Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,278 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

The Abject Dearth Of Customer Service In Our Businesses - My 'Ponderings' - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Abject Dearth Of Customer Service In Our Businesses - My 'Ponderings' (4297 Views)

Buhari Is Hurting Our Businesses In Nigeria - American Govt. / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) / Living In Abject Poverty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Abject Dearth Of Customer Service In Our Businesses - My 'Ponderings' by Seun(m): 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
Moved to Business/Money Section.
Re: The Abject Dearth Of Customer Service In Our Businesses - My 'Ponderings' by 2blunt: 2:18am On Jul 29, 2011
Hi pple, dis is d most appealing n interesting topic I av read on dis forum, customers service in Nigeria is far from ZERO, but I try 2 do one thing which is and is still working 4 M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥, I don't allow any one give M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ what I don't dish out 2 other pple. I have a rule taking from d BIBLE-"whatsoever ye that men would do to U̶̲̥̅̊, do it even so to dem". If u give M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ attitude, or treat M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ or talk any how, I call u 2 other instantly, I don't take it, I don't, if am paying 4 a service, I ALWAYS spell out d terms clearly, incase u mess up, but it really been working 4 M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥, cos at d end d person will calmly apologize.
Re: The Abject Dearth Of Customer Service In Our Businesses - My 'Ponderings' by AjanleKoko: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
tollu:

Hmmmm

It's been well over a year since I made this post. In that period, I found myself in customer service and let's just say that it really isn't that hard to make the people who come to us for assistance happy.

I've enjoyed myself and received numerous compliments and appreciations. Nigerian customers are mostly easy to serve and usually show their appreciation when served right.

I'm on a peronal campaign to take customer service to another level in Nigeria, does anyone have any suggestions? What I do currently isn't quite far reaching enough.

Well . . .
I don't think your job will empower you enough to make much impact, sadly. But you can study the various customer management disciplines on your own professionally, and see how you can turn it into a career. Get as much experience as you can though, starting from where you are currently. Look within for opportunities to learn and grow in that area.

I must say, a lot of the large corporates in Nigeria have started to look more seriously at CRM (Customer Relationship Management). Thanks to the telcos, who have provided this from day 1 as part of their service offering. Nowadays banks have CRM teams, as well as FMCGs. Like an earlier poster said, it's all driven by competition.
Re: The Abject Dearth Of Customer Service In Our Businesses - My 'Ponderings' by mbulela: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Well . . .
I don't think your job will empower you enough to make much impact, sadly. But you can study the various customer management disciplines on your own professionally, and see how you can turn it into a career. Get as much experience as you can though, starting from where you are currently. Look within for opportunities to learn and grow in that area.

I must say, a lot of the large corporates in Nigeria have started to look more seriously at CRM (Customer Relationship Management). Thanks to the telcos, who have provided this from day 1 as part of their service offering. Nowadays banks have CRM teams, as well as FMCGs. Like an earlier poster said, it's all driven by competition.
Today i was actually thinking about getting in touch with you to ask how we could start a customer services appraisal thread in this section.
I thought of how easily it would be derailed and how professional marketers will easily use it to 'demarket' each other here.
We all have customer service experience via various touch points in our daily transactions,there must be a way of naming and shaming the baddies while encouraging the good ones.
No long story,just name the organisation,a brief description of your transaction and your verdict.
Just thinking out loud.
Re: The Abject Dearth Of Customer Service In Our Businesses - My 'Ponderings' by tollu: 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Well . . .

Thanks Ajanlekoko, well noted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How You Can Be Earning 500k+ Monthly Using Without / First Bank Visa Gold Card / Totally Unacceptable! See Where 5alive Is Manufactured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.