Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Man Of Steel – Movie Review - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Man Of Steel – Movie Review (906 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Anthony Mackie Joins Joins The Marvel VS DC War By Dissing Man Of Steel / Man Of Steel – Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Efostick(m): 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
I don’t want to write about this movie but the more I think about it, I just couldn’t help myself. Man of Steel is really a let down for me, after seeing this movie I can tell you for a fact that I wasn’t smiling.

In this movie we find out why Kal-El has the fortress of solitude, the way Jor-El saved his son and sent him to planet earth, the Superman symbol we all thought was an “S” wasn’t. Rather it means hope in Krypton. What I don’t get is General Zod and his Armies were arrested for treason and sent to prison (The Phantom Zone) for “300 Cycles of Somatic Reconditioning” and when the planet of krypton was destroyed, how did he survived ?. The Phantom Zone is on Krypton discovered by Jor-El (let me not go into comics here), the writers should have done a better job there.

There are many flaws in this movie , let me make it known that I’m a big fan of Superman but the fact is that this movie is flat. There is absolutely no character development and the relationships they form are shallow and ineffectual. Lois and Clark’s relationship is him being grateful to her for not revealing his identity and her thinking he’s hot, they is simply no atom of chemistry between this two. The only character i felt would be the female commander (Amy Adams) who is Zod’s next in command. She is witty and fierce with a spunky personality. The visuals (too much special effects) are there to distract the viewers from the poorly woven story, which consist mostly of CGI fights between Superman and General Zod’s forces. However , it doesn’t excuse the movie from the way Lois is suddenly kissing some guy whom she just met few weeks ago. A really sad comeback in superman films.

When you think Superman you remember Lex Luthor, It is a variable that can’t be excluded. I was seeing this movie hoping to see a bald headed guy well I didn’t, that kid Superman pulled out of the water during the bus accident was that supposed to be Lex ?. the most annoying part of this movie was the ending, after the intense fight when I said intense fight, I mean “Hulk-Iron Man Showdown” Superman just went ahead to twist his neck. Are you kidding ? that’s it General Zod, the writers lacks creativity here. And the Superman we all know will try to save everybody during a crisis but what we saw here was a superhero who is trying to fit into planet Earth.

YEYEPIKIN RATING -D

http://yeyepikin.com/index.php/2015/08/03/man-of-steel-movie-review/#more-119]

Visit http://yeyepikin.com for more movie updates,gists and reviews.

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by ignis: 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
Where can I get the movie?
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Efostick(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
ignis:
Where can I get the movie?

In what format will you need it,lemme provide you with a link.
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by ignis: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
Efostick:

In what format will you need it,lemme provide you with a link.
3gp or mp4
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Efostick(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
ignis:

3gp or mp4

Lemme fetch a link for you ma'am ....in the mean time ,you can browse through my blog.

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Efostick(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
ignis:

3gp or mp4

Lemme fetch a link for you ma'am ....in the mean time ,you can browse through my blog. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Superhero Trailer Wars (With Images) / Invite To Be Part Of Audience In WWTBAM / The Wait Is Over | “entreat” To Hit The Cinema This Friday 29th April 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.