Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Technology As A Culture Is Breaking Rather Than Making Us - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Technology As A Culture Is Breaking Rather Than Making Us (748 Views)

What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? / What Matter Most Is It Making Money Than Making Friends / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Technology As A Culture Is Breaking Rather Than Making Us by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
I came back to my parents few weeks back, and actually my much younger siblings were at the boarding house but came back home a week ago. This evening I noticed some family values are getting eroded, thanks to our new culture of electronic gadgetry.

I was feeling lonely in my room after a long spell with my laptop, surfing the internet, watching a movie, playing a game and then I got bored just now.
Then I decided to check on my lil bro, a seccondary school aged lad, in his room. Alas! He too have being busy with his laptop after coming back from holiday lesson earlier. From the PC he is charging his smartphone (he's going to bounce on it whenever he's tired of the laptop, chat some firend nah).
Away from that my lil sister (much younger) is also in her own world chuckling at winning some points from playing Zuma on her phone. Am very sure after that she's going to the social web, do her own chat (2go and the likes).

Dad and mum are in the sitting room watching TV and evening news.
Funny thing is, this can continue till late in the night with nobody interfering the others business, unless mum yells "Where are you guys, for God's sake".

Is this not a biting slap on family values and togetherness? I missed those days when my only laptop was the one existing and me and my siblings will play 'Winning Eleven' till mama calls or when the whole family comes together to watch a common film, watch the same news and chit chat on matters together.

Now dad watches news, me stream youtube music videos, others watch Korean movies, another is seeing Jackie Chan movie....ALL AT THE SAME TIME and keeping his/her space.
I tire o. I think our culture is taking a drastic turn this days.

How is your own end like?
Cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove.
Re: Technology As A Culture Is Breaking Rather Than Making Us by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know Shawn "Jay-z" Carter Is A Nigerian Chief / SOON HE RETURNS / What Most African Perform Online As Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.