Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

My Imperfect Existence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Imperfect Existence (1037 Views)

Imperfect, But Chasing Perfection; What To Do About Domestic Abuse. / You Are Not A Failure And A Victim Of Existence! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Imperfect Existence by Eddygourdo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
I frown a lot as people frequently tell me, though I wonder whether am supposed to be laughing and walking along to Street with nothing apparently funny, I enter a gathering and apparently everybody knows themselves but nobody knows me, I can't count 10good friends I have, I am always indoors but if I go out the world appears too big and busy to notice me. Yes those who relate with me tend to love me and wanna be with me, but somehow I rebuff them by not seriously putting effort. I think of my wedding and

wonder where I will rent a crowd to attend it since am a social pariah, my family are fed up of my friendless life. I am fed up of it, but can't help it as am not a church going person(I believe in my personal convictions not my pastor said) so church in ruled out, online forums are filled with thieving women and men. I recently lost my job and moved back to lagos to restart life again hopefully as an engineer in any private firm, the job loss doesn't hurt as much as living in a world that appears too large to notice me and being weird that when am noticed and loved I show no interest or lose it fast. am I an autistic adult?
Re: My Imperfect Existence by innervoice(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Eddygourdo:
I frown a lot as people frequently tell me, though I wonder whether am supposed to be laughing and walking along to Street with nothing apparently funny, I enter a gathering and apparently everybody knows themselves but nobody knows me, I can't count 10good friendsI have, I am always indoors but if I go out the world appears too big and busy to notice me. Yes those who relate with me tend to love me and wanna be with me, but somehow I rebuff them by not seriously putting effort. I think of my wedding and wonder where I will rent a crowd to attend it since am a social pariah, my family are fed up of my friendless life. I am fed up of it, but can't help it as am not a church going person(I believe in my personal convictions not my pastor said) so church in ruled out, online is filled with thieving women and men. I recently lost my job and moved back to lagos to restart life again hopefully as an engineer in any private firm, the job loss doesn't hurt as much as living in a world that appears to large to notice me and being weird that when am noticed and loved I show no interest or lose it fast. am I an autistic adult?

Why is it not enough?
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Chubhie: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Are you sure you are ready for the drama and treachery of the human mind in large numbers?

From experience, research and business dealings with human beings, I'm always stunned at how deceptive humans can be.

You don't need everyone's approval all you need is just a few with shared interests. Quality not quantity should be your watchword.

Sometimes, when I've got some free time I go and sit in some place with high human traffic and just observe humans in amazement.

Try and make yourself a person of value so the few right ones you select are kept based on mutual respect or you can learn all the tricks of deception and treachery and join a crazy world.

3 Likes

Re: My Imperfect Existence by GodnGold: 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Eddy gourd, why do you write so well?I was just about following you until I realised you have only FEMALE followers.why is that?sorry am derailing...just curious.
Re: My Imperfect Existence by GodnGold: 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
Eddygourdo*
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Eddygourdo(m): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
GodnGold:
Eddy gourd, why do you write so well?I was just about following you until I realised you have only FEMALE followers.why is that?sorry am derailing...just curious.
it's not weird to have female followers, by the way u sure I have followers? where did they come from.
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Eddygourdo(m): 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Chubhie:
Are you sure you are ready for the drama and treachery of the human mind in large numbers?

From experience, research and business dealings with human beings, I'm always stunned at how deceptive humans can be.

You don't need everyone's approval all you need is just a few with shared interests. Quality not quantity should be your watchword.

Sometimes, when I've got some free time I go and sit in some place with high human traffic and just observe humans in amazement.

Try and make yourself a person of value so the few right ones you select are kept based on mutual respect or you can learn all the tricks of deception and treachery and join a crazy world.
Chubhie:
true talk. I do that, but how come when I get into a gathering everybody knows themselves and I no nobody, it's weird, I am a man with alot of value not to brag but societal values and expectations is pressuring me. Eg I hope to marry soon and I likely won't have a best man or people I know who would come except of course colleagues at work who think am a darling
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Eddygourdo(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
innervoice:

Why is it not enough?
I think I suffer from autism. I can't explain my weirdness.
Re: My Imperfect Existence by shaybebaby(f): 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
Eddygourdo:
I think I suffer from autism. I can't explain my weirdness.
Doesn't sound like autism to me, trust me! I know.
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Chubhie: 12:52am On Aug 03, 2015
Eddygourdo:
true talk. I do that, but how come when I get into a gathering everybody knows themselves and I no nobody, it's weird, I am a man with alot of value not to brag but societal values and expectations is pressuring me. Eg I hope to marry soon and I likely won't have a best man or people I know who would come except of course colleagues at work who think am a darling
You worry yourself and needs to accept your world as given. It is natural you walk into some gathering and seems the odd one out.

You will need to work on your ability to connect with total strangers. It could start from a warm handshake, a smile and compliment.

Any of your male colleague could serve as best man. You already have a given in the people that see you as a darling in your workplace. Use them and expand your network. Be genuinely interested in them beyond the workplace,hang out with them and like what they like and met their friends and friends friend.

Imagine walking into a bar and buying drinks for most people you met there? Or buying some weed smokers the best weeds? These simple gestures will buy you a shitt load of friends.

You can elect to do a wedding with just family and friends available. It is not necessary a crowd must be invited.
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Eddygourdo(m): 6:34am On Aug 03, 2015
Chubhie:
You worry yourself and needs to accept your world as given. It is natural you walk into some gathering and seems the odd one out.

You will need to work on your ability to connect with total strangers. It could start from a warm handshake, a smile and compliment.

Any of your male colleague could serve as best man. You already have a given in the people that see you as a darling in your workp
lace. Use them and expand your network. Be genuinely interested in them beyond the workplace,hang out with them and like what they like and met their friends and friends friend.

Imagine walking into a bar and buying drinks for most people you met there? Or buying some weed smokers the best weeds? These simple gestures will buy you a shitt load of friends.

You can elect to do a wedding with just family and friends available. It is not necessary a crowd must be invited.
true, thanks hopefully I will stop feeling wierd
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Richy4(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2015
Stop beating yourself up. You are not the only one like that.

Every one is unique in their own way.

The earliest you accept who you are, the best for you..

I used to have a sarcastic title when i was in Nigeria way back. About someone that doesn't associate with people or any one.

If i came to a wedding or funeral or any gathering, my age mates will be screaming. Oh!! You came out today, bla bla bla. Sometimes i get angry sometimes l laugh it off. People thought i was a snub but people that knew me knows better.

They said on my wedding day they will rent movies and be watching in their house.

But it's cool because i know who i am and have accepted that. So i want you to do the same or you can try and change it if you can

2 Likes

Re: My Imperfect Existence by yorubadelta(f): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Poster, I remember your tolotolo story .. cheesy Please, dont be so hard on yourself.. you gotta work on your self-confidence a bit more.

Remember, no matter the situation you find yourself in, someone else has it worse than you out there. Focus on what you already have and try to enjoy the life God has blessed you with wink

2 Likes

Re: My Imperfect Existence by Chidoks(f): 10:39am On Aug 03, 2015
like you i don't have friends.they keep on hurting and disappointing me.i stick out my neck for friends.i even over love.i strive to please.though i get irritated easily but i am a happy person, very playful.young at heart too yet people don't like me.on getting married i transfered all the love to my husband joor.wetin sef? now i no send.i don't even have the time again though i still wish i could have just 1 true friend.i believe she will come but God knows i'm not ready for disappointments and gossips again...
be yourself jare.friendship comes with a lot of baggages both good and bad...it requires a very large heart...
Re: My Imperfect Existence by yorubadelta(f): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2015
Chidoks:
like you i don't have friends.they keep on hurting and disappointing me. i stick out my neck for friends.i even over love.i strive to please.though i get irritated easily but i am a happy person, very playful.young at heart too yet people don't like me.on getting married i transfered all the love to my husband joor.wetin sef? now i no send.i don't even have the time again though i still wish i could have just 1 true friend.i believe she will come but God knows i'm not ready for disappointments and gossips again...
be yourself jare.friendship comes with a lot of baggages both good and bad...it requires a very large heart...

Aww. I admire your transparency. @Poster, take note.. just enjoy your life.
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
This guy is a small boy abeg he follows over 21 nairalander girls and he has posted a topic of his phobia for big toto let's leave him for yaba left officials
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Eddygourdo(m): 6:17am On Aug 04, 2015
Richy4:
Stop beating yourself up. You are not the only one like that.

Every one is unique in their own way.

The earliest you accept who you are, the best for you..

I used to have a sarcastic title when i was in Nigeria way back. About someone that doesn't associate with people or any one.

If i came to a wedding or funeral or any gathering, my age mates will be screaming. Oh!! You came out today, bla bla bla. Sometimes i get angry sometimes l laugh it off. People thought i was a snub but people that knew me knows better.

They said on my wedding day they will rent movies and be watching in their house.

But it's cool because i know who i am and have accepted that. So i want you to do the same or you can try and change it if you can

thanks,
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Eddygourdo(m): 6:18am On Aug 04, 2015
yorubadelta:
Poster, I remember your tolotolo story .. cheesy Please, dont be so hard on yourself.. you gotta work on your self-confidence a bit more.

Remember, no matter the situation you find yourself in, someone else has it worse than you out there. Focus on what you already have and try to enjoy the life God has blessed you with wink
thanks dear, appreciate
Re: My Imperfect Existence by Eddygourdo(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2015
hbpeze:
This guy is a small boy abeg he follows over 21 nairalander girls and he has posted a topic of his phobia for big toto let's leave him for yaba left officials
you are right. I am very small boy, my mummy just gave me this phone to follow naira land girls. Now scram let peeps say their minds,

(1) (Reply)

The Joy Of Having TRIPLETS / Ikedi Ohakim Celebrates First Grandson One Year Birthday In Monaco / Can Too Much Sex Cause Back Pains?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.