Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

The Politics That Was Played In Mathematics Association Of Nigeria Competition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Politics That Was Played In Mathematics Association Of Nigeria Competition (988 Views)

50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / How Do I Help My Pupils To Be Good In Mathematics? / Professor's Wife Bags Ph.d In Mathematics, Son Bags Degree In Engineering. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Politics That Was Played In Mathematics Association Of Nigeria Competition by onlynaija: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2015
It is with disdain that I want to inform the general public of the Politics that was played in the State Final of Mathematics Association of Nigeria, Enugu State Chapter. The State final was conducted on the first day of August, 2015 to select four students in each category that will be representing the State for the National that will be coming up by the end of August 2015.
The first stage was objective and the students were told their scores, though it was held in Enugu and Nsukka respectively . The second stage was theory and the students from the two centre's came to Enugu to write it. The scores of students was not open to all. The State final that was then held in Nsukka came and all the students that were invited came for the examination which was PowerPoint presentation as they were told. After the examination that was objective which all the students participated in, they were then told that they will select two students from the second stage and the best two from the final.
The question then is:
1. Why should that be done without informing the students concern before the State final was conducted?
2. If they had known that such will be applied, why did they allow all the students to participate in the final instead of selecting the best two from the second stage instead of allowing all the students to write the final?
3.What then is a final if the selection will be done from each stage.
As a Mathematics graduate who came to know about what happened from someone, I was shocked that this can be obtainable in this present time were due process are adhered to.
I strongly believe that the right authority in the National should be informed to avoid future occurrence if it had not happened in the time past.
Re: The Politics That Was Played In Mathematics Association Of Nigeria Competition by Rexceedo: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2015
really?

(1) (Reply)

Vice-chancellor Michael Okpara Reacting To Critics… Prof Edeoga / ICAN November Diet 2015 Exam Thread / UNIB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.