Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) (4662 Views)

Opinion: Who Do You Think Is The Best Fast Rising Indigenous Rapper In Nigeria? / Indigenous Rapper Olamide, A Singer Or Rapper? Reminisce Far Way Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by mamapidgin: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
Few people would have heard of the name A.Y. I'm not talking about the ace comedian Ayo makun of the popular A.Y show. But I'm talking about the unsong hero of the Nigeria indigenous rap Industry. A.Y was the first Nigerian modern day artist to rap fluently in Yoruba language he is such a talented artist that does is music with no stress. though he sang most of his song from U.K but all his track had a touch of Nigeria life in it.

A.Y started yoruba rap music long even before the discovery of late Rap maestro Dagrin.. But Ay seam to have vanish into thing Air. A comprehensive search of A.Y music on the Internet does not yield any meaningful result except for a rough/unclear recording of his music video track Hard to survive which was uploaded by an anonymous on YouTube. Despite the poor quality of the music video which I believe the person that uploaded copied it from like several different source before uploading it online which gave it a poor visual. quality, the video has received more than 8000 views.

Anyone that knows where A.Y is or have a direct link to him should please help us tell him to come back, Nigeria music industry is now doing fine, he should put some of his previous songs on YouTube for us to see and appreciate his talent

Some A.Y lyrics that still hang in my head

Ati Ibadan si eko
Ati Eko si london
London si Yankee

won ma pemi ni jebejebe
tori moman jeba ti ko lobe
ma je bread ma je bota
stress to wa ni eko olé so awon sumo wrestlers di skeleton..
ati Eko si london A.y sign out lonan mefa.

PLS MODERATOR PUSH THIS TO FRONThe PAGE WE WANT A.Y TO COME BACK...

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by ewerex(m): 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
I still wonder where the guy is
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by samshoz(m): 5:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Maybe gone to his graphic designing. I remember him mentioned something like that in an interview back then, that he also does that
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by xpat1: 6:20am On Aug 04, 2015
mamapidgin:
Few people would have heard of the name A.Y. I'm not talking about the ace comedian Ayo makun of the popular A.Y show. But I'm talking about the unsong hero of the Nigeria indigenous rap Industry. A.Y was the first Nigerian modern day artist to rap fluently in Yoruba language he is such a talented artist that does is music with no stress. though he sang most of his song from U.K but all his track had a touch of Nigeria life in it.

A.Y started yoruba rap music long even before the discovery of late Rap maestro Dagrin.. But Ay seam to have vanish into thing Air. A comprehensive search of A.Y music on the Internet does not yield any meaningful result except for a rough/unclear recording of his music video track Hard to survive which was uploaded by an anonymous on YouTube. Despite the poor quality of the music video which I believe the person that uploaded copied it from like several different source before uploading it online which gave it a poor visual. quality, the video has received more than 8000 views.

Anyone that knows where A.Y is or have a direct link to him should please help us tell him to come back, Nigeria music industry is now doing fine, he should put some of his previous songs on YouTube for us to see and appreciate his talent

Ati Ibadan si eko
Ati Eko si london
London si Yankee

won ma pemi ni jebejebe
ma je bread ma je bota

PLS MODERATOR PUSH THIS TO FRON PAGE WE WANT A.Y TO COME BACK...

cc lalasticlala

yeah I remembered him he usually expose what Nigerians living abroad use to do to survive from credit card fraud to washing of toilet.

I could remember in one of his lyrics

Ti olopa britiko ba gbaemu
one time oma ba re ni Peckham another time oma ba re ni oyibo (meaning if British police arrest u onetime u will be in Peckham the next time you will be in Oyibo Nigeria)
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by samshoz(m): 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
I remember that dude, maybe he is doing something else now. I remember him saying he also does graphic design in an interview back then Kenny Ogungbe and D1 use to anchor AIT Jamz. His rap was devoid of dirty lyrics too.
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by wildchild1: 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
there's a particular track before this hard to survive track, i love that one
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by aderossin: 9:04am On Dec 06, 2016
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2018
I missed the guy a lot.
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by Africaman: 2:12pm On May 15, 2018
mamapidgin:

Ati Ibadan si eko
Ati Eko si london
London si Yankee

won ma pemi ni jebejebe
ma je bread ma je bota

cc lalasticlala

Here are his tracks:

1) AY - Hard To Survive / Eko Si London
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsIH9CrrE2Q

2) AY Gonna make it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xatee53zW7Q

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by starboyflight(m): 3:17am On May 28, 2019
Just discovered this guy on YouTube and I must say I respect him
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by Idosso: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Wow! Ay..... I remember him.... I was in secondary school then.... His lyrics is so real.... You can relate...
A part says everyday for Lagos na gym.... Taken two 25 litres keg from the down to the 6th floor
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by Wodu89: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2023
Idosso:
Wow! Ay..... I remember him.... I was in secondary school then.... His lyrics is so real.... You can relate...
A part says everyday for Lagos na gym.... Taken two 25 litres keg from the down to the 6th floor

Hahahaha. True. I remember this part o !
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by Wodu89: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2023
Let's get this to front page

Lalasticlala

NLFPMOD

Mynd44

Rocktation

Mukina2

Dominique
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by Wodu89: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2023
mamapidgin:

Ati Ibadan si eko
Ati Eko si london
London si Yankee

won ma pemi ni jebejebe
ma je bread ma je bota

cc lalasticlala

I just remembered

Big Bamo

Olu Maintain and co.

Jazzman Olofin
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by richard870(m): 10:37am On Jan 25
....o lo si south Africa with no luggage ( I'm gonna make it) ...no returning...he got his luggage (ya heard)...owo owo
Re: Where Is A.Y Naija First Indigenous Rapper. (eko Si London) by gbenga(m): 11:51pm On Mar 27
You can ask his brother cashinondt on Instagram
Jto know about him, he can tell his whereabout just as much as possible, both of them were together in those days. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Baba Nee - 2wice As 9ice(Download link)::: 9ice In Trouble? / Download: Tekno – Duro (remix) Ft. Flavour & Phyno (mp3) / please help (song my sweetie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.