Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer (567 Views)

Female CRUTECH Student Dies 2 Weeks After Matriculation (Photo) / Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students / See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer by Henrybright(m): 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
A lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering in
the Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH),
Engineer Stephen Tekum was yesterday arrested by men of
the Department of State Security, DSS while delivering a
lecture in the institution for extorting students.
CrossRiverWatch gathered that Stephen was arrested while
delivering a lecture at the ETF lecture hall with students by
officials of the DSS led by senior management officials
including the Vice Chancellor, VC of the institution,
Professor Anthony Owan Enoh in what some students
described as judgement day for the lecturer who many say
is a notorious ‘sorting master’.
Findings by CrossRiverWatch also revealed that Stephen
who is a graduate of the institution and was sponsored by
the institution for his Masters degree outside the country,
upon his return became a thorn in the flesh of students.
Investigations reveal that Stephen requires his project
students to pay a minimum of N25, 000 naira for his project
students with a proof of payment into his account and
demands up to 50 thousand naira to pass carry over
students.
Students who spoke with CrossRiverWatch say he had
earlier been warned by the Vice Chancellor but paid no heed
which forced the head of the institution to invite officials of
the DSS.
Efforts to speak with some members of the institution’s
management proved abortive as some were tight lipped on
the issue.
http://crossriverwatch.com/2015/08/students-extortion-dss-arrests-crutech-lecturer/

Re: Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer by HungerBAD: 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
DSS? I might be wrong, but I thought they were established for National Security matters or something bordering on threat to the States.

What's with the arresting of a low threat corrupt teacher? should be a police matter, as this is a purely extortion matter.

Anyway, the government of Buhari is working.

3 Likes

Re: Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer by INTROVERT(f): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer by ladyF(f): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
DSS and its recent activeness is a cause for concern....
Re: Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer by Pierocash(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
ok noted
Re: Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer by Henrybright(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
HungerBAD:
DSS? I might be wrong, but I thought they were established for National Security matters or something bordering on threat to the States.

What's with the arresting of a low threat corrupt teacher? should be a police matter, as this is a purely extortion matter.

students are very happy about it especially Engineering students
Re: Students Extortion: DSS Arrests CRUTECH Lecturer by ndukwejoe(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
HungerBAD:

DSS should rather leave him ? abi .

(1) (Reply)

Update On Adeyemi Federal University Of Education Post Utme / Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology (lautech) 2015 Post Utme Results Out!!! / Phd Scholarships In Social And Political Sciences - University Of Milan, Italy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.