Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger (6917 Views)

Best Affordable Camera Phones 2017 / Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
The truth is, in the smart phone category, there are
elder statesmen in camera ability (iPhone , Nokia or
Samsung Galaxy S6 ) but information reaching us
suggests that Tecno’s soon-to-be-released Camon C8
is going to rattle & surprise everyone.
Looking at the camera specs you might not be wowed
(with a 5MP Front facing camera & 13MP back facing
camera), but the magic is in its image processing engine
and software that makes the Camon C8’s camera
lens so sensitive to light & colors and a phase-detection
system that allows the phone capture within 0.3s, so you
never miss those instant moments.
I also got word about a feature called Quick Snap which
allows you, from the lock screen, take pictures and save
it in just 3 seconds. That is impressive considering other
smart phones need at least 7 seconds to operate from
standby to save, I’m really curious to see how they
made this possible.
From what I’ve heard about the Camon C8’s camera,
no matter how poor the lighting is in your environment,
the C8 will capture the perfect pictures, as it is perfect
for the clearest of selfies at night.
Now with these juicy details, it looks like those impulsive
unpredictable moments that are always missed during
outings with friends (especially the weekend ones where
everyone dressed to impress and ready to have some fun)
might just be captured and saved with this device before
they are over.

GENERAL SPECIFICATION
GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G: 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 /
SIM: Dual SIM
Availability:
Announced August 2015

DISPLAY
Type: IPS LCD capacitive
touchscreen, 16M colors
Size: 5.5-inch 720 x 1280 pixels
(~-ppi pixel density)
Multitouch: Yes
Protection: – not clear at this
time

SOUND
Loudspeaker: Vibration, MP3
ringtones
Alert Types: Yes
3.5mm jack: Yes

MEMORY
Card slot: Yes, up to 64 GB
Internal 16GB ROM , 1GB RAM

PLATFORM
Android 5.0 Lollipop (64-bit)
MediaTek MT6735 (64-bit)
1.3GHz Quad-core
Mali-T720
1GB
16GB
MicroSD, up to 32 GB
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity
compass

CAMERA
Primary: 13MP, phase
detection autofocus, LED flash
Features: Geo-tagging, touch
focus, face detection, HDR,
panorama
Video: Yes
Secondary: 5MP

DATA
2G: GPRS – up to 32 to 48 kbps;
EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps
3G: Up to 21.2 mbps downlink;
Up to 5.76 mbps uplink
4G: NO
WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi
hotspot, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct
Bluetooth: Version 4.0, A2DP,LE

FEATURES
Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro,
proximity, compass
Messaging: SMS(threaded
view), MMS, Email, Push
Email, IM
Browser: HTML5
Radio: Yes
Java: Yes, via Java MIDP
emulator
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS,
GLONASS
Colors: Midnight Black, Dark
Blue, Amber Gold and Oyster
White
USB: microUSB v2.0
BATTERY
Capacity: Li-Ion 3000 mAh

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 8:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
See the pictures for yourselves they’re very clear From the looks of it, Tecno is not just playing the affordable card anymore, they have set their sights on something bigger, real value for money. We are patiently anticipating the launch of this device.

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Skykid1208(m): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nice one from Tecno
waiting patiently for the price to be anounced.
Meanwhile may God Continue to punish the thief that stole my H6.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Immanueladebol(m): 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ego ne?
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
Skykid1208:
Nice one from Tecno
waiting patiently for the price to be anounced.
Meanwhile may God Continue to punish the thief that stole my H6.
I guess you are careless about Ur phone? Sorry for the loss anyway
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by pillan(f): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Wait!!!is c5 out already?why announcing c8 wen we re yet to get d former
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Promking: 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
Wait!...Its like Tecno is planning on releasing C5 and C8 together to confuse Nigerians, anyway na the price i dey wait for
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
The price yet to be announced
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 9:08am On Aug 07, 2015
I got some samples pictures comparing the camera of Tecno Camon C8 to that of an IPhone 6

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 9:10am On Aug 07, 2015
The Tecno Camon C8 drop down notification and UI

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2015
What do you guys think of this comparison?
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by encryptjay(m): 9:21am On Aug 07, 2015
Wow! Interesting how Tecno have woken up of recent. The phone is looking nice but that camera test? angry
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by parrotibaba(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2015
The price of this phone will determine its sales
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
A little peep review of the Tecno Camon C8

you intend to buy a high-end smartphone, there’s always a possibility of burning a
hole in your pocket without knowing it. Time and time again, we’ve seen top brands fail in
striking a balance between affordability and premium quality. There’s always a tendency
to sacrifice cool smartphone features for the price it goes for. General, if you want the best
user interface, up-to-date operating system, a great camera, good sound quality and
everything you want in a smartphone, you may need to exceed your budget.
To my surprise though, Tecno has been able to find that balance. Remember the device
mentioned in this post running Android Lollipop? It’s Tecno Camon C8 and it’s probably
going to be the most affordable premium smartphone in the market in the next coming
weeks.
I mentioned the Boom Player when I reviewed Tecno Boom J7 and I was at Ikeja during the
week to meet the Music Resource team for the Boom player app. It was an informal
meeting and we kinda talked about several things. I had a chance to see the new phone
again. I was placed on the table and it looked sleek.
I had a chance to look more closely at the phone. I picked up the phone, looked through
some key specifications, placed it on the table and took some quick shots. I had to do it in a
hurry. Anyway, I think I did enough spying and have more information about this upcoming device.

First Look
First impressions? There are two things actually that initially caught my eye: the physical
build and the camera support features. I’m beginning to think this phone is going to be an
official flagship device. It has that premium feel when you hold it and trust me, it looks
amazing.

Rear & Front Cameras With Flash
Checking the back camera, the first thing you notice is the dual LED flash positioned on the right side of the camera. It’s got a 13MP camera with Auto Focus. I could see that on the leftside of the camera.
Remember Tecno Phantom Z sports a front camera with a LED flash? This new device has it too and I’m sure selfiemaniacs are going to love it.
My assumption is that the front camera is either a 5MP or 8MP camera. I could physically ascertain that.

Camera Shutter button
One other thing I’m yet to see on any Tecno device is a dedicated camera button. It’s on this device and you dont have to tap your screen to take pictures. I’ve already heard this is a camera phone and this button makes it easier taking pictures and selfies. Cool, huh?
I’m pretty much convinced this device has been made with quality image capturing in mind.

Storage & Memory
Checking the storage and memory, there’s a 16GB storage and 1GB random access memory.
The RAM is definitely not what you might be expecting and I actually was expecting something more but then, the speed isn’t bad. Android Lollipop OS runs really fast on 1GB of RAM. The iPhone 6 comes with the same RAM capacity if you think about it.

5.5″ HD DISPLAY
There’s a 5.5″ wide screen display. I wasn’t able to tell the resolution but it’s definitely HD.
The colors are vivid an the soft-touch response is quite good.

Price
I inquired how much the phone is going to be sold and I was surprised when I was told it will be somewhere around N20,000. My contact told me the goal was to create a premium device that’s still affordable. If device is actually sold at this price then, Tecno Camon C8 is ready to break record selling phone in Nigeria

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Ana5000(f): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
Na wa o, they have come again
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Ana5000(f): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
I dont know if i would buy this phone tho

Marvell23:
The Tecno Camon C8 drop down notification and UI
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by BenKafor(m): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2015
The picture quality looks great!
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by BenKafor(m): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2015
I agree

Ana5000:
UI looks great !! cheesy

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
This is looking very nice! shocked
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Skykid1208(m): 1:03am On Aug 10, 2015
Marvell23:
I guess you are careless about Ur phone? Sorry for the loss anyway

i was not careless with it,if i was i would have blamed myself for the loss but the thief that stole the phone was a master planner,cos the way my phone was stolen surprises me.

Thanks anyway i would be more careful with my next phone
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Annkorede: 3:25am On Aug 10, 2015
tecno obviously as the best camera phone right now, even if the phone is no yet released tongue
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Annkorede: 3:26am On Aug 10, 2015
sorry bro, i think you should just get a tecno phone seens it is affordable
Skykid1208:

i was not careless with it,if i was i would have blamed myself for the loss but the thief that stole the phone was a master planner,cos the way my phone was stolen surprises me.

Thanks anyway i would be more careful with my next phone
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Annkorede: 3:43am On Aug 10, 2015
not just looking nice ,it is actually the best have seen so far
ChidinmaRose:
This is looking very nice! shocked
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Annkorede: 4:13am On Aug 10, 2015
me i have booked the camon c8 already, i must be the first to use it in nigeria grin grin grin grin
Ana5000:
Damn this looks so cool! I will get this when it comes out.
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Annkorede: 4:14am On Aug 10, 2015
camon c8 looks greater bro
Ana5000:
UI looks great !! cheesy

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Ana5000(f): 8:38am On Aug 10, 2015
I am a girl.

Annkorede:
camon c8 looks greater bro
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Kimiko(f): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
this camon has been getting rave reviews.. big ups to tecno for this one.
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Kimiko(f): 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
sorry love, but some celebrities are already swearing by the phone.. we wont be among the first to own it sad cry
Annkorede:
me i have booked the camon c8 already, i must be the first to use it in nigeria grin grin grin grin
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Kimiko(f): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
5mp front camera is not beans my dear and that is not even the rear camera.
BenKafor:
The picture quality looks great!
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Kimiko(f): 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
LMAO na only guys like better thing? babes carry eye go market when it comes to phones.
Ana5000:
I am a girl.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Kimiko(f): 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
i trust the women that are into selfies when it comes to camera specifications for phones. they know what works i can guarantee. so for the sheer amount of women giving props to this phone pre-release to us mere mortals, best believe they trust its camera capabilities.
Re: Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger by Marvell23(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
Kimiko:
i trust the women that are into selfies when it comes to camera specifications for phones. they know what works i can guarantee. so for the sheer amount of women giving props to this phone pre-release to us mere mortals, best believe they trust its camera capabilities.
women love selfie die

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Phone Of 50k To Buy. / Man Reported My Post To MTN On Twitter, See What MTN Finally Said (Screenshot) / OMG Have You Seen The New Innjoo Leap 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.