Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

In The Midst Of Worry,the Story Of A Banker Whose Something Suprising Happen To - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In The Midst Of Worry,the Story Of A Banker Whose Something Suprising Happen To (679 Views)

Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / Is MMM Really Back (the Story Of A Participant) / More Of Faith, Less Of Worry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The Midst Of Worry,the Story Of A Banker Whose Something Suprising Happen To by Thestories1234(f): 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2015

It was on the 4th of November,2003, on that day I woke up in the morning and checked the time, it was 8.30 am, I screamed as I was late for work, a bank work for that matter, "I have to get things done faster" , banks don't waste time greeting their workers with a sack letter, already for the past 2 weeks , I have been misbehaving with my work and duties at my workplace.

I thought the last two week was the worst week for me ever, I have even been giving query by the bank two times and threatened to be sacked if I ever repeat my offence once more time . . . . . but today I shouldn't have wake up late after being advised by the Branch Manager to come to work early as the banks expects a high profile guest. I was still wondering the devil that was behind the whole act that made me woke up at that time...

I did not bother to take a full bath not to talk of taking my breakfast, around 8.45 am , I was heading to the garage where my car was packed, who knows ,maybe the wicked Branch Manager may not even show up before me , that was my faith at that time.......

I quickly open the car door and ignite the car and to my suprise the car refuse to start, I initially thought it was warm up problem, so I tried starting the car for next 5 times and fortunately on the 6th attempt, the engine responded and I boost it up for 3minutes , I quickly click the gear and up it went towards the gate and stopped moving just outside the compound, I was frustrated because it didn't show any sign of starting anymore. That was the time I experienced the real fear ever in my life....

Once more time, I checked the time and it was 9.30 am , I was extremely late for work, I was wondering what my fate will be that day as I think about my life, I could remember the last time a high profile guest like that came to the branch ,and how Wilson , an active worker in the branch was sacked despite the plead by our former branch manager, his offence was that he went for break without signing the checkout booklet.

I thought to myself , mine couldn't be different, to make it worst , our new and current manager is not a type that can plead for his workers, for the past two weeks , I have been passing through hell because of this man......unlike my previous good performance, the man is more concern in the bad than good, through out my stay of 3 years working for the bank , there was no bad record of my performance, he is aware of this fact, according , my performance is always excellent and stands out compared to other workers in the bank.

Just then as I was thinking about my life, the street mechanic showed up , I called his attention , it took him 30 minutes trying to fixed the fault which made me start loading for an alternative , I had to pay a taxi to my place of work.

I was so bitter by the events that happenned that day, the traffic hold up , the driver branching to fuelled his car, dropping off passengers and at some point in time, I shouted at the driver when he drives slowly trying to check if the person standing by the roadside will break him....

Finally I was at the bank, and I checked the time, it was 11.35am , our high profile visitor was already in the house, there was a meeting going on...I can hear them discussing about me, they were checking my record, I fear because if am sacked, I will invariably leave the city for the village, then what will I tell my two year old kid, that I was sacked cause I didnt wake up early....and what about my parent, all their hope is on me....

I entered the meeting hall trembling , nobody said anything to me, I detected danger, I greeted the guest and he was staring at me like he has met his ex-girlfriend, I wanted to explain what happen, he cut me short and advise not to explain.....

HE NOW HANDED OVER AN ENVELOPE TO ME....I opened it

IT WAS A PROMOTION LETTER, I was promoted to the post of assistant secretary at the National Headquarter and my salary increased from 100k to 450k......

Our guest said as he addresse us that he saw me standing by the road side with the mechanic, he then picked the other letter, from the inscription, I can see it was SACKED LETTER, he folded it and throw it in a dust bin.....

THAT'S HOW I WAS SUPRISED IN THE MIDST OF WORRY.

What's your say on the story,

CULLED FROM www.stories1234.com
Re: In The Midst Of Worry,the Story Of A Banker Whose Something Suprising Happen To by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: In The Midst Of Worry,the Story Of A Banker Whose Something Suprising Happen To by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
Interesting..... Assuming the person who experienced this is here, i could have asked some questions. But in her absence, i will just say, Interesting!

(1) (Reply)

Several Reading Positions For Several Genres (photos Included). / See Why Every Writer Should Publish Online In Nigeria / Collection Of Olamilite's Poems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.