Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. (2983 Views)

Poll: Which team's bagging 3 points?

Newcastle United: 23% (3 votes)
Arsenal: 61% (8 votes)
Draw: 15% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Bolton Wanderers Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On Saturday 21st January 2012 / Norwich City Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On Saturday 21st January 2012 / Sunderland vs Arsenal [1-0] on Saturday 21st November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by Cristalz(f): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2009
Newcastle United host Arsenal at St James' Park this Saturday, 17.30 GMT.

Newcastle United are still on wobbly feet so far this season. Play has not been impressive, especially after their last Prem game against Hull City which ended in a 1 - 1 draw after a late equalizer.
   The team is plagued by injures though, to be fair to them. On the injury list are M. Viduka, Xisco, Joey Barton, Kadar, D. Guthrie, H. Beye, and I. Gonzalez. Beye and Guthrie are expected back on the 21st, but it's doubtful that they'll play.
   Team manager Joe Kinnear has also been away due to bad health. Caretaker manager Chris Hughton and coach Colin Calderwood remain in charge for now.
   Defeating Arsenal may be asking for a lot, but the team have got relegation nipping at their heels and it's general knowledge that they put up good performances against the big teams. So they should fire on all cylinders.  .  .they don't have a choice.

Arsenal seem to be back in shape after their weekend Prem win, and weekday FA cup win. The Gunners are finally hopeful of being in the UCL next season, having gone up to 4th place on the table with 52 points. Winning the league is out of their vision range for this season at least, but they have to make sure they don't slip down the table again.
   Injury news ain't one to smile about.  .  .Eduardo da Silva is injured again, joining Adebayor, Fabregas and Rosicky. Adebayor and Fabregas are expected back on the 21st though. Not certain they will play.

Arsenal are the favorites for this one.
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by tayoccu(m): 10:00am On Mar 19, 2009
Arsenal Wins this one 1-3.

we're on the move b'lose& livepool watch out.
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by lakeside4love(m): 11:51am On Mar 19, 2009
0-3 in Gunners favor,
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by allboyz(m): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2009
5 - 0 grin grin grin

no ask me who go win o0o . .its obvious . . .

Gunners 1800 wink
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by LateefO(m): 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2009
Hi,
   What I have in plan is this.

I will place my bet on a draw for this kind of game and if it comes out the other way then no big deal about that.

Thanks,
It's Lateef (Online Business Expert)
http://www.nigerbetbook.com
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by proudly9ja(m): 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2009
I see Arsene rotating again and starting some of the players who started from the bench against Hull.
Almunia is still in jured I think so Fabianski will keep his place in goal.

Fabianski

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Song

Wlacott Denilson Arshavin Nasri

Bendtner

Bench: Vela, Gibbs, RVP, Manone, Eboue, Djorou, Diaby
By God's Grace, Arsenal should win.
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by switch47(m): 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2009
ARSENAL SHOULD WIN!! Aston villa will sink--further!!
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by mukina2: 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2009
A win with lots of goals . .even if Eboue scores all of them grin
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by tayoccu(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2009
Alumnia ain't injured
http://www.arsenal.com/news/injury-news

@proudly9ja
no oh! AW shouldn't play nic as a lone striker, maybe as a supporting striker.
then I'll like to see eboue play right back, so he can give adequate support to theo.
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by Tmoni(m): 4:38pm On Mar 20, 2009
Newcastle 1 - Arse-anal 0

Oba Martins to score the goal, wink
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by LloydIy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2009
Arsenal have to be at UCL for English Quarter's continuity, another team might bring bad omen even to the other three.

Arsenal are in the better position to win this fixtures atleast lesser injuries, more top class players than CASTLE.

Newcastle like big clubs to show their talent and they put on a fantastic performance, arsenal 6-4 Newcastle on scale of 10
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by blacksta(m): 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2009
Newcastle 1 - Arsenal 1

Gunners to miss out on 4th fourth position
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by PoDeep(m): 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2009
Good save by Almunia. Bleep Martins!
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by FBS: 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2009
and he is a starter for the yeye eagles? but he may still score today sha.
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by showbobo(m): 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2009
tayoccu:

God Bless UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by switch47(m): 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2009
arsenal displayed great level of game spirit even in enemy teritory . they are capable of beating anyteam in the world good soccer great team
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by proudly9ja(m): 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2009
What a game!!!

The lads were absolutely fantastic. It was a game of twohalves though. First half, the Newcastle midfield dominated and Martins ran riot upfront but the second half, the Arsenal 'kids' were outstanding. Diaby, Bendtner, RVP, Denilson, Nasri, infact the whole team was outta this world.

Man of the Match for me - Almunia, reat save from the penalty.

Thank God for victory.

I really don't know what to pray for tomorow in the game between Liverpool and Villa cos now I' eyeing that top position and I love the way the top teams dropped 3 points today.

Unto thy Hands o Lord, we commit Arsenal!

Common Guuners!!!
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by switch47(m): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2009
a draw in liverpool villa is ok 4 arsenal and man u. chelsea is dead burial rites to be announced soon
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by rasputinn(m): 4:57am On Mar 22, 2009
switch47:

a draw in liverpool villa is ok 4 arsenal and man u. chelsea is dead burial rites to be announced soon

All the predictions against the Arsenal for yesterday's game against Newcastle all failed WOEFULLY as the GUNNERS CRUSHED Newcastle emphatically by scoring 3 goals to newcastle's miserable lucky lone goal

Arsenal will soon occupy the 3rd position and leave Chelski and Aston Villa to fight for the fourth spot  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by toosoon(m): 10:41am On Mar 22, 2009
rasputinn:

All the predictions against the Arsenal for yesterday's game against Newcastle all failed WOEFULLY as the GUNNERS CRUSHED Newcastle emphatically by scoring 3 goals to newcastle's miserable lucky lone goal

Arsenal will soon occupy the 3rd position and leave Chelski and Aston Villa to fight for the fourth spot tongue tongue tongue

tayoccu spot on 1-3 in favour of Arsenal.

Quote from: tayoccu on March 19, 2009, 10:00 AM

Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by tayoccu(m): 9:48am On Mar 23, 2009
the boys made me proud.
march on Red and White Army
;d
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by proudly9ja(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2009
Some Arsenal classic pics, didn't know where to put this but I hope you gunners fans enjoy this:

Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by LloydIy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2009
ok we just saw a barca player under the

ARSENAL CLASSIC

whats up?
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by proudly9ja(m): 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2009
Lloyd~Iy:

ok we just saw a barca player under the

ARSENAL CLASSIC

whats up?

erm, tanx for the observation, but its called 'CLASSIC' for a reason
Re: Newcastle United (1)Vs Arsenal (3) On Saturday 21st March. by proudly9ja(m): 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2009
more pics

(1) (Reply)

Carlos Tevez Hands In Written Transfer Request / QPR Vs Liverpool (3 - 2) On 21st March 2012 / David Moyes on the verge of being sacked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.