Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,633 members, 7,958,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:41 AM

Now You Can Quit Blood Transfusion And Even Live A Healthier Life. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Now You Can Quit Blood Transfusion And Even Live A Healthier Life. (651 Views)

3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata) / Heaviness After Blood Transfusion What Might Be The Cause And Solution / OGI/AKAMU FOR SALE IN LAGOS NIGERIA. Guarranteed Healthier Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now You Can Quit Blood Transfusion And Even Live A Healthier Life. by nairaroot: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
I was privy to witness a scene while I was in Ikeja general hospital last week to check on a family friend on admission and this interesting scenario caught my attention and felt I should write about it.

I saw this woman named Black Rose back in the days sitting on the edge of the hospital waiting-room chair staring blankly at the roof, lost in thought with her chin resting in her palms. Her mind swarm as she tried to sort out the events which had so abruptly and rudely crashed in upon her life and the life of her daughter Yeni, which was never expected.

It was after 2 a.m. as I could remember vividly because I was tending to a family friend who just undergone a surgery a day before and was still on admission. Suddenly, I noticed the tension heightened behind the operating-room doors as team of doctors, including a brain surgeon and a plastic surgeon I suppose running up and down the hallway including some nurses. So I asked a nurse I was good to who was administering post-surgery treatment on my patient what was going on and I was shocked to be told that Black Rose’ 22 years old daughter was the one feverishly been worked on, in other to reconstruct the her shattered skull. As a father with a child of that age range, I was traumatized beyond word and could only wish her success in their effort to save the poor girl.

Only a brief while ago, the 22-year-old had been a victim of an automobile crash on her way home on Lagos Ibadan express way, where she went to see her cousin who just had a CS in UCH Ibadan. And on her way coming back to Lagos, her car had a problem which resulted in her having to drive very late at night. The impart of her right-off accident car had shattered Yeni’s skull into eggshell-sized fragments as I was told. And using tiny fragments of wire, the team of surgeons began what none knew would be an intricate and wearisome 12-hour operation of piecing the badly injured skull back together.

Perhaps some of the nurses working in the hallway that night were too busy to recognize who the lady sitting in the waiting room really was due to the pressure of what was at stake, but I was scanning and checking her out to be sure I wasn’t mistaken her for someone else. Despite the fact that it was 2 am the hallway still was a little busy, as handful of people were often seen looking for one thing or the other just like myself. Suddenly I moved closer to be sure I wasn’t hallucinating and said I was sorry Mrs. Rose about the incident, and to my surprise she was distraught but still managed to be strong and gave me an inviting smile like everything was fine and like she could speak if I wanted to. Then I remembered her career in the early ‘80’s which brought her some fame as the singer of a million- selling recording “something something about love” as she was fondly called then, before she relocated to the USA.

Too bad to see her in this state, but tragedy is the greatest equalizer as we all know. It didn’t matter who she was or what she sang about on tour and records – not at this particular moment, she was simply just a worried mother, worried only about her only daughter, whose life hung in the balance.

It never seems likely to me that music would be on Black Rose’ mind at that moment, but strangely, it was – Celine Dion;” a mountain of stone, a heart of steel can’t stand in my way I’ll go on” was what came out of her mouth. I was surprised and had to ask why that particular song, and that brought me to my question which I’ll appreciate your honest comment and contribution so that we all can learn from.

She said she just finished making a call with some of her prominent in-laws and they had said the surgery must ‘‘BE BLOODLESS”, Yeni must not be transfused no matter what it must take. She showed me so many bible scriptures which they quoted and which I quite reason with that God said we must not take, or eat, or drink blood which I quite appreciate so well but life is hanging on a blood or death situation here, please what do you in all honesty thing Yeni’s mother should have done in such situation maybe we all can reason together and make a wise decision if we were to find ourselves in such situation. She asked me she was going ahead with the operation transfusing Yeni, but I in my honest opinion, I would have done otherwise. Please what’s your take on this, considering the fact that so many complex bloodless operations like the hips, open chest, brain surgeries has been successfully done by many doctors all around the world. And again blood is not safe and properly screened anywhere in the world. Laboratories here in Nigeria, only carry out about 4 or 5 screening of viruses like the HIV, Hepatitis, etc on those bloods sold at different blood banks. I, for one, I’ll never do blood for anything, You? Experience shared by www.nairaroot.com

Here is another useful little known ways you can improve your health and live a better life. HERE http://www.nairaroot.com/10-unhealthy-healthcare-practices/
Tweet us @nairaroot like us on facebook @nairaroot

Writer: Bigsheg
Re: Now You Can Quit Blood Transfusion And Even Live A Healthier Life. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
A for...

Re: Now You Can Quit Blood Transfusion And Even Live A Healthier Life. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
B for B2
Re: Now You Can Quit Blood Transfusion And Even Live A Healthier Life. by Vaxt(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
cool
Re: Now You Can Quit Blood Transfusion And Even Live A Healthier Life. by sainty2k3(m): 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dangerous? Yes, but it's life saving in many instance, besides blood are always screened before use, there are risk but the benefit outweighs the risk

(1) (Reply)

Help! We Are Both Itchy In Our Genital Areas After Sex / Are You Suffering From Keloid Disorder? / Medical Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.