Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again (30238 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by jaybee3(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2015
AbdulHaram:

Mtcheew! You don't have the money! So Vanguard and ThisDay are liars? angry angry

Provide the direct quote and see if you won't be credited with N100K. I'm a man of my words!

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by RichDad1(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2015
Ahmeduana:

ENU LO WA YEN!
whats diss one saying? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 05, 2015
soe:

Hello...can we please be reasonable here.

The United States is not running a stagnant economy...their currency value would definitely rise and fall at some points...the influence of a capitalist economy cannot be over-ruled.

On the other hand, what we are doing is to have a nation that is less dependent on the US economy, Mynd44 had asked a very salient question yesterday for which no one could answer.

he asked, Why did the Naira fall so badly from 160 to 200 in 2014/2015 ? If you can answer that, then we can reason with your cock and bull theory

The answer is so simple. A number of factors contribute to the rise or fall of a country's currency; We have the stock market/foreign investments, tourism and international trade. But basically, and speaking in lay man terms, if you have more people replacing their currencies with your currency, then your currency will rise in value. If you have more people dealing in your currency than their currency, then your value will rise. Sadly as the reverse implies, if you have more people dumping your own currency for the other currency, your value will nose dive.

If you look at the above relation, you will notice that it all falls back to a demand/supply chain rule, but not explicitly.

The only back door approach to a rise/fall currency value is the so called "de-valuation or denomination" of the currency which has to do with the Central Bank physically reducing the supply of your own currency so as to make it seem as though it is scarce again.

So what do you think happened in 2014/2015, Corrupt polithiefians knew it was the season of campaign and stealing and stashing and looting. It was the season to keep monies at home. They all withdrew in USDollars and replaced our Naira with Dollars. So, the dollar became increasingly more sought in our local market, almost competing with the Naira. Hence the crash of the Naira in the local (black) market.

What CBN is doing now, as part of the change program, is to force the polithiefians to return to the need and use of Naira and dispose their ill gotten USDollars stashed in their personal and underground vaults. The moment USDollars is not acceptable to our local banks. That will reverse the 2014/2015 trend and restore the Naira value to 160.

But as I said...the US Govt. has an economy to run also, and until we successfully reduce the dependency of our economy on theirs, our Naira value will also rise and fall intermittently....the good news however is that the USDollars is no longer competing with the NAIRA in our loal market...we are shifting the battle back to the International FOREX MARKET

So why is it not working wink
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by DTOBS(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
Barcanista must be a prophet. grin grin grin

I pray naira comes back to 160 170 sha coz my business is being affected.
Hey lady,what biz re u talkng abt?
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Pidggin(f): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2015
najoke:

Madam, I dont mean to be rude but u disappoint me......here is what he said....from the link you provided o!

I will give another chance.....I am waiting for you Wailers to provide a link

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-i-i-ll-make-naira-equal-to-the-dollar/20488/

Please take off that APC sunglasses cool you have on before you read this.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by mickey45: 9:31am On Aug 05, 2015
soe:

Hello...can we please be reasonable here.

The United States is not running a stagnant economy...their currency value would definitely rise and fall at some points...the influence of a capitalist economy cannot be over-ruled.

On the other hand, what we are doing is to have a nation that is less dependent on the US economy, Mynd44 had asked a very salient question yesterday for which no one could answer.

he asked, Why did the Naira fall so badly from 160 to 200 in 2014/2015 ? If you can answer that, then we can reason with your cock and bull theory

The answer is so simple. A number of factors contribute to the rise or fall of a country's currency; We have the stock market/foreign investments, tourism and international trade. But basically, and speaking in lay man terms, if you have more people replacing their currencies with your currency, then your currency will rise in value. If you have more people dealing in your currency than their currency, then your value will rise. Sadly as the reverse implies, if you have more people dumping your own currency for the other currency, your value will nose dive.

If you look at the above relation, you will notice that it all falls back to a demand/supply chain rule, but not explicitly.

The only back door approach to a rise/fall currency value is the so called "de-valuation or denomination" of the currency which has to do with the Central Bank physically reducing the supply of your own currency so as to make it seem as though it is scarce again.

So what do you think happened in 2014/2015, Corrupt polithiefians knew it was the season of campaign and stealing and stashing and looting. It was the season to keep monies at home. They all withdrew in USDollars and replaced our Naira with Dollars. So, the dollar became increasingly more sought in our local market, almost competing with the Naira. Hence the crash of the Naira in the local (black) market.

What CBN is doing now, as part of the change program, is to force the polithiefians to return to the need and use of Naira and dispose their ill gotten USDollars stashed in their personal and underground vaults. The moment USDollars is not acceptable to our local banks. That will reverse the 2014/2015 trend and restore the Naira value to 160.

But as I said...the US Govt. has an economy to run also, and until we successfully reduce the dependency of our economy on theirs, our Naira value will also rise and fall intermittently....the good news however is that the USDollars is no longer competing with the NAIRA in our loal market...we are shifting the battle back to the International FOREX MARKET

At least we'll clear out the artificial "Sinks" and "Pockets" in the system. Then appropriate measures can be taken since the actual size of the market will then be known

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Firefire(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2015
AbdulHaram:

1001 - 21 = ?
angry

Why minus 21 ?

The grandpa is still enjoying honeymoon na ?
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by AbdulHaram(m): 9:34am On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

Some of his campaign promises are election gimmicks and he will certainly be held to them but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be measured with an aggregated coefficient score of economic and quality of life indices within appropriate time periods

You can't be shouting murder when he has barely started.

It's plain ridiculous!

Like -
Chibok girls
Boko haram
One free meal (to include fruits) daily, for public primary school pupils
N1 = $1
Public declaration of assets and liabilities
Revival of Ajaokuta steel company
Construction of a second Niger Bridge,
Using Coal deposits in Enugu to generate electricity to serve the South East,
Stabilize the price of oil in the world market
Empowerment scheme to employ 740,000 graduates across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory
Three million Jobs per year (smh! undecided)
720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation per annum (20,000 per state)
Building an airport in Ekiti state ( grin grin grin Fayose state) angry
Eradication of state of origin, replacing that with state of residence to ensure Nigerians are Nigerians first, before anything else (yaaawn!)
- Which of them? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by freeslash: 9:35am On Aug 05, 2015
SenseiX:

https://www.thecable.ng/dramatic-reversal-naira-falls-n2351

How can I check this parallel market rate online.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by AbdulHaram(m): 9:36am On Aug 05, 2015
Firefire:

Why minus 21 ?

The grandpa is still enjoying honeymoon na ?
He has tried jo! angry 21 out of 1001 leaves you with 980. By God's grace he'll round them up if you give him more 15 years! angry angry
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Ahmeduana(m): 9:37am On Aug 05, 2015
RichDad1:

whats diss one saying? undecided undecided undecided undecided
THERE YOU ARE? BARCANISTA DON WAKA LEAVE YOU, DEY THERE MAKE YOU DEY LICK BUHARI A$$!
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 05, 2015
When the barcanister predicted this all dos zombies with rotten brain wanted to roast his ass but as we can all see he was right in the end that's the beauty of true intelligence as against the blind reeking ignorance exhibited by our beloved apc boys and gurls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by damiloladuke: 9:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Tbillz:
Change is constant!

yeah, you are right

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Firefire(m): 9:39am On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

Some of his campaign promises are election gimmicks and he will certainly be held to them but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be measured with an aggregated coefficient score of economic and quality of life indices within appropriate time periods

You can't be shouting murder when he has barely started.

It's plain ridiculous!

You mean election gimmicks when Nigerians voted him as a "Miracle Worker" ? I pity the end of Buahri if he fails to fulfill all the campaign promises.

Considering the level of secrecy and corruption in Lagos the HQ of ACN now APC, I hate APC with passion. angry

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by mployer(m): 9:41am On Aug 05, 2015
jaybee3:

The official rate is still N197 to the dollar so why are you wailing?

What doom has the volatility in parallel market rates done to the economy in real terms?

You left official rate at 197 but still won't allow forex transactions. Who is fooling who?

It is like saying my item is cheap but I'm not selling to anyone grin
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by najoke: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Pidggin:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-i-i-ll-make-naira-equal-to-the-dollar/20488/

Please take off that APC sunglasses cool you have on before you read this.

Pls put on your PDP Glasses and paste PMB quote saying he will make $1=N1 here .......and shame me....i have pasted what he said....pls paste urs now

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by ocelot2006(m): 9:45am On Aug 05, 2015
yehmi01:

I am not a business analyst or an expert in how the value of money increases or decreases.

To be honest I would like to know what this Barcanista dude said and in less than 24 hours it happened.

Now why don't we look at it this way. If people like this guy that every one is talking about (Barcanista) has a good info of how this work would I be right to appeal to him to also advise us on how it can also be better.

Really to destroy something can be easily done but to fix is not as easy.

Let's not start praising or causing any one about this.

For those calling him a prophet of dome I don't think its called for.

If you have the analysis he has you will know what he knows so please let's stop spiritualizing what is not.

Please advice what can we do to make sure naira gains value and remains that way.

Who knows weather a rep of CBN might just be on NL and can learn from this.

Not every thing should be a joke or a platform for throwing insults

After seeing greece and what debit can do to a nation, I belive that its the collective help and responsibility of every citizen of Nigeria to help fix this and get us out of this mess.

I fully agree, but Barcanista ' s post yesterday wasn't about ridiculing the current administration, and he did proffer some solutions.

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Firefire(m): 9:45am On Aug 05, 2015
AbdulHaram:

He has tried jo! angry 21 out of 1001 leaves you with 980. By God's grace he'll round them up if you give him more 15 years! angry angry

Abeg tell me, which 21 has he fulfilled ?

Also we should give BUBU more 15 years ? shocked Hilarious...

Current Age = 73 (Football Age)

Plus another 15 = 88 Years Old... Incredible

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by AbdulHaram(m): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2015
Firefire:

Abeg tell me, which 21 has he fulfilled ?

Also we should give BUBU more 15 years ? shocked Hilarious...

Current Age = 73 (Football Age)

Plus another 15 = 88 Years Old... Incredible
17 appointments for the north
SS - 2
SW - 2
17+2+2 = 21
Please give him some credit, he's crawling moving! angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Pidggin(f): 9:51am On Aug 05, 2015
najoke:

Pls put on your PDP Glasses and paste PMB quote saying he will make $1=N1 here .......and shame me....i have pasted what he said....pls paste urs now

Ah I see, suddenly you don't understand English anymore.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by SeverusSnape(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2015
AbdulHaram:
17 appointments for the north SS - 2 SW - 2 17+2+2 = 21 Please give him some credit, he's crawling moving! angry angry
grin grin grin
YOU'RE RIGHT SIR.
Firefire don't you think this is an achievement grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Firefire(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2015
AbdulHaram:

17 appointments for the north
SS - 2
SW - 2
17+2+2 = 21
Please give him some credit, he's crawling moving! angry angry

I agree now... Baba Go Slow is moving cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by 989900: 10:00am On Aug 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

even a baby knows that was because of the fall in the price of crude oil.

That answer works for the gullible.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by jaybee3(m): 10:02am On Aug 05, 2015
Firefire:

You mean election gimmicks when Nigerians voted him as a "Miracle Worker" ? I pity the end of Buahri if he fails to fulfill all the campaign promises.

Considering the level of secrecy and corruption in Lagos the HQ of ACN now APC, I hate APC with passion. angry

I detest corruption with passion as well and wouldn't buck at any chance of getting any of those found wanting nailed

So the question is, if you have so much evidence of corruption in LSG, why then haven't you petitioned the efcc?

Perception is not an evidence of guilt!
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 05, 2015
That is why I'm in love with him wink
softvio:
Barcanista ! ..the guy is so intelligent that he didn't allowed his sentiments or the fear to be against the so called e-apc robots to stop him with his predicted facts
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by najoke: 10:04am On Aug 05, 2015
Pidggin:

Ah I see, suddenly you don't understand English anymore.
Yes I dont…. Shame me now.… post it
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Reference(m): 10:07am On Aug 05, 2015
Nnemuka:
Am no buhari fan but this fall in naira is affecting my work. Really sad to watch how everything keeps crumbling. angry

I export as well so I'm having the time of my life. My clients are silent about my bills, no haggling as before and I guess they are holding their breathe expecting me to ramp up my bills in line with the devaluation but I choose to hold steady to .gain market traction.

Nigeria should be outgunning the Indians and Chinese because of our weak currency but typical most people will not see the advantage until inflation eats up the comperative advantage. Stop complaining and think export. Be productive.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by idros4real: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2015
I don't know why people are hailing this barcanista of a thing. I don't he deserve any praise cos vividly he was Pro Jonathan who did not see any good thing in Buhari administration but to proof him and his allies wrong as at 10am this morning 1$ = #199 and I don't know where people got this rocketed amount #235. Check xe.com if you are doubting me to confirm.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Pidggin(f): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2015
najoke:

Yes I dont…. Shame me now.… post it

I have posted it already, read it!
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by scantee(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2015
I am not surprise @ll, though i pray things gets better. @Barcanista sup man ur head is still there 247
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by wiseoneking: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2015
RichDad1:

He's just a prophet of doom that will be shamed very soon.
Eeeyah. Dont blame Barcanista. Blame Buhari. He is the main prophet of Doom. He promised you #1 to $1 but ended up in hitting it to world breaking record of #245
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by idros4real: 11:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Richdad please free this guys are just wailing, as at last week when I checked xe.com it was 1$ = #243 but as am talking to you now 1$ = #199. So let them continue to wail.

wiseoneking:
Eeeyah. Dont blame Barcanista. Blame Buhari. He is the main prophet of Doom. He promised you #1 to $1 but ended up in hitting it to world breaking record of #245

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Payday: Nigerian Favour Ori Breaks Record In Rwanda / Consumer Protection Council Orders Dstv To Compensate Consumers / FBI List: EFCC Goes After Bankers, BDC Operators Aiding Cybercriminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.