Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,901 members, 7,956,402 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

THE Clonist...(sci-fi) Impossiblity Is Nothing.. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE Clonist...(sci-fi) Impossiblity Is Nothing.. (530 Views)

Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / The Hole (sci-fi) mini -series / GRAND FINALE (Sci-fi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE Clonist...(sci-fi) Impossiblity Is Nothing.. by Jrush(m): 12:34am On Aug 06, 2015
CHAPTER ONE
Can I please get another cup of coffee? The infrequent voice calls, which are only heard when it becomes an emergency. The one you brought is cold already he said. You know I don’t like it when it’s cold. It was his known practice whenever he is lost in his work. But this time it has been different as he has been on this particular one for weeks. He comes very early to work when he doesn’t sleep in his office, talks only when it is necessary, sleeps only when he can’t work and only eats when he must. This ought to be a huge research and maybe the biggest. Here is the coffee sir just the way you like it as Amanda hands him over the hot cup of coffee, with a wide grin which is always warm and welcoming he collects the cup and walks back to his work. Thank you he said as he settles to his work.
Lost in his own thoughts he has been trying to understand without consternation how to clone the brain cells and intelligence. From Dixons book on the genetic revolution where preliminary form of animal cloning started Prof. Brain specter a professor in genetic studies; the head scientist in the ongoing research on cloning in the medical research institute cape villa. He has started a holistic and integral research on building an embryonic pod that can serve as an artificial womb in housing the development of egg and spermatozoa into a cloned human. Despite the colossal failures in the cloning of dolly the first known cloned specie. His latest discovery was going to change the words of cubert Farnsworth when he said “look professor, I may be identical to you in every possible way genetically but that doesn’t mean I am anything like you and the world at large. His research was going to transmit both knowledge and memory from a human to its clone. He provided mitochondria in the pod to provide the power house for cells to transfer knowledge. It was ground breaking and phenomenal. He has spent 12 years of his life in this lab trying to figure out feasibility and plausibility. He has put in all his effort to make this, in a few months now posterity would never forget him. A lot of people have seen him as crazy, kook and crank but his conviction was as clear as the daylight. I sometimes dream of talking to my clone in my dreams he says to his colleagues. Brian you should really slow down because this research is making you go hire wire, all you think about is work and work only, don’t forget you have a son and you lost your wife because of this work.
This was his biggest research and he is just a tiny bit close to solving this enigma. He has put his whole life into this and he is not going back now. He has not left his office in two days and it seems like he just came in, his work was his life and his life was his work. He had heard speculations about the United Nations taking their company to court, they analyzed that it was humanly unethical, unnatural and not conventional to clone humans. They argued that this was going to be the end of humanity that we are “playing God”, this was the actualization of Frankenstein and was going to cause chaos and anarchy some others said. It has been going on for a while now. He knows better than everyone that it was going to be now or never. He has to finish before the last verdict is passed. He couldn’t comprehend how bringing cherished memories would be a crime. He was helping humanity; he was making life better and easier. As he looked outside his office, how soon the day has gone he said, he looked at his time it was past 8:00pm already. Jeez” He jumped up as he remembered he promised his son he will be home for dinner. He walked quietly to his car in the basement. This was going to be a special dinner so he drove down the local store to get a bottle of wine.

CHAPTER TWO
Prof. Specters house located at the far end of the street, isolated from the bustling and the noise of the city. He loves it when it quiet and serene, his only neigbours are two old couple who are either always sleeping or drinking. The house stood out on its own magnificent and modern as ever. After driving into the garage he came out, he was staring at the house. It was a cold winter evening; Brian could remember when he first moved here with his wife ten years ago. It was one of their greatest achievements to own a house as big and beautiful as this one. He is standing here now and Nicole is no more. Sometimes he thinks maybe he sold his soul to the devil but it was his love and passion for science. He opened the front door and stepped into the warm sitting room. The four bedroom duplex with a classical design and furniture to match with the decorations. A huge television on the Conner, a set of cushion and a round table made the place both cozy and simple. It was more of his house rather than his home. Hope I am not late for dinner! He said with a resounding alto voice. We are just about to start dad, you almost missed it. He wanted to say he was sorry but he knew that was all he has been saying all week. Good evening Mr. Specter! Stacy said. He answered with a warm smile, as he settles on his chair.
I brought a bottle of wine for the dinner,
He drops it on the table as he sets his cutleries
“You don’t look well Mr. Specter” Stacy said
She asks as she serves the food round, wondering whether she was really worried about him or herself.
Brian in his late forties is a tall, lanky and handsome man, his childish face tends to betray his real age as he looks very young. His smile as charming as ever makes every look as refreshing as the last. He is as simple as simplicity but tough and obstinate. His white skin and dark hair makes him look a little vibrant.
He shrugged as he answered just a little bit jaded, coming close to finishing my research.
The truth is that Brian has not been the same since Jeremy’s mum died. She had been his light and his life. He really did lose it when she died. He has only cared about his research after that, maybe hoping he could bring her back.
Jeremy was quiet all this while before he spoke up, “so dad how is your research going”?
Remy on the other hand was just a chip of the old block. He has had to take care of himself from a very young age.
In his late teens, he will be twenty soon he was as tall as his father but has the looks of his mother. He was of the opinion that science and bizarre scientific theories ruined their home, unlike his father he was passionate about life and existence. He believes and appreciates what is, not theories few psychopaths make up to satisfy their voracious curiosity. Since the death of his mum, Stacy his girlfriend has been everything to him; especially with the incessant absence of his father. Stacy who just celebrated her 18th birthday lives in sunshine city a couple of miles from cape villa where the local institute of technology is located. They both take classes together, but they share a lot other things in common far from classes. Anastasia stones was more of a runaway, she despises going home even during holiday; maybe because she hates how abusive his dad is to her mum. She stays around the house with Remy whenever they were out of school. She is a beauty to behold with her tiny lips, eyes and jaw. 5ft8 in height with her long hairs and her brown skin like ivory. She was really a cutie, with an athletic build like a super model. Oh that is going great in a few month it will be over, he answered with mouth half full. I heard united nations are not in support of the project and want to eradicate it, said stacy. Yea they are speculations but they are still in court, he smirked and said I hope it doesn’t materialize. The rest of dinner went on without any word, until young Specter broke the silence. “Dad Ana is sick”, she would be having her cancer operation next week. He was nearly crying when he said it’s kind of late but the doctors at the teaching hospital said they can pull through, but the chance is slim. He cleaned his tears and continued, I brought her so that we can celebrate her recovery in advance. Stacy was the fighter she was trying as much possible to conceal her fears and pain, she was the strong one here. Remy couldn’t control himself as he stop up and left the room, “excuse me sir” stacy said a went after him.
The trepidation and anxiety that clasped him when his wife died griped him and he was agitated. He could feel exactly how his son felt but this time around he was going to stop it. He swore under his gut more than ever to finish his project.

CHAPTER THREE
It’s 7:00am on this cold Saturday morning, on your favorite radio station. Get all the amazing news and entertainment right here and don’t to---uch the dial. Before the news at seven we wish to present you the emergency news. The State government has asked the court to grant the petition of UN over proscribing the ongoing Reproductive cloning going on in the state. This with immediate effect is going to commence from the coming week hence all research centers are here by shutdown. The officials and researchers are hereby asked to vacate the centers as soon as possible. This decision was made after the protest which held yesterday at the government house. Our correspondence is here to give you the details…
Dad! Wake up, please wake up.
He runs to the sitting room where his father was resting,
It’s in the news! “It has been made official he said with a trembling voice”. He stared a little and turned to him, I don’t understand? It is in the news, “listen”
That is not possible, no!
“This is not happening”
They can’t do that.
Listen that is not real, they can’t just stop the research, They don’t know how close I am. He was shivering and sweating really fast, he couldn’t cry and he couldn’t whim. He just sat speechless, Dad it’s going to be fine, and the countenance of his dad was strange. He has never seen him that despondent. He was a broken soul, a lost man, his world and life was falling apart. He wanted to say something but the words wouldn’t come out.

It has been over 6hours now and Prof. Specter has not moved from where he was, his mobile phone has been ringing endlessly. Now he stands up haphazardly.
I need to get to the office, he said in a depressed voice I will be back soon. He walks to his car outside and zooms off.
He enters the research center which is just 15mins drive from his house. He has been wondering whether what happened within the last hour was real or another science fiction. This was his life, his ambition, his dream. He had put in his all into this project, and it’s going off within a blink of an eye. He walked straight to his office without any pleasantries. He has to start moving his things, this was not the end. His years work cannot be flushed into the drain like that. He has been talking to himself and he was talking louder now.
“Sorry Prof” Are you talking to me?
Amanda! No don’t worry was just, don’t worry thanks
It’s a pity on the new court order; I heard it this morning too.
Are we moving? No I am moving and please help me with all the files there. Take them to the car for me; I will come with the rest.
This is not yet over.
Re: THE Clonist...(sci-fi) Impossiblity Is Nothing.. by Jrush(m): 12:36am On Aug 06, 2015
More updates coming soon!!!
Re: THE Clonist...(sci-fi) Impossiblity Is Nothing.. by chocolateme(f): 12:36am On Aug 06, 2015
How dare you!! I say how dare you be the FTC on your own thread? In your village, do you guys eat your cake and have it? Anyways, I pardon you because of the captivation effect your write-ups's got on me.

But seriously, apart from this already posted one here, your work needs serious editing and arrangements.. if I am to read it out loud obeying your punctuation marks, then I would have to read and loose my breath before getting to your "full stop'.. don't mind me, just being humorous.
Re: THE Clonist...(sci-fi) Impossiblity Is Nothing.. by Jrush(m): 12:57am On Aug 06, 2015
chocolateme:
How dare you!! I say how dare you be the FTC on your own thread? In your village, do you guys eat your cake and have it? Anyways, I pardon you because of the captivation effect your write-ups's got on me.

But seriously, apart from this already posted one here, your work needs serious editing and arrangements.. if I am to read it out loud obeying your punctuation marks, then I would have to read and loose my breath before getting to your "full stop'.. don't mind me, just being humorous.
yup it would be edited by someone else, just want to know good the storyline is..
cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Perfectly Imperfect / The Deliverance. / Index Your Webpages Into Google Search Index And Google News For World Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.