Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

My Testimony You Can Get A Job From Your Church Office - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Testimony You Can Get A Job From Your Church Office (864 Views)

I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer / Create Your Own Job From Scratch; Draw From My Experience / I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Testimony You Can Get A Job From Your Church Office by bensky: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

I would like to share my story. I have been out of job for about 4 months. although i used to be a volunteer in my junior church. But throughout my been out of a job it never occurred to me to ask some of the pastors that knew me in church. Anyway about a month a go they made a call for volunteers in my senior church, which i showed interest and wrote my name. that week i got a call from my church office for a meeting with the senior pastor and i attended , they showed myself and others the department they needed volunteers. i indicated interest in admin and i assumed since is volunteer they wouldn't pay. anyway during the meeting i saw my former company CFO and she said i must volunteer and that i shouldn't go any where. I waited and she asked how is work and i told her i have been out of a job for 4 months and she was really furious with me for not letting her know, and she asked if i can work with the senior pastor and i said yes. And i told her that i though she knew because i told another pastor that know me and he's been trying to get me something in the telecoms sector but it's not been easy. Any way she introduced me to the church office HR and told her i worked closed with her in finance as a sales person before i resigned from XY company but currently out of a job, and she would like me to work in the Admin office of the senior pastor. Long and short HR Said they will call me and i didn't hear from the HR till about late 19th july the week before i 'm to resume at a law firm that was going to pay me 25k as admin. and i told them i'm still waiting for them. anyway i still didnt hear from them and i resumed at the law firm on the 23rd of july. Last week thursday i got a call from my church office from a lady and she said the senior pastor wanted to speak to me on phone and he asked to see me that thursday so i told him on my way back from work that evening ,i would stop by the church office. Which i did in the evening that evening and he said what happened i have gotten another job and i told him i was waiting for the church office to call me but to no avail and i had to keep myself buzy. So he called the HR and we chatted about my experience and where i would fit in at the church office, and told him admin. On friday he made them call me to church for a leadership training the workers in the junior church office was organizing and after the training on saturday morning he asked me if i think i can fit into that environment and i told him yes. That same saturday evening they sent me a message to come for meeting as the senior pastor wants to have a meeting with all staffs working at the junior church office, after church service ,which i attended in one of the 5 star hotels in V/I and during the meeting he had to introduce myself and some others that will ne working in the church office and designation. I am the head of admin will be working closely with the GM. The HR called me this morning asking when i can resumed i told her and she said i should come to the church office lets talk about pay and when i can pick up my letter.

My take is never give up and always try to let the people around you know your situation because you never know where the next help might be coming from.

5 Likes

Re: My Testimony You Can Get A Job From Your Church Office by Milliprime: 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
Wish job hunters Success

Hope the pay will be adequate and steady. undecided
Re: My Testimony You Can Get A Job From Your Church Office by ammyluv2002(f): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Didn't get your story but Thank God you got a job
Re: My Testimony You Can Get A Job From Your Church Office by yak(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
ThankGod for u Bro. It's good to be a comited member of anywhere u find ursef. Hope d pay will b gr8
Re: My Testimony You Can Get A Job From Your Church Office by VickyRotex(f): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
Congrats Op!!!

(1) (Reply)

Customer Care Representative / From A Grateful Heart! / ADVERTISEMENT FOR ACADEMIC STAFF POSITIONS IN THE FACULTY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.