 11am this morning after my exam.

According to the customer representative, some money actually disappeared from my account but he didn't know the reason as it was yet to be updated on their database.

He claimed my online transaction for Wednesday (the day I noticed the disappearance) was also yet to reflect on their database as well and can't say the reason for the sudden disappearance of the money until my last transaction reflect.

He said I should come back by Wednesday next week.

What!!!! Next Wednesday!!!!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mployer(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
mavinc4u:

I knew from beginning and I said it here. That was why I refused to tell people about the bank am using that was charging N200 but now charges less than N200. This thread was created for good but as a Nigerian mentality have it, some of the bank staffs view this thread as to extort their customers more. Most of them had called me on phone just trying to get information about the bank I used but I refused to tell them.

Thank you for this dear, I stated this on the thread where op said firstbank visa prepaid card is charging N200 that I tried the card and I was charged N220 plus but one confused fellow on that thread was busy blabbing.

If what mployer said is true then it means that firstbank visa card was actually charging N200 but was changed to N220 plus
after the guy has contacted them; silly human.

Update

Just checked now and the person blabbing on the other thread is Mployer, how are we sure you are not one of them or probably the stanbic senior staff because I don't understand how you can be beating drum and dancing to it as well. Don't mind me but mavinc4u says it the way she sees it.

I am sorry to say that this thread has been hijacked for wrong intention other than for the purpose it was created so if you use any card and is N200 and below, please keep their name to yourself to avoid stories but if you want stories then you can spill their name.

Bro, I didn't make that post for you to believe. I know you won't.

I made it for for the person in question to know I am aware of what is happening. If I confront him he will deny it.

He is my friend. I went to meet him to thank him for low card rate from IBTC and also notify him about the delay in debit sms. We talked long and I told him IBTC was the lowest(200), followed by Access (208). My mistake was underestimating his influence in the bank.

We spoke on Sunday evening and by Monday morning IBTC became 207. Then later 212. I met him and asked him what happened. He said he doesn't know, but atleast they are still the lowest. Infact, he made a bet with me that they will still remain the lowest.

Over time IBTC has gothen to 220 and still one of the lowest. I am afraid IBTC may get to 230 and still remain the lowest.

like I said earlier, I don't expect anybody to believe. I want him to see this post. He will know I wrote it. He has frustrated my business and still doing same.

I am not bothered about IBTC increasing their rate, but manipulating other banks to keep IBTC lowest is what I don't like.

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Adebayolove(m): 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
It's so unfortunate that this thread has been hijacked. What was meant to help out one another has been turned to a weapon against us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.