Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Missionary Lilith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Missionary Lilith (1622 Views)

What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? / Chief Alma Rohm, America's Longest Serving Missionary In Nigeria Has Gone Home / Lilith: The First Wife Of Adam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Missionary Lilith by wiegraf: 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2015

Appealing to both magicians and feminists past and present, Lilith, or Lilitu ('wind-spirit' in Assyrian-Babylonian mythology) was a ravenous sexual entrepreneur. In legend, Lilith was the first wife of Adam. She was either created as Adam's Siamese twin (joined together at the back), or was made from filth. Either way, Lilith demanded equality with Adam.

Presumably, Lilith and Adam led a happy enough life until they got Hot. When it came time for Lilith and Adam to share carnal knowledge, Adam was upset that Lilith wouldn't assume the missionary position. She wanted, according to some accounts, to lay side-by-side. In other accounts, she wanted to be on top. In either case, Adam was miffed and refused Lilith's wants. When he tried to force himself upon her, she uttered the magical name of God, rose into the air, and flew away to find more amenable sexual partners.

Her sex life soon changed dramatically. She had riotous erotic adventures with fallen angels, and together they spawned a huge family of demons called the lilim, creatures virtually identical to the succubi of Christian demonology.

In Muslim lore, however, Lilith indulged in her sexual wants with Satan, and together they spawned the djinn or genies.

Because Lilith left before the Fall, she wasn't plagued by the curse of death as were Eve and Adam. Lilith went on to become a demon in her own right, or perhaps an avenging angel. She sought revenge for the deaths of her children. She launched a war on women in childbirth and on newborn babies (especially boys).

Nevertheless, she was forced by three angels to swear she would not harm mothers and children protected by certain amulets. These amulets bore the names of Sanvi, Sansanvi, and Semangelaf. As late as the 18th century, mothers and children across many cultures took advantage of the protection offered by these amulets. Charms and rituals accompanied the use of the amulets, protecting mothers and infants from the retribution of Lilith. Baby girls were considered vulnerable in their first three weeks of life. Boys were believed to be vulnerable for longer periods of time, however. Any boy under the age of eight was possible prey.

To protect their children, parents drew a charcoal or natron circle of protection on a wall of the child's bedchamber. Inside the circle was written 'Adam and Eve, barring Lilith,' 'protect this child from harm,' or 'Adam and Eve. Out, Lilith!' The names of Sanvi, Sansanvi, and Semangelaf were written on the door. Sometimes amulets with such inscriptions were placed in all corners and throughout the bedchamber. If a child laughed in its sleep, it was a sign that Lilith was present. Tapping the child on the nose made the demon go away.

However, it wasn't only women and children who feared Lilith. Men sought explanation for their wet dreams. The retribution unleashed by Lilith in response to her children's deaths was also aimed at men who slept alone. According to the Talmud, "It is indiscreet for one to sleep in a house as the sole occupant, for Lilith will seize him." (Tough luck for people who live alone.)

Men who experienced nocturnal emissions believed they had been seduced by Lilith, queen of the succubi, in their sleep. These men said incantations in order to prevent any resulting offspring from becoming demons. Some men weren't so lucky. The unlucky ones had their blood sucked out of them. In this way, the insatiable Lilith, along with the equally ancient Lamia, was a vampire. As queen of the succubi, Lilith was believed to have been aided in her nightly endeavours by her minions. Her demon lover Samael (whose name means 'sinister' or 'left') would frolic with Lilith and the succubi near the 'mountains of darkness.'

http://www.weird-encyclopedia.com/Lilith.php

The moral of this story is that missionary is the only way to have sex. Anything else is sin.

Stay blessed.

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lololol. Smh4u.
Re: The Missionary Lilith by johnydon22(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Reyginus:
Lololol. Smh4u.
The lilith story is a real Jewish mythological legend and also found in many other culture, you are probably hearing it for the first time.. You can look it up.

The Christian demonology of sucubus and incubus developed from the lilith legend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 04, 2015
johnydon22:
The lilith story is a real Jewish mythological legend and also found in many other culture, you are probably hearing it for the first time.. You can look it up.

The Christian demonology of sucubus and incubus developed from the lilith legend

I am not disputing that. I am interested in what he termed as moral of the story. Tell me more about your last sentence.
Re: The Missionary Lilith by hahn(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2015
Lol.

First time I'm hearing this though

But honestly, what did these Jewish people smoke? Their imagination is just amazing. Too bad they didn't use it to invent more useful things to the human race

1 Like

Re: The Missionary Lilith by johnydon22(m): 9:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Reyginus:
I am not disputing that. I am interested in what he termed as moral of the story. Tell me more about your last sentence.
There is no need for me to, look it up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
hahn:
Lol.

First time I'm hearing this though

But honestly, what did these Jewish people smoke? Their imagination is just amazing. Too bad they didn't use it to invent more useful things to the human race

The Jewish people have invented much more than any other religion or ethnicity in the world. Do your research.
Re: The Missionary Lilith by johnydon22(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
emrain:

The Jewish people have invented much more than any other religion or ethnicity in the world. Do your research.
Nope i give that to Sumer (mesopotamia) and Greeks, even this Jewish Lilith myth developed from ancient Mesopotamia lilithu myth

2 Likes

Re: The Missionary Lilith by hahn(m): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
emrain:

That doesn't make this story true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
johnydon22:
There is no need for me to, look it up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus
Besides Wikipedia information is there no other thing you know about it?
Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
hahn:

That doesn't make this story true

Yeah, it's just a story... A myth.. ..
Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
johnydon22:
Nope i give that to Sumer (mesopotamia) and Greeks, even this Jewish Lilith myth developed from ancient Mesopotamia lilithu myth

I'm not talking about myths and bullshîts.... I'm talking about inventions that are still in use today.... Or prototypes that led to modern inventions
Re: The Missionary Lilith by johnydon22(m): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
emrain:

I'm not talking about myths and bullshîts.... I'm talking about inventions that are still in use today.... Or prototypes that led to modern inventions
Yet you have Sumer, egypt, greece and rome... Give me one examples of what you think jews invented?

1 Like

Re: The Missionary Lilith by johnydon22(m): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Reyginus:
Besides Wikipedia information is there no other thing you know about it?
I have read about it many time again and it was not even from wikipedia, so you can as well go on your own research am not supposed to do that for you..
You can simply just look it up, am sure you have an internet enabled phone, so go and read more about ancient antiquities and mythology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Missionary Lilith by hahn(m): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
emrain:

Yeah, it's just a story... A myth.. ..

Just like the stories in the bible
Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
hahn:

Just like the stories in the bible

Yeah
Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
johnydon22:
Yet you have Sumer, egypt, greece and rome... Give me one examples of what you think jews invented?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_inventors

Read up bro...
Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
johnydon22:

The Greeks had great philosophers the Italians even used most of their works.... Though Italian, Egyptians, mayans and the sumerians played a significant role in human civilization....
Re: The Missionary Lilith by johnydon22(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
emrain:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_inventors

Read up bro...
Did you check the link you gave, all i see are names of modern jews. . i am talking about ancient inventions and civilizations. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
johnydon22:
I have read about it many time again and it was not even from wikipedia, so you can as well go on your own research am not supposed to do that for you..
You can simply just look it up, am sure you have an internet enabled phone, so go and read more about ancient antiquities and mythology
Lol. Okay.
Re: The Missionary Lilith by wiegraf: 4:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Reyginus:

I dare you to use something other than missionary

Try it and see if you'll get into heaven

Demon
Re: The Missionary Lilith by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2015
wiegraf:

I dare you to use something other than missionary
Try it and see if you'll get into heaven
Demon
Lololol. You need an anti-psychotropic agent.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs And Their AUTHORS And Lyrics / Church Asks Congregation To Support Theirs In MTN Project Fame... / Ever Since I Started Going To This My New Posh Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.