Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Why Jamb Can Never Be Scrapped_for Now - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Jamb Can Never Be Scrapped_for Now (410 Views)

I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? / I Scored 251 In Jamb, Can I Get Admission To Study Pharmacy? / Scored 292 In Jamb, Can I Get A Medicine Admission With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Jamb Can Never Be Scrapped_for Now by sketcherJ(m): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2015
In recent times..due to jamb 's unfortunate policy,there had been and still is a call among some people for jamb to be scrapped off and d higher institutions be allowed to conduct their postjamb,and admission should be based on this universities's post jamb..
But we all know this is not feasible..why?cos more students will end up not getting admitted..
How?I will tell ya..
...At least we know every year more dan 1million aspirants aspire to get admitted and study in their choice institutions..without no regulating body like jamb that restrict candidates to only 1 university,1 polytechnic etc,..

1.Candidates would be open to choose as many institutions as they like and do the pst.ume of many schools(which I don't need to tell u is disastrous)

2.Higher institutions would have a very high cut off marks..and God help you if you are going for the competitive courses like Law,Medicine

3.Higher institutions 'post umes will lose their value..many people will be willing to pay for answers,lecturers would be bribed..d exam compromised..

4..Many candidates would not be admitted..cos of d corrupted system..admission will not be based on merit at all but longer long legs,connections and mostly money..

5..There would be violence in the higher institutions
cos all the unserious students who didn't worth or who is not ready to study,who should have been screened off by jamb would get admitted and cause mayhem.

Let's just try and pass jamb..d devil u know is better than the angel you don't know

Or what are ur views?

Cc:Lalasticlala Ishilove and other good mods

(1) (Reply)

Call To Register, Accommodation @ Tanke In UNILORIN / Do You Agree With This Illustration? / AAU Post Utme Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.