Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Issues With Todays Church What Is Your Opinion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Issues With Todays Church What Is Your Opinion? (345 Views)

Reigners Church What Next???? / If This Girl Sit In Your Front In Church, What Will You Do?(photo) / Atheist Murderers(past/present) And The Murderous Tendencies Of Todays Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Issues With Todays Church What Is Your Opinion? by klassic(m): 10:57am On Aug 02, 2015
When I remember Anthioch in Syria, I remember why christians were named so. Todays christians amaze me. How can someone have issues with his brother or sister and head to church to pastor it or lead the choir? How can pastor always ask members to give even when they walk on foot and he owns 8 flashy cars? I even heard a pastor boast of having 22 shoes of about 20k each. How can I be his member? Yet they say I don't always go to church. I rather not go always than to be overzealous church going charlatan! What says you my good pals?
Re: Issues With Todays Church What Is Your Opinion? by tunapz: 11:26am On Aug 02, 2015
I share your view, it's sardonic to watch the way people all in the name of being Christians slave themselves to their men of God and even the religion. The early Christians and apostles were brothers to themselves and the love for God was present among the brothers so that none really lacked because resources were brought together to further the gospel and to also cater for Christians. But these days all we see are rich pastors or religious leaders who are rich enough to employ half their unemployed congregation.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Todays Church What Is Your Opinion? by Hiswordxray(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
In fact the difference between the early Church and today church is numerous. Today we have develop a lot of strange traditions, doctrines and lifestyle. I do believe we can do it better than the early church but right we have disintegrated to nothing. We have a long way to go therefore let stop talking about our problems and start talking about solutions.

And OP you seriously need to try and meet with other believers. The church may be doing it wrong but the body of Christ is still the body of Christ because Christ is present when two or three believers are gathered. And you need to experience Christ in the mist of his body.

If we seriously wants to find a solution to the Church problem let first start with ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Please Your Advise Is Highly Needed. / Chicago Police Documentary On American Muslims / How You Are Tempted By The Devil – The Parts And Strategy Of Temptation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.