Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

God on trial - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God on trial (457 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice / Zimbabwean Pastor "Calls God On Phone, Speaks With Him In Church". Photos/Video / Muslim Lawyer Faults Apostle Suleman's Media Trial, Raises 10 Posers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God on trial by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
In the words of A W Pink,"God is sovereign,He does as He pleases,only as He pleases and always as He pleases".I was watching a live satellite broadcast recently and a popular preacher was ministering.In the course of His ministration,a woman mailed a letter complaining bitterly on the challenges she was currently undergoing as a single mother and how God had "disappointed" her.I felt her pains too! The preacher spoke comfortingly to her but He spoke foolishly,uttering a statement that kept me wondering.I was really mad.I don't remember getting upset like that in my life and I remember shouting,what!.After reminding Her of God's goodness and faithfulness quoting Rom 8:28 and a string of verses,He went on to say,"Woman,YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE GOD".And I'm scared-- to many in these degenerate times,the God of Scripture is nothing more than an Indulgent Old man who has no sovereign prerogative.Doesn't He(God) have the right to withold his bounties from whomever he wills?Is it absolutely necessary He blesses you even if you're saved?Ah,Friends,IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BRING THE ALMIGHTY UNDER ANY OBLIGATIONS TO THE CREATURE.When we have carried out our duty to the fullest,we are to say, Luke 17:10 ‘We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty'.Methinks,these generation needs some elementary teachings on the "Sovereignity of God".This evil atheistic whispering took a more subtle and different garb last semester,when a Brother came to my room for Personal evangelism,in the course of his sermon,he was telling my room mate,"Brother,God created Hell but I WISH IT WEREN'T SO".And at that statement,I'd to interrupt him,"Sir,are you holier or more loving than God?or would you've God be other than He is?".Friends,If we rejoice not “at the remembrance of His holiness,justice and truth“ (Psa 97:12),and if we rejoice not to know that in a soon-coming Day,God will make a most glorious display of His wrath by taking vengeance upon all who now reject and despise Him,it is proof that our hearts are not in subjection to Him,His decrees and His providence and like that preacher,we are yet in our sins, and on the way to everlasting burnings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God on trial by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
Re: God on trial by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2015
Holiness isn't merely a conformity to Jesus Christ or avoidance of Sin.It also has to do with an acceptance and delight in HIS Providence and decrees.

(1) (Reply)

Learn More About The Laws Of YAHUAH/YAHWEH / , / Explanation Of Things Happening Around Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.