Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

My 5 Best Games For 2015 So Far - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / My 5 Best Games For 2015 So Far (1197 Views)

Five Best Games For Infinix Note 4 Pro / Best Games Yet To Come / The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 5 Best Games For 2015 So Far by phemiay(m): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2015
I have fixed the keyboard of my laptop about 3 times this year. Yeah, your guess is right, I'm a game freak. Well gaming is one sure way to relax the mind - keeping it far from the worries of life. So far so good I am going to give you a list of what games I consider to be the best games for 2015 so far. Of course you can add yours in the comments. So let's explore them.

1. Batman: Arkham Knight
The most cinematic game of the year to date came in the form of the fourth installment in the unexpectedly great “Arkham” series. Clearly inspired by Christopher Nolan and Alan Moore’s takes on The Dark Knight, “Arkham” was arguably the darkest video game featuring Batman to date. It’s also, in many ways, the most thematically dense. This is Batman at his most haunted, captured perfectly by an imaginary Joker (voiced perfectly by Mark Hamill) who taunts and teases him at every turn. Strong voice work (although some questionable dialogue at times) elevates a game that really feels like it belongs in the conversation of the great Summer movies of 2015. Heck, it’s better than half of them.

2. Bloodborne
I know a lot of people who are still avoiding “Bloodborne” because of the stories about its undeniably high degree of difficulty. Perhaps you’ve played “Dark Souls” and cried at the gamer torture held within. Perhaps you fear the gamer PTSD that comes when one commits to a game that exists primarily to tear down your defenses and kill you over and over and over again. Whatever your hesitation about this amazing game, leave it at the door. Yes, you will die. A LOT. But “Bloodborne” is a masterpiece because it completely reconfigures the way you approach a game. Death isn’t a speed bump, it is a learning experience. Yes, you will scream in frustration, but the satisfaction gained by actually conquering what first seems impossible in this game is the kind of gaming adrenalin we simply don’t see that often any more. It’s an actual accomplishment.

3. Game of Thrones
HBO’s hit drama may have been a bit down this year but the Telltale Games episodic adventure based on both it and the George R. R. Martin books feels downright revolutionary at times. I’ve praised Telltale here before and you really NEED to play “The Walking Dead” if you want to understand where games are going in the next ten years, but “Game of Thrones” is that rare experience that gets more complex and rewarding with each subsequent episode. Like the series, “GoT” is often about tough decisions in which there is no “good choice.” More so than “Tales From the Borderlands” (which I enjoy too, for the record) or the sometimes-frustrating “Life is Strange,” “Game of Thrones” feels both like a carefully-crafted experience and something over which you maintain complete authorship.

4. The Order: 1886
Don’t yell at me. I agree, “The Order” is not a great game. It’s too short and too repetitious. So why is it in the top five? Because it’s a game that all PS4 owners were talking about at some point this year. It’s essential, even if it’s imperfect. It’s a game that was clearly developed from a perspective of world creation—look at this incredible environment in which you can play! And it contains some of the most impressive graphics of the year. The fact that Sony gave us such a gorgeous playground but failed to really give us the freedom to play within it is indicative of what gamers want in 2015. It’s also simply better than you’ve heard. Yes, it’s short. But it’s also BEAUTIFUL. I find it fascinating that it’s been so quickly written off by gamers. Some will come around to it by the end of the year and realize what they missed More »

5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Speaking of beautiful games, if you want to show off the visual capabilities of your PS4, this is the game with which to do it. It’s the most impressive world creation on the PS4 to date, as you really feel like this saga takes place in a fully-realized, alive universe. There are surprises around every corner. There are new enemies, new treasures, new challenges. This is video game design as immersion—a place you don’t just visit, you experience. And a place you want to return to again and again to see all the things you’ve missed.

http://www.josphatinfo.com/2015/08/my-5-best-games-for-2015-so-far.html
Re: My 5 Best Games For 2015 So Far by cao(f): 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Edited the post - added the actual article, phemiay no need to be sly. You'd be surprised how many folks will ignore your post if it appears to only click-bait. Take cues from MissTechy. You can still add the story and add your site as the source, we'll visit it if we like what you post, don't force us to click your site like it's a prize.

On to the topic, oh yes on The Witcher 3, I don't own a current gen console (hopefully I'll own a PS4 by Christmas), but from all I've seen from it, The Witcher 3 is one of the games I'll definitely get, with over 200 hours of gameplay, it's a no brainer.

The Order 1886 was a very pretty looking interactive movie. They messed up with that one. I'll just wait for Dishonoured: Definitive Edition instead.
Re: My 5 Best Games For 2015 So Far by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Agree with Arkham Knight. Haven't played it yet. But with the gameplay's and clips i've seen, i wasn't disappointed. God help my controller when i finally get my hands on this game
Re: My 5 Best Games For 2015 So Far by Jeromejnr(m): 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
It's Uncharted 4 for me for now till the new Tombraider comes out.

I am sure Tombraider will be my best for this year.

(1) (Reply)

Download The New Assassins Creed Chronicles India For Free / GTA 5 Kitty-Cat / In Need Of Clean Ps3 Hacked With 500gb Hdd And Games ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.